Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Introducing Faya - Developer Liaison for F1 Games

Comments

• LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Petrol Head
    edited April 2018
    @bus5ojp

More and wider parameters in the camera settings section should do the trick imho.

On Assetto Corsa you can change the cam however you want and there are plenty of vids on YouTube, "madotter" for example, where you can see the results of different angles with the halo on top, T-Cam included, not obstructive at all.

Only angle that might be a "problem" for some is going to be the cockpit cam, or possibly the helmet cam if Codies finally decided to add that new angle this time, but that could also be solved easily by a more functional "look to apex" feature or even VR (not that TOBI is bad or anything, but more variety in different options is needed for those unwilling to pay huge bucks for a extra peripheral device).

Many creative options left to workaround this issue with new solutions and or better features etc., so turning the Halo off is not a must especially as it would only harm the games "officiality" in the end.

PS: here's a link to the vid i was talking about,

Post edited by LilBrown47 on
    Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • DavidRacer04DavidRacer04 Member New Car Smell
    salut
    j'aimerais retrouver le mode coop en carrière, souvent redemandé. 
    un mode pour les paramètres personnalisés avec une barre de couleur en partant du rouge très mauvais vers le bleu parfait en passant par orange mauvais, jaune bon, vert très bon, pour savoir régler son monoplace cela aider d'aider les joueurs sans oublier de paramètres par défaut pour chaque circuit. 
    une amélioration des graphismes des mécanos, ingénieurs et pilotes trop caricatures. 
    de meilleurs effets visuels des accidents tel crevaison avec la gomme qui était en miette avant d'arriver au stand et d'arriver sur la jante. 
    retravailler l'éclatement de la roue avec un gros morceau de gomme qui vole en éclat.
    voir le pilote sortir de sa F1 et les commissaires sortir la monoplace lors des abandons sur le circuit. 
    retravailler le multijoueur car celui de F1 2017 trop de voiture de stock décevant pour monter dans le mode il faut prendre en compte le mode personnalisable c'est meilleur de faire des cours avec nos amis plus fair-play.
  • TheKing0074uTheKing0074u Member New Car Smell
    Hi there @Faya welcome to the community. Do you have any ideas about what will happen with the halo and if it will be implemented into the F1 game this year. If so, how do you think the camera angles will be created so that the halo isn't ruining the view of the race track and impeding our view of nearby surroundings to the car.
    Salut à Codemasters
    Il serait intéressant de rajouter la sauvegarde de course en plus du mode revoir la course pour faciliter les montages vidéos pour créer des vidéos pour yourtube ou autre.
    Sur d'autres jeux de course il y est, car c'est long à revoir et faire share à chaque fois.
    Mettre toutes les caméras sur la F1 et rajouter la caméra pour voir les suspensions et freins comme en vrai sans oublier d' enlever la vue pour voir la F1 de vue de dernière car en vrai sur la course sa n'existe pas.
    J'aime beaucoup faire des montages vidéos faut penser à créer un thème sharefactory pour F1 et d'autres jeux de courses.
    Grand Merci à Codemasters.
    Une dernière chose faut ajouter des avatars F1 (ex: casque des pilotes, écurie ou autre )
  • BrenOnsBrenOns Member New Car Smell
    May I suggest that on turn 1, lap 1. Drivers are not penalized for overtaking under a yellow flag. 
    salut
    ajouter les ingénieurs et mécaniciens qui serraient approprié à chaque écurie sans faire de contra, 
     auxquelles on pourrais ajouter des points d’amélioration.
    pouvoir créer notre écurie personnalisable. 
  • larryllarryl Member Co-Driver
    may i suggest we keep the forum in english.
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - F1-2018 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T300 (F1 Ferrari Rim) - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 Pro - No Assists
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    larryl said:
    Not all players are English. Web Pages will translate automatically so for a forum that isn't sub divided by language, why not let people post in their native tongue. Its not a big deal.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    FRACTURED said:
    larryl said:
    Not all players are English. Web Pages will translate automatically so for a forum that isn't sub divided by language, why not let people post in their native tongue. Its not a big deal.
    It is generally accepted that English is the language of Western European and North American technical support forums.

Although most are fluent in stupid.
    I'm not stupid, I just don't always have all the necessary information,...stupid.
  • larryllarryl Member Co-Driver
    FRACTURED said:
    larryl said:

i do not agree with u. No hard feelings, but you can do some effort to translate can you?
    English is not my native language and still i'm trying. The forum and site is also in english.......but hey, its only a suggestion :smiley:
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - F1-2018 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T300 (F1 Ferrari Rim) - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 Pro - No Assists
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    larryl said:
    FRACTURED said:
    larryl said:

i do not agree with u. No hard feelings, but you can do some effort to translate can you?
    English is not my native language and still i'm trying. The forum and site is also in english.......but hey, its only a suggestion :smiley:
    Chrome just pops up and says translate this page and jobs done :P
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • FayaFaya Member admin

Hey all!

We do prefer people to post in English if they can. Not everyone can though, so people are more than welcome to post in their native tongue if need be. When that happens, I’ll always try to answer in both English and a Google Translated version of the original post. We may have a few hiccups as the automatically translated version isn’t as good as a proper translator, but we’ll do our best!

• maumartimaumarti Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2018
    Hi @Faya. Happy to read you're here :)
    I read the team is evaluating options for HALO in the 2018 F1 game. I'm quite concerned about the cockpit view, because it's not just a matter of "nice" or "ugly" shape... A completely SOLID VERTICAL BAR is both uncomfortable and NOT REAL...: real drivers does not see a "solid" object, for them it's semi transparent (we have two eyes which look forward ;) ).
    I read several suggestions like mine; hope the team will consider the option to make halo semi-transparent, at least in cockpit view (I'm sure it won't be completely removable, and I think it's right it if we want an official game ;) )
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Faya said:

Hey all!

We do prefer people to post in English if they can. Not everyone can though, so people are more than welcome to post in their native tongue if need be.

They're supposed to endeavour to provide an English translation if they do that though, according to your forum rules:

"The language of the forums is English. If you post in another language, we request that you try to provide a translation."

Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    Faya said:

Hey all!

We do prefer people to post in English if they can. Not everyone can though, so people are more than welcome to post in their native tongue if need be.

They're supposed to endeavour to provide an English translation if they do that though, according to your forum rules:

"The language of the forums is English. If you post in another language, we request that you try to provide a translation."

Help us to help you in essence.
    I'm not stupid, I just don't always have all the necessary information,...stupid.
  • ffigueirffigueir Member Wheel Nut
    edited April 2018
    Hello @Faya !

I would like to report some bad AI behavior under blue flag condition @ Monaco GP.

AI drivers should just pull over on the straights. Instead, they are pulling over on corners. The track is narrow and that bad AI decision brings about collision, ruining the race.

Post edited by ffigueir on
  • Flazh92Flazh92 Member Pit Crew
    Hi @Faya

looking forward to see you and the team interact with the community much more. :)

Can you give us anything about the Official HUD? Is the Team looking to implement it in this year, since the E-Sports part is getting alot of atention and it is highly demanded by the Community?
  • RanyWeskerRanyWesker Member New Car Smell
    Hi @Faya. I hope i can make part of the beta program of F1 2018
  • JayPhoneixJayPhoneix Member Unleaded
    F1 2018 is looking good so far (Had to post my draft won't delete it self)