Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Onrush lootboxes.

HENNINGHKHENNINGHK Member New Car Smell
edited March 26 in Onrush General Discussion
Do you guys realy want it so the only progression in the game is through lootboxes? Feel like they are trying to push on a addiction to lootboxes/gambling...

Comments

• arookCMarookCM Community Manager
    Hi @HENNINGHK! - That's not how progression will work in ONRUSH at all. Progression in ONRUSH will be variable based on skill. There's a levelling up system and everytime you level up you're well rewarded. It's also worth noting that the open beta in May will be used to collate data to ensure that everyone is levelling up at the optimal rate :smile:
  • jayp666jayp666 Member Wheel Nut
    Sorry but you shot yourself in the foot the second I saw there was lootboxes, I've hit the cancel button on my preorder. I will Never Ever buy a game with lootboxes no matter how much interested I am. I condemn these anti consumers practices. 
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Member Wheel Nut
    Anti consumer because you can't put a hat on your character?
  • GrindleflyGrindlefly Member New Car Smell
    I gotta say i'm with the poster above. This was going to be a day one buy but i will not buy a game with lootboxes. Here is hoping The Crew 2 delivers because this was looking great and i'm really dissapointed
  • brutalpandaxbrutalpandax Member New Car Smell
    Wow people calm down. You get in game money to buy gear and every level up on your account you get a lootbox. There is no duplicate loot and you can still save up pretty easily to buy what you want. There is no way to buy in-game money with real money.
  • nox163nox163 Member New Car Smell
    Wow people calm down. You get in game money to buy gear and every level up on your account you get a lootbox. There is no duplicate loot and you can still save up pretty easily to buy what you want. There is no way to buy in-game money with real money.
    You can recive duplicate items in the boxes, but it gives you some coins to buy stuff (300 for duplicated green item, 500 for a blue itemand 1000 for a epic one, if i dont remember wrong)
    I think they will sell the coins in the future as all other games with lootboxes, It looks the game is designed to it, but lets hope I am wrong with this and you can only unlock the stuff by playing, and they add more content, like tracks, modes or even classes, for both multiplayer and custom mode.
  • Strider1979Strider1979 Member New Car Smell
    I honestly dont know what all the fuss is about with loot boxes. As long as they offer no physical advantage over any other player then its just a bit of fun. You dont have to buy loot boxes..period. I think we have had a jump on the bandwagon attitude afetr what happened with the EA Star Wars game. Titanfall did a really good job of handling this by not doing loot boxes offering all DLC maps as free and then letting people buy cosmetic stuff if they so chose. Again none of it gives you any advantage over anyone else, its just cosmetic. OnRush is a fantastic game, and to say you wont buy it just because it has loot boxes, to me means your not really that interested anyway, in which case why bother saying anything!