Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Audio problem on f1 2017

My audio is crackling on f1 2017. I have verified the game files on steam and reinstalled the game and used different headphones. Anyone know a fix for this ?

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Race Steward
    Are you using headphones with active sound source (USB dongle) or Bluetooth /USB connection?
    AOR Season 16 Sign-Ups are now CLOSED!
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com

• K3vin1331K3vin1331 Member New Car Smell
    edited April 3
    Are you using headphones with active sound source (USB dongle) or Bluetooth /USB connection?

I use a 3.5mm headphone jack plugged in to my motherboard.
  • ChristopherBergChristopherBerg Member New Car Smell
    I also have the same problem. I use a logitech g930 wireless headset with USB dongle. But there's no problem when I use my externel speakers which is plugged in to 3.5 mm jack then leading to my amplifer and finally out the speakers.
    I also have the same problem. I use a logitech g930 wireless headset with USB dongle. But there's no problem when I use my externel speakers which is plugged in to 3.5 mm jack then leading to my amplifer and finally out the speakers.
    I had the G430 and I ditched the dongle. More trouble than it was worth with this game.

I had the G430 and I ditched the dongle. More trouble than it was worth with this game.
    Yea but on the g930 It's only USB. There's no option too use a 3.5 mm jack. I wish there were.
  • Ds246Ds246 Member New Car Smell
    Got the exact same problem..
    did you found a solution?
     its horrible, i cant play the game.
    I didn't have this problem before and it just started after a patch. I dont think its a headphone problem something is wrong with the game. One thing helped me get rid of this crackling noise. You have to go to your headphone settings on windows and change it to 24 bit @ 48000 hz. That solved the problem for me for a month or so but now it came back. So I think its a bug.
    All I've got is if you repair your Windows installation to 16299.15 and see if it's fixed.

Then manually install 16299.334 (KB4089848) and see if it persists.

If you are using Windows 7 uninstall the last update 2018-03 Monthly Rollup or 2018-03 Security Only update (KB4088875 or KB4088878) and see if that caused it.

All I've got is if you repair your Windows installation to 16299.15 and see if it's fixed.

Then manually install 16299.334 (KB4089848) and see if it persists.

If you are using Windows 7 uninstall the last update 2018-03 Monthly Rollup or 2018-03 Security Only update (KB4088875 or KB4088878) and see if that caused it.
    The (KB4089848) update is installed but i still got the problem. 

• KiLLu12258KiLLu12258 Member Unleaded
    same problem, i have to start my game a few times and then its working.

also since the patch i have the problem that my for feedback isnt working, i have to restart my wheel every session.

Pls fix this stuff..

German F1 League
    push... cant do anything to fix this issue..

German F1 League
    edited April 16
    same problem, i have to start my game a few times and then its working.

also since the patch i have the problem that my for feedback isnt working, i have to restart my wheel every session.

Pls fix this stuff.
    If I start the games few times I dont have the problem anymore.
    edited April 16
    yeah same for me, but anyway they should fix this.

i drive in a liga and if i have no sound i dont have the time to restart my game a few times, i costs me q3 the last qualy.

German F1 League
    Anything like this? @faya I've linked this post to a message with a dxdiag.txt