Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Introducing Faya - Developer Liaison for F1 Games

Comments

• meeuwtjemeeuwtje Member New Car Smell
    @Faya welkome, good luck for codies✌️

Q: is this the last patch on F1 2017? 

• ChromaticChromatic Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    edited March 29
    Faya said:

Hi all! 

As you may have seen today in the Codies Blog, I'm the new Developer Liaison for the F1 Games series. As I said there, I’m here to help on a certain upcoming game and look after the F1 Games section of the forums. I’ll be taking all your feedback, thoughts and comments to the team, as well as keeping you updated on different bits about the game as well, like patches. One of my main jobs will be helping the team get more information on any problems you may find, so if you’ve found technical issues I may be poking you to find out more about what’s going on. You’ll also see the forums getting a little bit more attention, where I’ll be moving threads to the right areas and updating a few threads here and there. 

Some of you may recognise my name or avatar, as I used to be the Community Manager on LOTRO and F1 Race Stars, back in the day. I’m really looking forward to getting to know you all and helping out wherever I can! If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask, I’ll do my best to answer them!

As much I like to see more people introduced to the forums I hope this means we can have assurances that your games wont be as broken on release as experienced in the past.

How many different racing lines will you take 

Originally Withyman on the old forum's 

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TBCFormulae 

Manor may be gone but the history they made lives on

• Joethe155Joethe155 Member Co-Driver
    More of the same.
    That should be great....
  • TeenierNeilb69TeenierNeilb69 Member Unleaded
    edited March 30
    Hi @Faya good to see your announcement.

Regarding beta testing. Experience from last year was that it was lacking a formal bug logging approach via a system similar to JIRA. The open free format forum thread approach just doesn't cut it. The beta feedback appeared to get very chaotic.

For example every bug you enter should require you to specify your system characteristics, particularly for PC beta's. 
    Some simple bug categorisation system should be employed; graphical, game play, multiplayer, menu error, etc... All entered through drop downs lists and form fields.  I.E. tie the bug entry down to just the info the developers need, removing the noise. Make your job and the developers easier and also the bug raisers. Enforce dxdiag upload at bug entry, dont allow bug entry if not provided (PC only). Last year I regularly saw @hoo replying to bug posts with, please let me know your specs and provide dxdiag info. Just make all of this mandatory.

It doesn't have to be a full blown bug tracking system, just a simple database with a web browser front end. I know you have the people to do this in Codemasters,
    @DanHawk1ns being one in partucular (but he might be a bit Esport busy)

Oh and with you appearing what happened to @F1Support are they still around, or is that more a general non specific person, the person on shift?
    Do we direct issues to you or @F1Support ?

Thanks
    Neil
  • TeenierNeilb69TeenierNeilb69 Member Unleaded
    @LSKone very well said. Sorry I didn't read your post before I pretty much said the same.
  • DanHawk1nsDanHawk1ns Member, Codemasters admin
    @DanHawk1ns being one in partucular (but he might be a bit Esport busy)
    Yes, absolutely busy at the moment with Esports. (Sorry :( !) 
  • floriswijers16floriswijers16 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    @DanHawk1ns do you know how long we we have to wait for esports to come? Today maybe?? Hope so! Cant wait :)
    @DanHawk1ns do you know how long we we have to wait for esports to come? Today maybe?? Hope so! Cant wait :)
    Depends which eSports you mean :D 

DiRT is already out :tongue:
    F1 may come soon ;)
  • BuczerP79BuczerP79 Member New Car Smell
    edited March 30
  • JR6492JR6492 Member Wheel Nut
    @Faya ;
    Hi,

I was just wondering if there was anything planned for ghosting cars in online races. I.e lapped cars who purposely take out drivers.

Also will we see dedicated servers at any point in f1 games?

thanks.
  • Razer12hopRazer12hop Member Pit Crew

Another new community manager with promises with better communication with the customer. Nothing will change.

So what's the difference now between @jennyannem and @faya ?

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion

Another new community manager with promises with better communication with the customer. Nothing will change.

jenny got a multi?
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    edited March 30
    FRACTURED said:

jenny got a multi?
    Jenny's still definitely here :) - the patch happened to come whilst I was on Annual Leave, but I'm definitely still here. Like @Faya said in the OP, she's getting feedback from you guys and giving it to the team, getting more information from your bug reports and reporting it back. We've heard your feedback with regards to communication and the forums, and this is very much a part of that.
  • Razer12hopRazer12hop Member Pit Crew
    FRACTURED said:

jenny got a multi?
    Jenny's still definitely here :) - the patch happened to come whilst I was on Annual Leave, but I'm definitely still here. Like @Faya said in the OP, she's getting feedback from you guys and giving it to the team, getting more information from your bug reports and reporting it back. We've heard your feedback with regards to communication and the forums, and this is very much a part of that.

What you describe sounds to me like a community manager. So what is task as a community Manager then?

And lets not forget @f1support :P what is his role now?

• floriswijers16floriswijers16 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    @jennyannem and @Faya and @DanHawk1ns what happend to the tweet formula1game tweeted about esports? I saw it and half an hour later it was deleted. why? is there something going wrong? want to hear something, because I am so gassed right now, because I thought it was going to be announced today. but still haven't seen or heard something yet. hopefully you can give a confirmation about this plz.

Kind regards
    @jennyannem and @Faya and @DanHawk1ns what happend to the tweet formula1game tweeted about esports? I saw it and half an hour later it was deleted. why? is there something going wrong? want to hear something, because I am so gassed right now, because I thought it was going to be announced today. but still haven't seen or heard something yet. hopefully you can give a confirmation about this plz.

Kind regards
    Nothing going wrong. F1 Esports news may be coming soon :) That's all we have at the moment. 
  • LSKoneLSKone Member Wheel Nut
    edited March 30
    @TeenierNeilb69 ;
    Yeah man np ;) . It's just good to see that I'm not the only one who came up with an idea like that. Like, other developers even do a public Trello-Board, where the players can clearly see what the devs are currently working on and what they consider for the future and so on. Things like these really help to strengthen the community <-> developer relationship.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    JR6492 said:
    @Faya ;
    Hi,

I was just wondering if there was anything planned for ghosting cars in online races. I.e lapped cars who purposely take out drivers.

thanks.
    Ghosted cars is such a bad idea. Online rep will have to be the solution. Although, crashers will build rep just to take someone out.

Ghost cars are stupid.
    I'm not stupid, I just don't always have all the necessary information,...stupid.
  • JR6492JR6492 Member Wheel Nut
    JR6492 said:
    @Faya ;
    Hi,

thanks.
    Ghosted cars is such a bad idea. Online rep will have to be the solution. Although, crashers will build rep just to take someone out.

Ghost cars are stupid.
    I mean I can see a lot of issues with rep system as you’re taking for granted that it will actually work properly. I think there’s a good possibility that you’d accrue bad rep from being in incidents you did not cause or were completely unavoidable, as well as incidents due to lag. 

good chance you’d end up in lobbies with crashes anyway. Nothing worse than getting crashed out by someone who is super slow or loses front wing and gives up and says **** it I’ll just take people out for the lolz
  • stikerstiker Member New Car Smell
    Faya said:

Hi all! 

As you may have seen today in the Codies Blog, I'm the new Developer Liaison for the F1 Games series. As I said there, I’m here to help on a certain upcoming game and look after the F1 Games section of the forums. I’ll be taking all your feedback, thoughts and comments to the team, as well as keeping you updated on different bits about the game as well, like patches. One of my main jobs will be helping the team get more information on any problems you may find, so if you’ve found technical issues I may be poking you to find out more about what’s going on. You’ll also see the forums getting a little bit more attention, where I’ll be moving threads to the right areas and updating a few threads here and there. 

Some of you may recognise my name or avatar, as I used to be the Community Manager on LOTRO and F1 Race Stars, back in the day. I’m really looking forward to getting to know you all and helping out wherever I can! If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask, I’ll do my best to answer them!

Hi faya, welcome, please could help include the Nigerian flag