Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 Gluf Aire Bahrain Grand Prix

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
D A N G E R Z O N E
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

Comments

• SynGamerSynGamer Member Race Steward
    Should be interesting to see how Haas and McLaren perform. Pretty sure we can all agree McLaren got lucky last race for their final positions.
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Seems its Verstappens turns to suffer a issue this round with the team replacing the PU.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Bloody Tag Heuer need to sort their engines out :trollface:
  • JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    I can tell this season is going to be terrible.
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • breezyskells22breezyskells22 Member Unleaded
    You might change your tune as Hamilton turn to take a penalty for gear-box issues 5 places to whereever he qualfys
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Unusual to see a Barge board come loose.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

Ferrari doing well considering Mercedes are going to walk the championship apparently.
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    Hughesy said:
    Ferrari doing well considering Mercedes are going to walk the championship apparently.
    The 2018 Bahrain GP free practice champions. Enzo would be proud.
    Both Toro Rossos beat both McLarens.

Lol 
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    McLolen Renault.

Whenever I feel down about Lewis having a bad weekend, I remember that it could all be so much worse. He could still be driving for McLaren.
    edited April 7
    But they have the best chassis......     

Williams though, they are just shocking, but that's what you get when your two drivers paid to drive and didn't there on talent.
    Ferrari are so slow, they've lost the championship already...
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Might as well end the championship now, Vettel is going to walk it.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

I came from the future, Hamilton is celebrating the title in USA while receiving a trophy from Drake, who then announces the Toronto Grand Prix to be held in 2020.

Jokes aside, we've seen some big screw-ups from Max, Grosjean and Leclerc, all of them lucky that McLaren is eager to take the L of the day again by getting beaten by Toro Rosso-Honda.

PIERRE GASLY THOUGH

PIERRE GASLY THOUGH

That's insane. That's extraordinary talent on display there and I never expected that from Gasly either. That's the kind of display you'd dream of when you're a rookie. Starting 5th is shocking stuff. Deserves all the praise and then some.
    Also, is the forum broken? I seem to be missing some stuff. Like certain buttons and stuff.
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    McLolen Renault.

Whenever I feel down about Lewis having a bad weekend, I remember that it could all be so much worse. He could still be driving for McLaren.
    No more #blessed!  :D So glad Ferrari could get the front row lock out! Hoping for a 1-2.
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    edited April 8
    Mclaren are finished. Like seriously, all trolling aside. They're going the same way as Williams.

They haven't been a "big" team in a long time based on results or reputation. But even aside from that, they've lost out big financially with Honda leaving.

They now have only the 5th biggest expenditure out of 10 teams and no-one wants to pay their ridiculous lead sponsor price. 

On top of that there have been rumours that they want to remove Alonso's massive wage bill next season and they're going to promote Lando Norris, given he has a strong season in F2. 

Adding all this up, you can't seriously expect to compete for wins and championships with the 5th biggest budget in F1 and the inability to attract and retain top drivers. Especially with the resources the top 3 teams' now have. 

They're not a superpower any more and it's starting to look questionable whether they will be again at any point in the foreseeable future. 
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Steward
    After the quali I was like "Wow Raikkonen you need to step up your game", but then I got the message the Ferrari once again ruined Raikkonen's chance to succeed.
    https://streamable.com/bt1rf

Ferrari pulling away on the straights. Monza 1-2 confirmed, boys.