Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Is this.....

LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Race Steward

.....possibly a "sign" that Codemasters will be making full use of their "official F1 licence" for the first time?

The first time in a long period of a series of ups and downs to finally get us the experience of the "official presentation" in this years F1 2018 game?

#OfficialityMatters

Post your thoughts below and have a good one mate.
Post edited by LilBrown47 on
Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
Tagged:

Comments

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    I don't get why they've used such terrible game footage, some really jumpy stuff lol

Am assuming this will run on 17 so should be interesting.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Race Steward
    @FRACTURED

Indeed, more footage of last years "E-Sports" racers for example would have been a better pick than the jumpy parts, but still am quite happy that they went out and used the right font and designs, lel.

#NukeHumanity
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    It intrigues me they still decided to use some terrible music, and didn't use the f1 theme tune either? 
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Race Steward
    @haydn23

Agreed, Brian Tylers new main F1 theme is one of the many  "must haves" in the F1 2018 game imho, especially in the race prebuild where Crofty is introducing the track and naming all the drivers gridposition etc. it really is amazing to listen to.

Hope that we'll get a more fulfilling and different type of soundtrack again.

#NukeHumanity
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Steward
    edited April 15
    haydn23 said:
    It intrigues me they still decided to use some terrible music, and didn't use the f1 theme tune either? 
    If you have not realised, the video is basically a shorter version of F1 Season Launch 2018 video with F1 2017 game. So the people who chose the terrible music was the F1 channel.

• haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    UP100 said:
    haydn23 said:
    If you have not realised, the video is basically a shorter version of F1 Season Launch 2018 video with F1 2017 game. So the people who chose the terrible music was the F1 channel.

Ah ok sorry I didn't realise that. Difference is tho is the music actually works with that footage it really did not work with that espots trailer. However, seeing that is pretty much a replica of what the official f1 channel did I would expect that maybe they may actually be able to make this game more 'official' I suppose you could say
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02