Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Best visor for F1 2018

loganfallonloganfallon Member New Car Smell

A imagem pode conter atividades ao ar livre

Comments

• ilikefastilikefast Member Unleaded
    Not sure about the sponsors on the top but otherwise it’s great
  • LightRacerSV5LightRacerSV5 Member New Car Smell
    I think the driver see only the color filter of the visor and the normal track and Codies can make a color filter (red , blue, green etc.) like in a sunglass, beacause that´s realistic.
  • Dboyking1Dboyking1 Member, Drivers Co-Driver

That looks very good man, I don't think the sponsors would work out due to licensing but otherwise very good concept.

"I've always believed you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Micheal Schumacher

#KeepFightingMicheal

• LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Race Steward
    edited April 14
    The helmet cam as a new feature is long due to be included into Codies F1 series.....

Realism in simulated environments is usually more powerful and convincing if the small bits and pieces are working flawlessly as a symphony.

------------------------------

PS: Imho the visor view from inside the helmet should be slightly more zoomed in so that the outer parts of the helmet are positioned further outwards.

Why?

Because if you wear a ("racing") helmet the view isn't as "obstructed" by the sides of the layered protectional soft tissue as seen in this pic.

Either way, a slider in the cam settings to adjust zoom levels could easily solve this problem.

PPS: If a helmet cam is hypothetically being implemented in F1 2018, a much better "look to apex" feature is a must have, VR would also greatly improve the experience.

Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Race Steward
    Dboyking1 said:

That looks very good man, I don't think the sponsors would work out due to licensing but otherwise very good concept.
    And why is that?

If the "teamsponsors" are already on the car and on the racing suit, why shouldn't it be visible on top of the helmet (or in this case inside the helmet on the visor)?

Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • CombatphilippeCombatphilippe Member Unleaded
    Believe me, as a driver you do not see those stickers at the top of the visor. Im a karting driver And have my own helmet, with a reasonably large visor sticker at the top, your eyes are So close that you dont see the sticker.
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    Also I think the sponsors need to be the other way around otherwise for the other 7.8 billion people in the world it'll be reading reueh gat
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02