Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Fuel

Not sure if its a bug or not but having raced in Bahrain yesterday on championship mode on 100% and being maxed out on the 105% fuel i wasnt able to use rich mode until the very last lap in which i went about 6 - 8 tenghts faster so with rich mode i had the pace so there is a problem here. Anyone with ideas or does  faya know about this problem.

Comments

• haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    What exactly do you mean you couldn't use rich? Do you mean you just didn't have any fuel in reserve or something?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    It was mentioned before the release of F1 2017 that 100% races usually use a bit more fuel than the fuel tank allows, so you'll most likely NEED to save fuel. One track I know was mentioned was Singapore, but Bahrain could also be it since it's a high fuel usage track.
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
    "First rule of Beta club is no talking about Beta club." - Faya, 2018

• blakeymikeyblakeymikey Member New Car Smell
    Yes i couldnt use it cos i didnt have the fuel available to use for a significant time. I used it on the last lap in which i went about 8ths quicker.
  • AvengerGR35AvengerGR35 Member New Car Smell
    Maybe your MGU-K was worn badly. If your MGU-K wear is at 75% and above then you won't be able to use Rich fuel mix
  • blakeymikeyblakeymikey Member New Car Smell
    No. Im playing championship mode at the moment.
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    Firstly, it's 105KG, not 105%. 105KG = 100%.

Secondly, some cars use more fuel initially than others, so it depends which team you are driving for.

Thirdly, some tracks are more prone to higher fuel usage than others. You're in for the surprise of your life once you get to Singapore. You start with -2 laps of fuel.
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    Yeah, the fuel upgrades are actually not useless in this game. Dunno how I feel about it simply being impossible to not put enough fuel in to finish a race without fuel saving though
  • TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Pit Crew
    Zachrulez said:
    Yeah, the fuel upgrades are actually not useless in this game. Dunno how I feel about it simply being impossible to not put enough fuel in to finish a race without fuel saving though
     Well, they're only allowed 105kg in real life (110 next year?), and I'm pretty sure that the general strategy for F1 teams is to underfuel their car, so it isn't too heavy to begin with. So they do their fair share of fuel saving.

I think it's kinda normal that you'd have to save fuel, especially in Singapore where even 105kg isn't enough....
    TAKIINOUE said:
    Zachrulez said:
     Well, they're only allowed 105kg in real life (110 next year?), and I'm pretty sure that the general strategy for F1 teams is to underfuel their car, so it isn't too heavy to begin with. So they do their fair share of fuel saving.

I think it's kinda normal that you'd have to save fuel, especially in Singapore where even 105kg isn't enough....
    Is there another race other than Singapore where you can't actually fuel the car to go the whole race? If there is I don't remember it. Singapore isn't particularly power dependent anyway.

Anyway if anyone is planning to run rich a lot you're going to need those fuel upgrades.
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    Zachrulez said:
    TAKIINOUE said:
    Zachrulez said:

Is there another race other than Singapore where you can't actually fuel the car to go the whole race? If there is I don't remember it. Singapore isn't particularly power dependent anyway.

Anyway if anyone is planning to run rich a lot you're going to need those fuel upgrades.
    It doesn't need to be a high power track to be high on fuel usage. 
    Ho3n3r said:
    It doesn't need to be a high power track to be high on fuel usage. 
    Wasn't commenting on power dependent correlating with fuel usage. My comment was more toward the fact that you shouldn't need to depend on rich mix all that much at Singapore because it's not a power track.
  • pijinpijin Member Race Engineer
    Pretty sure tracks like Canada actually require more than 105 kg to drive without fuel saving in real life. Remember the 2015 "lift and coast" grand prix there? That was 100 kg, admittedly, but with higher drag cars, I'm sure even with the additional fuel and the efficiency upgrades since then, they still will be like that.
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    edited April 19
    mantazzo said:
    It was mentioned before the release of F1 2017 that 100% races usually use a bit more fuel than the fuel tank allows, so you'll most likely NEED to save fuel. One track I know was mentioned was Singapore, but Bahrain could also be it since it's a high fuel usage track.
    the fuel limit was raised for the 2017 season assuming that change was actually modeled in the game. Also its up to how you drive the car as to how much fuel you use.

Xbox one, controller