Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

What would be a good idea for F1 2018?

What is for you important for F1 2018?

What would be a good idea for F1 2018? 55 votes

Day / Night Editor for every racetrack
7%
CavSTiagoLiveriesTheBestmatheusracerSnurdTacko 4 votes
New Modes (comment the idea)
10%
ChromaticMrGhostO1ODboyking1carpaJoeyGTX650RBBKessell20 6 votes
Interviews after the Quali and Race
52%
tarrantinoLGS469MaxSpiltzCLCYSpaniasMalarky94TheSevillista87SamReaNliveTOwinGioppinoYTm260602legakosbenclark0411GokuGamerZreece12378oliva97Nightfire1964FrankyPiBULLDOZORBrokenAlvesEpicPig 29 votes
Sponsor meetings in the career
0%
Test drives (before the season and in the season)
29%
WynterdustmantazzoSlimboDudeDesmond0313jimo161thombrouwer90marosimarkf1racerAYhaitch40lordnukerMaxBartle92NorthonMottaAkkan74DarkachersleepyCupcakeLightRacerSV5 16 votes

Comments

• pijinpijin Member Petrol Head
    edited April 14
    What would be nice for an evolution of career mode is if when all cars are fully upgraded, maybe have the difference between first and last be no more than like half a second- to 1 second. That way a strong quali in a Sauber could get you in the top 10 and a strong race could mean a podium or win. Or a poor race in a Merc could mean being outside the top 10. And this convergence should happen in like season 7 or 8.
  • TonyHamTonyHam Member New Car Smell
    Working weather/pit stops would be a good idea.
  • Dboyking1Dboyking1 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    What is for you important for F1 2018?
    Something like live track 3.0 like in project cars 2 would be nice.

"I've always believed you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Micheal Schumacher

#KeepFightingMicheal

• LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Co-Driver
    From what you have listed here:

"ALL OPTIONS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA FOR F1 2018"

But then again, we can't forget that there are a sheer endless list of ideas on this forum that deserve recognition and got ignored by Codies for "whatever reason" (whether out of pure ignorance, financial limitation or lack of talent, we won't know for certain unless someone from Codies clarifies of course) in the past for the most part seeing as most of the "really awesome" suggestions didn't make it into the F1 game series til now.

But who knows what they have got in petto for this season, only time will tell.....
    Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • FlynnsterFlynnster Member New Car Smell
    The interview should be brought back as it would be a great addition to the reputation system already in place. It would also add more immersion as you would actually feel like you are living in a real world and your choices make a difference to those around you. It would add a lot more to do off track which would mean there are more skills to master.
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

I'd vote for reliable functional quality at launch, but it's not on the list.

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's preposterous that consumers have to BEG game companies to simply make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of a paid professional tester. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games that reliably function properly at launch just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." A game's "success" is measured by how much it sells, not by how much it's played & enjoyed. They listen to money more than requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. #VoteWithYourWallet

• LightRacerSV5LightRacerSV5 Member New Car Smell
    A color filter like in a sunglass is very good for  the game too :) B) 
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    None of them specifically stands out for me 
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Race Engineer
    FRACTURED said:
    None of them specifically stands out for me 

Same. There's nothing major I particularly want for it other than for it to work.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • puolukkakiljupuolukkakilju Member New Car Smell
    edited April 15
    career mode, more information from team mate!! Track map and green and red color, which can see which driver is faster. Also good to see team mate settings!
    Post edited by puolukkakilju on
  • RBBKessell20RBBKessell20 Member New Car Smell
    test drives, interviews, and how about a career mode but you create a team instead of just a driver, you choose what engine to have, and who to sign to your team

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    career mode, more information from team mate!! Track map and green and red color, which can see which driver is faster. Also good to see team mate settings!
    All that info should be part of a better telemetry system
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • sleepyCupcakesleepyCupcake Member New Car Smell
    I like the idea with the interviews and test driving. That would be more realistic and we had that kind in a previous game, am I right? I´m not sure if that wrote someone before, but a multiplayer career mode would be awesome. The Season mode (multiplayer) is fun but you dont have any progress so its really hard to drive with a small team.

• Backpack25Backpack25 Member New Car Smell
    edited April 16
    All of them would be nice. Sidepod damage and rear damage would help too. Also, it would be nice to create a custom grid order. 
  • ChromaticChromatic Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited April 16

One thing I would like to see is a race start's from the pitlane just AFTER the start of a race after a penalty in qually (or a change in tyre pressures between qually and race)  while the other cars have started ON THE GRID

How many different racing lines will you take 

Originally Withyman on the old forum's 

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TBCFormulae 

Manor may be gone but the history they made lives on

• AvengerGR35AvengerGR35 Member New Car Smell
    I like these ideas. In my opinion CM should take NBA 2K as an example as it has very nice in depth Career Mode with interviews, sponsor meetings, players changing teams, post game press conferences which affect your relationship with others and your fanbase etc. Not to mention that it has "GM" mode where you become the general manager of a team and "League mode" where you can create your own custom teams with custom sponsors. CM should add features like these in F1 and they will make one of the best racing games. Too bad it won't happen though 
  • EpicPigEpicPig Member New Car Smell
    Night races are only available when the track has those floodlights, which is why only a few circuits have night race choices
  • JoeyGTX650JoeyGTX650 Member Unleaded
    Elimination race where every lap orso the one in last place get eliminated, 
    Cannot wait for F1 2017
  • CmdrCodyCmdrCody Member Unleaded
    I don't want gimmick features. I want the game to be highly polished at release. F1 2017's career mode was totally broken at launch when played at 50% or 25% race length (components wore down way too fast). And the multiplayer mode has lots of room for improvement - just look at GTSport's amazing ranking and matchmaking system.