Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Will F1 2018 have Onrush’s ‘4K or 60fps’ performance options?

stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Co-Driver
I know previous F1 games get a lot of complaints about screen tearing on consoles and was curious to read that Onrush will give players the option to choose between two performance modes, locked at 4K resolution or locked to 60fps reducing the resolution accordingly to keep the gameplay speeds up. 

As Onrush uses an updated version of Codemasters EGO game engine, what are the chances the upcoming F1 game could also make use of the same performance options? Would it finally ease the complaints of screen tearing on consoles for the F1 game series?

Comments

• haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    I think the ego engine is due an update really, and we need it I feel if we're going to make any big advances with this game. Idk about the chances of it actually happening tho
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Co-Driver
    haydn23 said:
    I think the ego engine is due an update really, and we need it I feel if we're going to make any big advances with this game. Idk about the chances of it actually happening tho

Very true. I know it can’t be easy with being tied to a yearly release schedule and there’s only so much they can do with such a limited time.

was watching the developer stream of Onrush earlier on and was really fascinated by them showing off the early prototype versions and being able to see how the game has progressed over two whole years.

i guess we won’t know much until Lee shows off some of the new game at E3 and talks about what has changed from last years version :)