Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Introducing the F1 Beta | Codemasters Blog

Comments

• senna94f1senna94f1 Member New Car Smell
    True ,but I remember 3 years ago talk of  the f1 game lasting 2 years and being updated every month to reflect  real time,

we we never got that and I was so excited , but in the end what we did get was a  new f1 every year, nothing wrong with that,

in assetto corsa on the consoles you probably have one of the finest Ferrari f1 dlc, it reflect battery and ers modes ,all the real modes identical as in real life f1, and that's assetto corsa f1 has been out over a year plus iracing have it also,
    so why can't we have in codies f1 2018 ,it's not new software and is a huge part of f1,

now I also think codies f1 games are top notch and brilliant but they do now need to up the stakes, which I am sure they will strive to do,
  • KingAVKingAV Member New Car Smell
    senna94f1 said:
    True ,but I remember 3 years ago talk of  the f1 game lasting 2 years and being updated every month to reflect  real time,

we we never got that and I was so excited , but in the end what we did get was a  new f1 every year, nothing wrong with that,

in assetto corsa on the consoles you probably have one of the finest Ferrari f1 dlc, it reflect battery and ers modes ,all the real modes identical as in real life f1, and that's assetto corsa f1 has been out over a year plus iracing have it also,
    so why can't we have in codies f1 2018 ,it's not new software and is a huge part of f1,

now I also think codies f1 games are top notch and brilliant but they do now need to up the stakes, which I am sure they will strive to do,
    1. Would love it too but from a business stand point it's better to release a new game every year. more $
    2. I'm not sure but I heard the Ferrari F1 cars in AC are underpowered, of course they have a lot of detail but the performance is not the same (not 100% sure about that tho); and those details probably could find their way into codies' games. But also you have to think that they aim to appeal to a very wide audience, many hardcore fans like you and I would love to have that stuff, but casual players (which I'm pretty sure make a big part of sales) wouldn't even be bothered to look at those features.
    Hopefully we'll get that stuff in the game though lol
  • Teeinemup21Teeinemup21 Member New Car Smell
    Gooood afternoon! Just wondering when will invites start being sent?
  • Timo1983RBRTimo1983RBR Member New Car Smell
    Vr support would be awesome in psVR. A fast sensation :)
  • thegreatdaneno1thegreatdaneno1 Member New Car Smell
    When are the invites coming out? I can't wait to spend the next months on the Paul Ricard Circuit non-stop!!!
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists - You are no longer a racing driver"
    Ayrton Senna

"If you go for a gap that no longer exists - You are LORD MALDONADO!!!"
    Any F1 fan with sense and a good enough memory to remember the good old days...
  • madottermadotter Member New Car Smell
    I cannot wait for the beta! I'm really looking forward to how the cars handle compared to last year!
    Subscribe to me you YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/madotter
    Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/_madotter
    Join in my Discord server: https://discord.gg/gtSBnpU
  • Heinz57Heinz57 Member New Car Smell
    Missed out on the last beta test so hoping for another chance... lets hope this version is just as good if not better than 2017 need to exercise the i7 8700 and 1080Ti a bit more :-)

madotter said:

I cannot wait for the beta! I'm really looking forward to how the cars handle compared to last year!

Oh my gosh I only just realised who this is

I subbed btw

Ayrton Senna

• senna94f1senna94f1 Member New Car Smell

madotter said:

I subbed btw

And who is this may I ask that's got you so excited,

i cant mwait for f1 2018 beta , it's getting close , I can almost taste it ,

senna94f1 said:

madotter said:

I subbed btw

And who is this may I ask that's got you so excited,

i cant mwait for f1 2018 beta , it's getting close , I can almost taste it ,

YouTuber Mad Otter. His channel is very underrated he is very good. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/madotter
    Ayrton Senna

• mic5824mic5824 Member New Car Smell
    How long do I have to wait? I hope i will get a key. I did not receive a key in 2017 :(
  • path1337path1337 Member Unleaded
    I sent my application twice, and the second one is the right one FYI. Is it a problem?
    AOR Season 15 Split 3 Driver + AOR 2x Race Winner
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    Heinz57 said:
    Missed out on the last beta test so hoping for another chance... lets hope this version is just as good if not better than 2017 need to exercise the i7 8700 and 1080Ti a bit more :-)
    How about a game that doesn’t cater to wallets and plays well on most PCs that still cost four or five times a console price rather than that of a real car?

Most have a 1060 according to the Steam survey and that’s about 3% of the market.

I would expect it to play well on that GPU with a respectable multi core CPU.

• IndyeahIndyeah Member New Car Smell
    I really hope I can live with the halo. An ingame option to visually disable it might be handy. 
  • TkozilekTkozilek Member New Car Smell
    I expect something extra like we had in the 1st F1 game of Codemasters, with interviews in the career mode.
    Add a test in the beginning of career mode to be selected by a team (no free selection).
  • geebeegoonergeebeegooner Member New Car Smell
    Hope I can get in on the beta.
    Tries nearly every year with no success :-(
  • Miro87Miro87 Member New Car Smell
    I hope they will improve physics and revise the external cameras which at the moment don't give any speed feeling at all. In this case I might start using them again. This being said, I'm going to buy and enjoy the new f1 game.
  • thomasb9572thomasb9572 Member New Car Smell
    How do I know my application has been submitted?
  • KingAVKingAV Member New Car Smell
    How do I know my application has been submitted?
    when you finish the survey it will be submitted and you'll get an email if accepted
  • Jgarv16Jgarv16 Member New Car Smell
    Cant wait for the beta and the new game!