Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Introducing Faya - Developer Liaison for F1 Games

Hi all! 

As you may have seen today in the Codies Blog, I'm the new Developer Liaison for the F1 Games series. As I said there, I’m here to help on a certain upcoming game and look after the F1 Games section of the forums. I’ll be taking all your feedback, thoughts and comments to the team, as well as keeping you updated on different bits about the game as well, like patches. One of my main jobs will be helping the team get more information on any problems you may find, so if you’ve found technical issues I may be poking you to find out more about what’s going on. You’ll also see the forums getting a little bit more attention, where I’ll be moving threads to the right areas and updating a few threads here and there. 

Some of you may recognise my name or avatar, as I used to be the Community Manager on LOTRO and F1 Race Stars, back in the day. I’m really looking forward to getting to know you all and helping out wherever I can! If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask, I’ll do my best to answer them!

Comments

• Far1anFar1an Member Unleaded
    Great having you here. Hopefully the communication will now become more regular. :)

Welcome.
  • F1ITACommunityF1ITACommunity Member Unleaded
    Great news!
    1st question :smile: ... news about opening of F1 2018 beta candidature program ?
  • mischawmischaw Member New Car Smell
    Hi Faya, welcome to the community !

Pretty straightforward question, what is the situation with the safety car? I note it's not been fixed in the latest F1 2017 patch, is this something that will be resolved for the F1 2018 release. Is it an issue the development team are aware of and will get sorted?

Thanks
  • FayaFaya Member admin
    Thanks @Far1an

Hi @F1ITACommunity! The team is currently working on a beta plan for this year, and we should have some more news for you soon.

Thanks @mischaw! I know that the Safety Car has been an issue for many of you. The team is looking at what can be done to improve it for future projects.  

• F1ITACommunityF1ITACommunity Member Unleaded
    Faya said:
    Thanks @Far1an

Hi @F1ITACommunity! The team is currently working on a beta plan for this year, and we should have some more news for you soon.

Thank you for your reply! Last year was so difficult for us with F1 2017, but our community should think positive about your hard working on next game and we are sure will be very good! We hope to could help you with a lot of feedback this year too, like in the 2017. I am proud to say that we have provided many useful feedback last year.  Or at least we hope so! :smile:

• guidomixguidomix Member New Car Smell
    edited March 28
    Faya said:

Hi all! 

As you may have seen today in the Codies Blog, I'm the new Developer Liaison for the F1 Games series. As I said there, I’m here to help on a certain upcoming game and look after the F1 Games section of the forums. I’ll be taking all your feedback, thoughts and comments to the team, as well as keeping you updated on different bits about the game as well, like patches. One of my main jobs will be helping the team get more information on any problems you may find, so if you’ve found technical issues I may be poking you to find out more about what’s going on. You’ll also see the forums getting a little bit more attention, where I’ll be moving threads to the right areas and updating a few threads here and there. 

Some of you may recognise my name or avatar, as I used to be the Community Manager on LOTRO and F1 Race Stars, back in the day. I’m really looking forward to getting to know you all and helping out wherever I can! If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask, I’ll do my best to answer them!

Nice to hear that and meet u! In my opinion it's really important to have an admin that moving around the threads and talk with us for feedback and bug reports. Good job! ;)
    We're really excited to try the next beta if you'll give us the chance.

• RaserPaulRaserPaul Member New Car Smell
    edited March 28
    Dear @Faya,
    I´am very happy to hear that CM is introducing new parts for communitymanagement but I was wondering if your Support is just in English. Do you also support in other languages like German etc. ? 
    Is it possible to give you Feedback from F1 Racing League in the games what we want to have new in the upcoming part of the F1 series or just bugreports ? 

Hope for a quick answer!

Post edited by RaserPaul on
  • floriswijers16floriswijers16 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Hi @Faya

welcome to the community! Got one question! When Will there be something announced about esports? Hopefully today! Have a Nice Day!
  • FayaFaya Member admin
    You're most welcome @F1ITACommunity and I'm sure your feedback was great! 
    Thanks @guidomix! I'm super excited to be back and to get everyone's feedback and reports. 

• ihaycheeseihaycheese Member New Car Smell
    Hi @Faya,

Just wondering, what's the situation with old F1 games being compatible on the newer consoles. For example, F1 2014 is backwards compatible and I can play it on the Xbox One, but It's probably most people's least favorite F1 game. Is there any chance we'll see F1 2013 or F1 2012 backwards compatible in the future? 
    (Please for the love of god do F1 2013, especially for the classic cars) 
  • BrendinioBrendinio Member New Car Smell
    Welcome :) looking forward to testing the new patch today ;) please feel free to follow our racing league @RedLineRacing18, i think it would be a fantastic idea in F12018 if for online there was a Make your own team and racesuit and chasis design, this would see many a new F1 eSports teams competing in F1 and you could invite your friends to join your team. Also career mode is really in need of AI driver transfers so your not the only one moving over the course of 10 years, it gets really boring afteer season 2. ;) PS4 - BrenDinio83 
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    edited March 28
    @Faya Looking forward to seeing you around the forums, hope the minority don't scare you off the majority of reasonable people on here.  o:)
  • FayaFaya Member admin
    Hi @floriswijers16 and thanks! 
    There should be something announced about this years Esports series in the not too distant future.
  • FMPItaliaFMPItalia Member New Car Smell
    Very pleasured to read it! 
    Have a good work @Faya!
  • MikawelllMikawelll Member New Car Smell
    This is great news Welcome onboard.
    See you for F1 2018 so ? :D 
  • leoakinoleoakino Member New Car Smell
    Welcome Faya!

Do you plan introduce halo on the camera TV view? If yes, is there any possibility for the players don't see the halo? Because I think will be much more difficult to play.. Maybe, if you find a better position than the position of we saw on the last weekend on TV must improve the experience.. 
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Race Engineer
    YESSS I can finally start using the forums properly again. We've needed this for agesssss
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • FayaFaya Member admin

Hi @RaserPaul! I’m afraid I only know English and just enough German to order a coffee. However, if someone does post in another language I will be employing the strategic use of Google Translate.  

On feedback and suggestions: Yes, I do want to hear all your feedback and suggestions and I will be regularly collecting up all of this for the team. I must warn you however that feedback and suggestions might not be implemented in game and I will not be able to answer if they will be or why they are not. But please do not let that put you off giving suggestions and feedback!

Hi @ihaycheese, I’m sorry, there are no plans for backwards compatibility with the old F1 titles at this time.

Hi @leoakino, I’m sorry, I don’t have an answer about the in game Halo at the moment, but the team is looking at options.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

• MicheMai51MicheMai51 Member New Car Smell
    Welcome @Faya!
    I'm an admin of the forum @F1ITACommunity, I look forward to news about beta test, in the meantime I wish you a good work.

*** @F1ITACommunity  Admin/Driver ***
    Our F1 2017 Online Championship -> http://f1italiancommunity-ps4.forumfree.it/ 
    Visit us on FB -> https://www.facebook.com/F1ItalianCommunity/ 
  • AvengerGR35AvengerGR35 Member New Car Smell
    Welcome! I only have one suggestion to make for the next game. I want my driver's helmet to have team sponsors because the helmets feel very empty without sponsors.