Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

No car sound in F1-2017

Hello, I’m new to F1-2017 and cannot get the car sound working at all times, no matter the audio driver version and settings. Most of the times, it stops working by going to the track. Then, a glitch is heard at switching the menus until leaving the program. Help, please.

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Race Steward
    Gonna assume this is PC.

Checklist
    Install latest driver. Run dxdiag to check no problems.
    Set as default sound device in Windows Control panel for playback and comms (set the Communications tab preference to 'Do Nothing')
    Set default sound format is 24-bit 48000Hz if not, set 
    Start game
    Check sound source in-game Audio Settings, set as appropriate

If problem persists, verify game files in Steam.
    If problem persists, backup and reinstall game, first run should reinstall MS Kinect audio runtimes and VC runtimes.
    Restart Windows, play game.

Post more info if still not working.

You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com 
  • betkrobetkro Member New Car Smell
    I found a workaround, which is  disabling the Realtek audio driver in Windows Device Manager before starting the game. After the game introduction, while in the pit for practice or race (not before) the audio driver is reenabled. It's annoying, but it worked for now.
    My PC: W7Pro, Intel DP67BG mobo with i5 3.1GHz and built-in Realtek sound controller, GTX-580 graphics.
    betkro said:
    I found a workaround, which is  disabling the Realtek audio driver in Windows Device Manager before starting the game. After the game introduction, while in the pit for practice or race (not before) the audio driver is reenabled. It's annoying, but it worked for now.
    My PC: W7Pro, Intel DP67BG mobo with i5 3.1GHz and built-in Realtek sound controller, GTX-580 graphics.
    Try using DDU to uninstall the GeForce Driver. Install the 391.35? (FarCry 5) with only Driver and PhysX (i.e not 3D or HD Audio) 

The Realtek reference driver is WHQL IIRC v2.82 

post back
    steviejay69, after your suggestion for disabling 3D and HD audio, the issue still persists. Tks anyway.
    betkro said:
    steviejay69, after your suggestion for disabling 3D and HD audio, the issue still persists. Tks anyway.
    Leave the audio driver enabled and ALT-TAB out and back into the game after you lose audio. See if the audio is affected / restored.
    steviejay69, I'd also tried that, but just the procedure I mentioned before will go.
  • SeveLorenzoSeveLorenzo Member New Car Smell
    Gonna assume this is PC.

Checklist
    Install latest driver. Run dxdiag to check no problems.
    Set as default sound device in Windows Control panel for playback and comms (set the Communications tab preference to 'Do Nothing')
    Set default sound format is 24-bit 48000Hz if not, set 
    Start game
    Check sound source in-game Audio Settings, set as appropriate

If problem persists, verify game files in Steam.
    If problem persists, backup and reinstall game, first run should reinstall MS Kinect audio runtimes and VC runtimes.
    Restart Windows, play game.

Post more info if still not working.

I have the same problem. Yestarday it runs perfectly but today I have no voice on race. i've tride all the checklist but the problem persists.
  • OxWearingSocksOxWearingSocks Member New Car Smell
    I also have this problem. Have had it for a couple of weeks maybe (very likely the 28 March patch was when I first saw it). It used to be I could restart the game and the audio would come back, but the last 2 days I've had no success with this. Makes the game unplayable now, and I'm halfway through my 5th 50% race distance season to indicate how long I've played without problems.

Same symptoms as above. I can add that it happens in career, time trial, multiplayer, etc whenever the game transitions between the "Crofty intro" to the circuit, and then putting you in the driving seat. I play with headphones and there is a definite noise when snapping into the session, and when you exit and go back to the loading screen.

I updated my Realtek drivers yesterday with no success. I checked the default sound format, the in game audio settings (and switched from front aux in to rear with no change). dxdiag.exe sees no issues. Verified with Steam. I'm not keen on a re-installation as any corruption to this career would render the best part of my 246 hours in game so far redundant. First game I've had anywhere near this many hours on since my uni CoD4 multiplayer days so it's really disappointing.

I'm on Win 7 Pro SP1 64bit, i5-6500, 16GM RAM if it helps. Any other info needed, please let me know.
    Oh, and I'm using a GeForce GTX 970. Forgot to add to my previous reply.
    @OxWearingSocks @betkro you both run W7Pro and have i5 GTX and Realtek.

Try a system restore to before the W7 March update.

Try a reversion to the previous Nvidia driver. Use DDU and the driver version will be the next newest in C:\Nvidia you should be able to run the old installer or redownload it from their website.

The Realtek reference driver hasn’t changed for a good while. As a last resort try the motherboard support site and use the drivers there.Use Geek Uninstaller to remove registry cruft when uninstalling.

Otherwise it’s the game patch or possibly something 3rd party.

@Faya

Thanks for your suggestions @steviejay69 . I'll try the System Restore on the weekend. For what it's worth, I did DDU and went back a version on the NVIDIA driver to no avail. I deliberately didn't install the audio add on part of the package (3D Audio or something I think it was called) but it's made no difference.

In the meantime, the suggestion from @betkro to disable to device until I'm "in the cockpit" does work. Not ideal but I've used worse workarounds back in the Windows ME days.
    Sorry to double post (can't see a way to edit my previous post). I've just looked through other threads and seen the same complaints. This video is exactly what happens FWIW:

This is from the posters in this thread http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56443/pc-no-car-sounds#latest who have the exact same issues.
  • FayaFaya Member admin

Hi all,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for all the information you’ve posted. I’ll get this investigated further with the team.

Hi @OxWearingSocks, don’t worry about the double post. Usually we would ask for you to edit your post, but some of our forum buttons have gone invisible at the moment. We hope to have that fixed soon.

Thanks again!

• F1ITACommunityF1ITACommunity Member Wheel Nut
    edited April 10
    Faya said:

Hi @OxWearingSocks, don’t worry about the double post. Usually we would ask for you to edit your post, but some of our forum buttons have gone invisible at the moment. We hope to have that fixed soon.

Thanks again!

The problem with the invisible options/edit button is caused by this two classes: "ToggleFlyout OptionsMenu" and "Flyout MenuItems".

"Flyout MenuItems" has display:none attribute. If you open the developer console and delete that classes or unflag the display:none the option menu and edit come back clickable!
    Here a screenshot. Hope this is helpful 

• DanHawk1nsDanHawk1ns Member, Codemasters admin
    Faya said:

Thanks again!

The problem with the invisible options/edit button is caused by this two classes: "ToggleFlyout OptionsMenu" and "Flyout MenuItems".

"Flyout MenuItems" has display:none attribute. If you open the developer console and delete that classes or unflag the display:none the option menu and edit come back clickable!

This is standard functionality until the menu sprite is clicked. Once clicked JavaScript removes that class. 

The issue is the sprite in the top right is missing, which we're looking into :) 
    Faya said:

Thanks again!

This is standard functionality until the menu sprite is clicked. Once clicked JavaScript removes that class. 

The issue is the sprite in the top right is missing, which we're looking into :) 
    If you think that I can help you, do not hesitate to write to me a MP.
    edited April 10
    If you remove this background
      background-image: url("//vanillicon.com/sprites/ui_sprites-16c-hex_str(#333333).png");
    from the 
    /** Sprites **/
    for this classes
    .OptionsTitle, a.Bookmark, a.Bookmarked, a.Bookmarking 
    the clickable gear is visible!

• FayaFaya Member admin

Hi all, 

Could you please move the discussion about the forum's invisible buttons to this thread here if you want to talk about it further. 

If anyone else having issues with their sound, please let me know. I may be back to ask for DXDiags once I've had a chat with the team. 

Many thanks,

edited April 10
    This appears to be related to Realtek drivers being updated in W10 v1709 (16299.xxx), possibly older versions via Windows Update. 

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=7b556f16-6d56-419a-a98b-fd5d79eb148b

Removal and reinstallation of the reference driver R2.82 fixes audio issues in cases encountered so far on most W10 installs (not gaming machines I might add) 

WU build 6.0.1.8601, reference driver build 6.0.1.8397

The issue is not present in W10 v1803 (17133.1) which has gone RTM, but it does seem 'voice control disabled' is a problem. This is because I upgraded last week via UUP ISO when the Insider build was released to the Slow Ring.
    Faya said:

Hi all,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for all the information you’ve posted. I’ll get this investigated further with the team.

Thanks again!

Thanks for getting back to me directly @Faya . Hope this can be resolved. It's a long shot completely and fixing this niche bug is bottom of the priority list I'm sure; but FWIW I work the floor below you guys in Brum so if some poor dev is tasked with investigating this, you're welcome to get your mitts on my desktop in the physical world to debug.