Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

UP100UP100 Member Petrol Head
--------------------------------------------------Update 30/05/2018--------------------------------------------------
BETA EMAILS ARE BEING SENT! Check your spam folders and manually refresh your email software!

--------------------------------------------------Update 21/05/2018--------------------------------------------------
Message by jennyannem:
We haven't sent out invites out yet, we'll make sure we let you know when we're sending them out via the forums and social media. They won't be too long though!


--------------------------------------------------Update 16/04/2018--------------------------------------------------
Message by Faya:

Hi FMPItalia and everyone,

A big thank you to everyone that’s applied for the Beta so far! The Beta invites have not gone out yet. We’ve got a lot of applications to go through and process, as well as a few other bits to sort in the background.

When we do send them out, I will let you know. Thanks for your patience!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Discuss here about what you want. Are you excited for it or something? 'Cause a lot of people seem to be, even though I don't know why. Share the reason with me, if you want to. At least the forum is now active. When the sign-ups come, everyone just joins to try and get to the beta I guess.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the people who still haven't seen the news:
Blog post: http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/04/introducing-the-f1-beta/
Beta sign-up: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/F1BetaSignUp

FAQ:
Can I join the beta?
Probably. The application should have all the requirements.

How many testers will get accepted?
I don't believe this was specified anywhere this year. Last year it was 300 per platform.

When will we hear who got in?
Usually we know when Codies send the emails.

Should I get some kind of confirmation when I send the application?
You don't seem to get any kind of email at least. After sending the application, it should just say "Thanks" or something in the website.

Do we get a confirmation email when we send the application?
No you don't. The application was sent if you got some kind of "Thanks" shown in the surveymonkey website.

Ask questions below and I add them here with proper answers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I'll wish good luck for everyone who I think could benefit the game's development.
I'm sure if other news appears, someone else is quicker than me anyways.

Current Question: How long was your "Why do you want to be a part of the beta" text?
More questions can be asked in the comments, maybe I "highlight" one of them.


[Edit by Faya - Slightly altered the title] 









Post edited by UP100 on
«13456722

Comments

  • haitch40haitch40 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
     How long was your "Why do you want to be a part of the beta" text?

    Well based on previous years which I also participated in, I answered it like I was going for a job. Why should they pick me? What do I bring to make their game better that picking someone else won't achieve?
  • larryllarryl Member Co-Driver
    have we all missed this? Why isn't it a official threat?

    http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/04/introducing-the-f1-beta/

    F1-2017 Beta Tester - F1-2018 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T150 - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 Pro - No Assists
  • UP100UP100 Member Petrol Head
    larryl said:
    have we all missed this? Why isn't it a official threat?

    http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/04/introducing-the-f1-beta/
    That is not a thread in the forums. That is a blog post. I haven't missed that, in fact one of the links in this thread leads there.
  • mceci1mceci1 Member Pit Crew
    It would be nice of people could check first and see if there is a thread of their topic. Like this one, that way there is no need for anyone to put up 5000 threads that are the same. At the moment I come on to see if there is any news, but instead I have seen about 4  2018 beta threads and 7 what do you want in 2018 threads. It doesn't even take 5 minutes to have a look through the first 5-6 pages to see if the thread is there somewhere
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited April 12
    mceci1 said:
    It would be nice of people could check first and see if there is a thread of their topic. Like this one, that way there is no need for anyone to put up 5000 threads that are the same. At the moment I come on to see if there is any news, but instead I have seen about 4  2018 beta threads and 7 what do you want in 2018 threads. It doesn't even take 5 minutes to have a look through the first 5-6 pages to see if the thread is there somewhere

    But it's also up to the forum admins to merge double, triple, multiple threads. Not everyone is willing to look beyond the first page.
    Post edited by 1512marcel on

    If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

    1512Marcel

    If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

    Max Verstappen

  • larryllarryl Member Co-Driver
    UP100 said:
    larryl said:
    have we all missed this? Why isn't it a official threat?

    http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/04/introducing-the-f1-beta/
    That is not a thread in the forums. That is a blog post. I haven't missed that, in fact one of the links in this thread leads there.

    yeah i know mate, but in the past they made also an post on the forum on this.....
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - F1-2018 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T150 - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 Pro - No Assists
  • UP100UP100 Member Petrol Head
    larryl said:
    yeah i know mate, but in the past they made also an post on the forum on this.....
    Well I misunderstood you I guess...
  • FayaFaya Member admin

    Hi @UP100 and everyone!

    I’m going to declare this the Community Run F1 Beta Mega Thread for the F1 Games section of the forum. I am going to slightly alter the thread title, but other than that, leave it as it is.

    Everyone, please post your F1 Beta questions and comments to either this thread or the one in the Announcements forum

    Thanks all!

  • larryllarryl Member Co-Driver
    Faya said:

    Hi @UP100 and everyone!

    I’m going to declare this the Community Run F1 Beta Mega Thread for the F1 Games section of the forum. I am going to slightly alter the thread title, but other than that, leave it as it is.

    Everyone, please post your F1 Beta questions and comments to either this thread or the one in the Announcements forum

    Thanks all!


    awesome Faya, could you give us a slight hint of something we can expect in the beta or new game?
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - F1-2018 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T150 - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 Pro - No Assists
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Team Principal
    Will it be offline, online or both :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D        

    If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

    1512Marcel

    If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

    Max Verstappen

  • AcidBurn247AcidBurn247 Member New Car Smell
    Hoping they actually Test some Online Racing in this years Beta Testing
  • LopenskyLopensky Member Unleaded
    I really hope to be in the list of those who will test the online part, had the impression last year it was not tested enough :p
    Formula Italian Team - Driver & Staffer
    Formula Europe - Staffer

    F1 2018 Beta Tester

    Platform: PS4
    Games: F1 2016, F1 2017
    Wheel: T300 GTE & G29

  • baconbrawlerbaconbrawler Member Unleaded
    Are we supposed to get a confirmation email? I know they have our forum names in case but it seems a bit odd.
    The boy who lived after going through eau rouge with another player.

    Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That’s not my style.

    Steam: Apex
  • GuestyboiGuestyboi Member New Car Smell
    I have signed up for this year's beta if i get picked for this one, I can give the most feedback back to Codemasters to improve this year's game more I'm so excited to see what they have done so far this this version of the game fingers crossed right? :) I'm only doing the offline mode only through 

    I hope Codemasters give out the beta to the right people and I hope they don't try to spoil it like some did last year and we can give the feedback so they can get more content in F1 2018! 
  • cearp8858cearp8858 Member New Car Smell
    will codemasters use hours logged in game as part of the selection process?
    i personally have logged 325 hours in F1 2016 & 303 hours F1 2017 and counting 

    i hope i get picked
  • senna94f1senna94f1 Member New Car Smell
    I've been on here everyday checking for sign up of next beta , even Jenny has said soon ,,that link you shared was on here but it said the beta was for 2017 beta and not 2018 beta, 
    so any idea of what's going on here ,
    beta is normally announced in latest news and announcements on this forum , 
  • UP100UP100 Member Petrol Head
    senna94f1 said:
    I've been on here everyday checking for sign up of next beta , even Jenny has said soon ,,that link you shared was on here but it said the beta was for 2017 beta and not 2018 beta, 
    so any idea of what's going on here ,
    beta is normally announced in latest news and announcements on this forum , 
    I don't understand what you're talking about. All the links state F1 2018 to my knowledge. The beta was announced in the announcements category.
«13456722
This discussion has been closed.