Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Rain, rain and... RAIN

BULLDOZORBULLDOZOR Member Unleaded
What's wrong with rain in F1 2017 ?? I mean I never seen so MUCH rain !!! I'm at my 6th season in career mode at Singapore and
Australia = wet qualifying
China = wet race
Bahrain = WOW DRY TRACK
Russia = wet race
Spain, = wet race (then dry up)
Monaco= start dry then gets wet
Baku = wet FP & quali
Silverstone = all session wet
Hungary = wet qualifying 
Spa = wet race
Normaly I like drive in rain but I realy get bored of this, mostly because AI are totaly bugged and slow in rain... I'm the only one with that ? The probability of rain is too BIG, it's so unrealistic

Edit : now Im at Abu Dhabi and guess what ? Wet quali at Singapore, wet race at Malaysia, wet FP at Japan and wet race at Brazil
Post edited by BULLDOZOR on

Comments

• AdamFreemanAdamFreeman Member Race Steward
    I keep saying an option for career weather wiuld be nuch better
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Champion
    I think you can count the wet races of the last three seasons on the fingers of one hand, so please make this more realistic. Like to see a wet race on the tely, but hate driving a wet race. Made me quite my career after too many wet races/sessions/whatever

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

Max Verstappen

• haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    Wow lol. IN my career mode I don't remember it being wet once. Although in my aor season we did get an awful lot of rain. Tbf tho it can be something quite hard to balance but as we can see form you here it is way too much. 
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Race Engineer
    I think you can count the wet races of the last three seasons on the fingers of one hand, so please make this more realistic. Like to see a wet race on the tely, but hate driving a wet race. Made me quite my career after too many wet races/sessions/whatever
    You can't base the propability of rain on the amount of wet races in a season. It can start raining any day in most places pretty much. You could have a lot of rainy sessions in real life, too, technically.

But you should adjust the chance for wet sessions to the amount of rainy days in the countries during the time of the year where the race weekends take place.
    Does your life have a TV-Cam? No, it doesn't.
  • pijinpijin Member Race Engineer
    I don’t understand, the only tracks where I see rain regularly are Silverstone, Canada, Malaysia. I mean COTA, Suzuka, Austria and a few others occasionally have rain, but I genuinely have just 3-5 wet quali/race sessions in a season.. that’s not that abnormal.. I do agree a setting for dry career should be made though..
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    Wet quali isn't that bad... or specifically wet quali 2 because it gives you the freedom to start on whatever dry tyre you want.
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Race Engineer
    Zachrulez said:
    Wet quali isn't that bad... or specifically wet quali 2 because it gives you the freedom to start on whatever dry tyre you want.
    I'd even go as far as to say that wet is easier. The AI isn't as strong in the wet as in dry conditions.
    Does your life have a TV-Cam? No, it doesn't.
  • antony311077antony311077 Member New Car Smell
    Everyone want a laugh in season 8 get to race day at Abu Dhabi guess what it’s bloody raining
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    pijin said:
    I don’t understand, the only tracks where I see rain regularly are Silverstone, Canada, Malaysia. I mean COTA, Suzuka, Austria and a few others occasionally have rain, but I genuinely have just 3-5 wet quali/race sessions in a season.. that’s not that abnormal.. I do agree a setting for dry career should be made though..
    Yeah that's the same with me as welI do get maybe 2 or 3 wet races a season when playing these games but not usually any more than that.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• Dboyking1Dboyking1 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    edited April 15
    You should expect Britain to have an all wet weekend.

"I've always believed you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Micheal Schumacher

#KeepFightingMicheal

• BULLDOZORBULLDOZOR Member Unleaded
    Dboyking1 said:
    You should expect Britain to have an all wet weekend.
    but not for 16 races out of 21
  • YoRooXYoRooX Member New Car Smell
    I don't get why we are not allowed to change the weather settings in career. For me it feels like in every Race that isn't in the desert there is at least rain in one session, be it one of the trainings, qualy or race.
  • hyjalhyjal Member Unleaded
    edited April 16
    That is how math works... There is always couple kids who complain about too many wet races.

As the weather system is random. Wouldn't it be possible that you were the guy who got the wet season. And vise versa someone who had only dry races. Most people got mixed season as they should.

Let me help you. Google word: random.
    Post edited by hyjal on
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    hyjal said:
    That is how math works... There is always couple kids who complain about too many wet races.

As the weather system is random. Wouldn't it be possible that you were the guy who got the wet season. And vise versa someone who had only dry races. Most people got mixed season as they should.

Let me help you. Google word: random.
    Perhaps you should Google "unrealistic". Way too many occurrences of this wet season you're on about.
    Dynamic weather would work so much better if the player had a slider for the frequency of the rain that was actually adjustable.
  • LEWISt17KIMILEWISt17KIMI Member Unleaded
    edited April 17
    Zachrulez said:
    Dynamic weather would work so much better if the player had a slider for the frequency of the rain that was actually adjustable.
    Totally agree. The game needs a slider, which is percentage based. By simple moving the slider to 19%, this would guarantee that the player, would experience 4 wet races randomly, when completing 21 event per season. To guarantee a more realistic experience, that's more in keeping with reality, most players would probably place the slider settings at 15%, which would mean, no more than 3 wet race per season.  
    Post edited by LEWISt17KIMI on
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    Zachrulez said:

A bit like on Euro truck?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Pit Crew
      I've started a number of career modes and this keeps happening. Hard to believe that it's just bad luck and not something coded into the game. It really doesn't rain THAT often in F1. Sure, there have been some seasons where the rain has appeared fairly frequently, but on average it probably only affects a few races per season. I'm lucky if half of my races in a season are unaffected and I've done a lot of seasons.
    haydn23 said:
    Zachrulez said:

A bit like on Euro truck?
    That's where I got the inspiration for the suggestion from.
  • daemundaemun Member Wheel Nut
    Rain is in fact terrible. Way too frequent and the handling when when you have zero feedback as to when the wheels are breaking traction make it obnoxious to drive in. For the life of me I cant imagine why CM continually make it mandatory and wont allow ppl to turn it off. I have yet to finish a single season simply because driving in the pouring rain is so unrealistic and terrible. All they want to so is show off their graphics so they ignore the fact that any real race would be redflagged with some of the conditions we get. Not to mention how terrible their wet handling model is and how poorly the ai are at matching the conditions.