Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 Chinese GP

2»

Comments

• JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    Red Bull are going for a 1-2 ahahaha what is this race
  • JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    Never mind. Cheers Max.                 
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    Grazie ragazzi, what a **** show.       
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • ilikefastilikefast Member Wheel Nut
    Max .  Why. Permanent depresssion. Just why
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    ilikefast said:
    Max .  Why. Permanent depresssion. Just why
    I let Lewis answer that one: https://streamable.com/vndze
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    edited April 15
    Disgraceful from Max again. At least what we know for the future is that if you're stuck behind someone and you have better tyres and enough laps, you can simply spin them, and then drive off into the distance and get a 10 second gap. The penalty isn't enough, and I bet Red Bull/Max defend it as well. Whilst last season I'd have said Max > Danny Ric, this season Ricciardo is head and shoulders the better driver so far. 

At least today proves Ferrari have the pace to win at tracks Mercedes normally dominate. Vettel did a superb job yet again until Ferrari threw the victory away on the pitstops - then of course they had to use Raikkonen as a mobile chicane, ruining his race in the process of trying to rescue a win. Ferrari need to sort it out on the strategy side, they've been dire for years, I come up with a better strategy with less data and first thing in the morning regularly, as I'm sure most people do. Why not just pit Kimi under the SC as well? He was last in a 6 horse race at a track where fresh tyres are huge, he may well have won the race on fresh softs. Totally baffling, only Ferrari could convert a 1-2 into a 3-8 with Vettel and Raikkonen at the wheel of the best car. 

On another note, Hulkenburg yet again beating Sainz is really positive for him. Perhaps putting himself in line for a top drive next season.

Edit: Fair play to Max, he did take full responsibility for it. Hopefully he learns from it. 

Post edited by AMS97KRR on
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Yet again Max drove like a idiot, seriously he's been terrible this season, whereas his team mate is showing him how it's done. Obviously it helped the guy I support, but that overtake was never on. I'm happy to see Ricciardo win though.
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    Max is a **** dumbass, seriously. Commentators and pundits may "not want to take it too hard on him" but as far as I'm concerned he deserves every bit of criticism he gets right now, he's had an appallingly bad start to the season. 

Great weekend from a performance perspective for Ferrari but a terrible terrible result. Huge opportunity missed. 

About the only silver lining is Hamilton had a pretty dismal weekend too and didn't take full advantage. 
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    I've always held the opinion, despite all the hype around Max, that Ricciardo is a better driver than Verstappen, and today showed exactly why.

You can blame Max's mistakes on inexperience, but this is his 4th season now, and it's his aggression that's costing him race wins now. He has such pure immense speed, but his mindset is costing him. 3rd time in 3 races now.

Max would've won that race today if he kept a calm and patient head. He needs to take a leaf out of Ricciardo's book.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    Classic Max. Still think he has a touch better raw pace but Daniel absolutely blows him out of the water in terms of race craft.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • BirkhoffBirkhoff Member New Car Smell
    I repeat that for two years Ricciardo would be from Mercedes or Ferrari with his eyes closed ... as it should be the first guide in RedBull ... but Verstappen is recommended ... Kvyat to do things like that was immediately torpedoed here instead nothing to four years while always seeing the same usual minchiate
    Xbox One S. Ferrari and Lakers fan . Also Naples, Ravens and Man Utd . Computer Engineer 
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion
    And now in English?

• BirkhoffBirkhoff Member New Car Smell
    edited April 15
    Yeah , I am on cell  :disappointed: Ricciardo deserves Ferrari or Mercedes ... Verstappen deserves to be fired
    Xbox One S. Ferrari and Lakers fan . Also Naples, Ravens and Man Utd . Computer Engineer 
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    OH MY GOSH!!! What the hell? Max is such a fricking idiot and like Lewis said a **** head x10. Max is on the same level of stupidity as Kyvat. Ferrari could have at least finished 3rd with Vettel and he could have taken the fight to Bottas at the end of the race and got passed him. At least Kimi regained the lost ground and I’m glad Lewis could not capitalize to much, he is still trailing by 9 points. Max needs to go back to school or something because he is terrible at racing around other cars or go join stupid NASCAR.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Classic Max. Still think he has a touch better raw pace but Daniel absolutely blows him out of the water in terms of race craft.
    Yeah I think Max is definitely quick and talented he just needs to engage his brain a bit more as he's just getting involved in too many accidents. Daniel on the other hand seems to know when he can make a move and when not too. He gets involved now and then in an incident and takes a risk but he certainly does it cleverer than Max Also he doesn't get involved in as many as Max

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• TJHTJH Member New Car Smell
    This Season will be exciting. I hope Verstappen gets a little more patient
  • inspiretheworldinspiretheworld Member Petrol Head
    He'll learn, he's young and adventurous.
    Hamilton on the other hand is in a clear huff because he hasn't got a quicker car then Ferrari. It happened in 2016 when Rosberg was doing better, he would go into baby mode and spit his dummy out and perform terrible. 
    Well done to Ricciardo. Amazing drive. 
    PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast
2»