Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Sim Racing Telemetry available for download

KafumantoKafumanto Member New Car Smell

Sim Racing Telemetry is officially available! To download it:

[UPDATE 2018-05-03] Added a Trial Mode: you can now use the app for free with any supported game. All the features are available. The only limitations are the available parameters and the number of storable sessions.

Below a description of the current release with a couple of illustrative mages (please check the Notes section). It supports F1 2017 and F1 2016 on both PC and consoles (PS4, Xbox One).

I would like to thank the members of this community that helped during the development, testing the app and suggesting features and enhancements.

DESCRIPTION

Sim Racing Telemetry is the essential tool for the sim racing eSports community to quickly acquire, analyze and review detailed telemetry data from any sim racing game.

Telemetry is a key factor in eSports racing, allowing sim drivers to interpret data collected during a race or session and use them to properly tune their driving style and vehicle setup for optimum performance.

SRT is the right tool to improve the in-game performance of any sim racer, as real telemetry tools do for real drivers. It’s an indispensable tool to study and plan the setups for time-attacks, qualifications and races.

Sim Racing Telemetry records all available telemetry data and presents them on simple and intuitive interfaces: drivers can analyze data by looking at bare numbers, interactive charts or projected on a reconstructed track. Recorded sessions are also summarized with charts.

SUPPORTED GAMES

• Project Cars 2 (on PC, PS4, Xbox One);
  • F1 2017 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, macOS);
  • Project Cars (PC, PS4, Xbox One);
  • F1 2016 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, macOS).

Support for other games is under active development.

MAIN FEATURES

• access to all telemetry data produced by games;
  • data recording can run continuously: SRT will automatically detect new game sessions;
  • session view with per-lap information (positions, timings, tyre compound, pit-lane status, etc.)
  • laps comparison: compare the telemetry of two laps. All parameters available. A “time difference” (TDiff) chart is shown to get evidence of faster/slower sections.
  • interactive charts for all recorded parameters (select the parameters to plot, reorder them, zoom in/out, etc).
  • interactive tracks with overlaid telemetry data: see telemetry data plotted over a reconstructed track, with the ability to overlay multiple parameters together.
  • interactive track also supports laps comparison.
  • support for: scalar and vector data; per-vehicle and per-wheel data; physical quantities (velocity, temperature, time, pressure, etc.); several units of measure and their conversions (radians/degrees, meters/kilometers, kpa/psi, etc); output in metric and imperial units.

NOTES

• In-app purchases are required to activate the desired racing games support. To capture data, you must own a copy of the enabled games on a supported platform.
  • This is not a dashboard app and no dashboard features are present.
  • To record data, both your device and your PC/console must be connected to the same WiFi network.

All product names, logos, registered trademarks and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.

Post edited by Kafumanto on

Comments

• LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Petrol Head
    Thx for doing Codies job for free.....

Will download this app for sure! :)

Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • KafumantoKafumanto Member New Car Smell
    Not for free :)
    In-app purchases are required to activate the desired racing games support.
  • UP100UP100 Member Petrol Head
    edited April 7

I don't understand how you can call developing random pieces of software for other games Codies' job. I think Codies' job is to allow these kinds of software for their games, like what they have been doing for ages now.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    UP100 said:

I don't understand how you can call developing random pieces of software for other games Codies' job. I think Codies' job is to allow these kinds of software for their games, like what they have been doing for ages now.

To a degree. But people have asked for actual in game telemetry for quite some time. We're talking about F1 after all. 

A lot of these are just timing tools with some useful information. 

What would be nice would be track analysis like you'd see in F1, Overlays versus team-mate, more realistic tyre model with telemetry where you could see if you are running too much/too little camber and overheating the inside or not generating enough heat, how much extra G can you generate in a specific turn for a given wing setup with just mechanical changes etc

The stuff from F1 that gets a nerd drooling but a casual can happily ignore. GT3 had some decemt stuff back in the day, and more recently PCars was also useful for setup work, although using a more advanced physics engine
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • oner7oner7 Member New Car Smell
    I have been waiting for that kind of app but you should give us a 30day free try period so we may decide to buy  it or not.
    What would be nice would be track analysis like you'd see in F1, Overlays versus team-mate, more realistic tyre model with telemetry where you could see if you are running too much/too little camber and overheating the inside or not generating enough heat, how much extra G can you generate in a specific turn for a given wing setup with just mechanical changes etc
    That's partially what our app allows :smile: We developed it just for this, to give access to the available physics parameters of the game to improve the setup and driving style. This is the first release and at the moment we have the core features, we plan new features in the future specifically tailored to the setup analysis.

oner7 said:
    I have been waiting for that kind of app but you should give us a 30day free try period so we may decide to buy  it or not.
    Unfortunately “free trial of In App Purchases” are not supported by mobile stores (there’s a similar feature only with Renewable Subscriptions). But I understand your point. We could look at this option in the future.
    Kafumanto said:
    That's partially what our app allows :smile: We developed it just for this, to give access to the available physics parameters of the game to improve the setup and driving style. This is the first release and at the moment we have the core features, we plan new features in the future specifically tailored to the setup analysis.
    Nice one. Would like them to put it in game assuming they have more parameters than what they can kick out to the apps. If your app is doing that I'd defo give it a try if they've actually given '18 a chance. 

• senna94f1senna94f1 Member New Car Smell
    Kafumanto said:

Sim Racing Telemetry is officially available! To download it:

Below a description of the current release with a couple of illustrative mages (please check the Notes section). It supports F1 2017 and F1 2016 on both PC and consoles (PS4, Xbox One).

I would like to thank the members of this community that helped during the development, testing the app and suggesting features and enhancements.

DESCRIPTION

Sim Racing Telemetry is the essential tool for the sim racing eSports community to quickly acquire, analyze and review detailed telemetry data from any sim racing game.

Telemetry is a key factor in eSports racing, allowing sim drivers to interpret data collected during a race or session and use them to properly tune their driving style and vehicle setup for optimum performance.

SRT is the right tool to improve the in-game performance of any sim racer, as real telemetry tools do for real drivers. It’s an indispensable tool to study and plan the setups for time-attacks, qualifications and races.

Sim Racing Telemetry records all available telemetry data and presents them on simple and intuitive interfaces: drivers can analyze data by looking at bare numbers, interactive charts or projected on a reconstructed track. Recorded sessions are also summarized with charts.

SUPPORTED GAMES

• Project Cars 2 (on PC, PS4, Xbox One);
    • F1 2017 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, macOS);
    • Project Cars (PC, PS4, Xbox One);
    • F1 2016 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, macOS).

Support for other games is under active development.

MAIN FEATURES

• access to all telemetry data produced by games;
    • data recording can run continuously: SRT will automatically detect new game sessions;
    • session view with per-lap information (positions, timings, tyre compound, pit-lane status, etc.)
    • laps comparison: compare the telemetry of two laps. All parameters available. A “time difference” (TDiff) chart is shown to get evidence of faster/slower sections.
    • interactive charts for all recorded parameters (select the parameters to plot, reorder them, zoom in/out, etc).
    • interactive tracks with overlaid telemetry data: see telemetry data plotted over a reconstructed track, with the ability to overlay multiple parameters together.
    • interactive track also supports laps comparison.
    • support for: scalar and vector data; per-vehicle and per-wheel data; physical quantities (velocity, temperature, time, pressure, etc.); several units of measure and their conversions (radians/degrees, meters/kilometers, kpa/psi, etc); output in metric and imperial units.

NOTES

• In-app purchases are required to activate the desired racing games support. To capture data, you must own a copy of the enabled games on a supported platform.
    • This is not a dashboard app and no dashboard features are present.
    • To record data, both your device and your PC/console must be connected to the same WiFi network.

All product names, logos, registered trademarks and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.

In no where on here have you put this app is £8.99 

You have basically scammed people into downloading your app and once it's fully installed it's completely useless because it's locked ,they are all locked unless you pay £8.99 for each of the items, ,

Sorry Pcars dash is half the price and at least you know u have to pay unlike your app , next time you promote your own business state clearly charges please ,if not it's also click bait,

senna94f1 said:
    Kafumanto said:

[...]

[...]

NOTES

In no where on here have you put this app is £8.99 

You have basically scammed people into downloading your app and once it's fully installed it's completely useless because it's locked ,they are all locked unless you pay £8.99 for each of the items, ,

Sorry Pcars dash is half the price and at least you know u have to pay unlike your app , next time you promote your own business state clearly charges please ,if not it's also click bait,

Hi. I wrote it in the notes and I clearly suggested to read them in my initial comment. It's like RSDash and PCars Dash does, how I did it differently? BTW "Scamming" is a quite offending... If it was not clear, could you suggest a better way to communicate it?
  • senna94f1senna94f1 Member New Car Smell
    You are right and I am wrong ,I will delete this straight away,I didn't see previous prices
    senna94f1 said:
    You are right and I am wrong ,I will delete this straight away,I didn't see previous prices
    No problem. BTW we are receiving a lot of complains for this on Google Play. Unfortunately I have no idea how to communicate that all products are locked, other that to write it clearly in the description... I'm really interested in suggestions :) 
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Petrol Head
    edited April 7
    @UP100

>I don't understand how you can call developing random pieces of software for other games Codies' job.

More detailed telemetry "ingame" has been requested for ages, but we never got it, no, hobby modders / indie devs / smaller companies etc. are building third party programs / apps that do the job that should have been in the main game from day one.

So on one hand we can be really grateful to the third party devs and fully support them but on the other hand Codemasters do indeed deserve the scrutiny they're getting for more or less being at a "stagnant" level in terms of actual "revolutionary" improvements.

Maybe Codies will get their game together this time, as they were floating in the stock market a couple of weeks ago, who knows, only time will tell.....
    Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • BRICKS44BRICKS44 Member New Car Smell
    Too expensive for something not proven, imo. 
    If you want to build support for the product, perhaps offer a few free licenses to the community and have a handful of the more active users who actually have the games (immediately rules me out) review it. 

Otherwise, 9 quid for each game specific unlocking of the app, with no testimony from trusted players, seems incredibly high.

Just for curiosity, assuming you are in Europe/US/similar, on which basis you consider it too expensive? (BTW - I know that there are places with big differences in purchasing power, so I'm excluding them now from this argument). What price would you consider appropriate, and - important - why?
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited April 10
    I'm in Europe. €4,99 euro's would be appropriate for me. Around the same amount I happily pay for a dashboard app since it's adding a lot of realism to my hobby. Telemetry will add the necessary data to improve further. Why this amount? Because it's closer to the pshycological amount that tends people to buy add ons like this. Over 10 euro's is too much. I agree with Fractured on this. He has a point.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

Max Verstappen

For 1 unlock for a specific game keep it reasonable. At £9 for for each specific unlock, if you have 3 games offered and I want to play them all that's £27 for a phone app? No thank you. Football Manager Mobile usually costs me between £4 and £8 and I play 100s and 100s of hours on that. 

Thanks for your comments! We'll surely discuss this points internally.
  • dwin20dwin20 Member Wheel Nut
    Are there any more screenshots than what is in the app store?