Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

R.I.P

Sad day. Ive officially given up home on codemasters ever fulfilling the forums to back to the glory days. No more road books.  No mpre updates on Any thing. (That ive seen) game is at its end game for 90% of players to guess. And the future holds no hopes of Any thing ever being great again like it was in dirt rally. 

Well, it was a fun ride while it lasted. All great things must come to an end. 

Comments

• 88stix8888stix88 Member New Car Smell
    Agree, why do they not listen to there customers, and I have spoke to them on the phone asking/some times demanding more from them, but to no avail.
    Grab our money and run springs to mind, and probably my paranoia but since my complaining my game does not preform as it did, seems like I can not drive any more.
    Such a shame they could have a real winner if they allowed progression and after sales updates, more cars more stages more countries 
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Pit Crew
    Judging by all the silence lately I’m assuming CM must have something big going on in the pipeline behind the scenes. Whether it be WRC 8 or DiRT Rally 2.0, time will tell :)
  • SamRWDSamRWD Member Petrol Head
    The most sad thing is they encouraged us to keep feedback coming, I was very active in physics thread, spend lot's of time researching and replying only to by ignored completely in the end. Shame of you Codies, first you lied to us pre- release, then post release. This is how you ruin you reputation among certain group of customers.
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    When this game first came out, I was hoping and waiting to throw my wallet at them for dlc. But the game is way passed stale. If I do turn it on, its to do 1 or 2 stages makes in my r5 then its turned off. Sometimes I dont even make it passed 1 stage and grab something else. 

"forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
  • DytutDytut Member Team Principal
    To play devil's advocate... Last time we said we were working on stuff behind closed doors, everyone complained that the Road Books contained no real news. And now we're now we're not sharing those kinds of Road Books, you want them back? :P We can't talk about what's cooking at the moment, but something is! The feedback you're providing is all going to good use. Promise. 
    Have you left any of your extremely obscure and subtle hints anywhere? :-) 
    Many of the D4 hints were so hard to find that we didn't have a clue until you told us afterwards. Soooo... have we missed any for the next "something"?
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    I’m certain she has dropped hints somewhere. We just need to look closer
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    By the time you find them, it’ll be too L8 - lol
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    Correct. I've already started sowing those seeds. ;)
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Petrol Head
    Correct. I've already started sowing those seeds. ;)
    You've buried them well. All I can do is water the land and wait to see what grows out of it.
  • edgenzedgenz Member Race Steward
    A potential seed? Tunnock's were back sponsoring M-Sport in the WRC last year... https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/tunnocks-back-wrc-cars-wales-11370011

WRC confirmed?
    We also love tea and cakes in New Zealand. 
    We also have a massive primary industry in New Zealand, where lots of seeds are sown.
    We also are a land surrounded by water....
    tbtstt said:
    tbtstt said:
    Hang on, hang on. I might be going crazy here, so bear with me. What if, and bear with me here, what if we’ve been overlooking something? What if, and please bear with me, what if Christina has been leaving clues in the codemasters fruit reviews?

https://twitter.com/xtinamcf/status/976110299785912320?s=21 

But it what does it mean?
    Meanwhile, somewhere at Codemasters, @ChristinaMc is sitting at her desk laughing at the fact that the members of a forum are so desperate for news that they have resorted to dissecting an inane tweet about fruit.
    Inane?! HOW DARE YOU. 
    It's fruit @ChristinaMc. You should be tweeting about the big issues. Like tea, cake or burgers. 

#ItsAllAboutTheCarbs
    When I start tweeting about Tunnocks tea cakes, you know stuff's going down. ;)

Dirt Rally Liveries: <60s - 80s> <Group A - F2 Kit - R4> <2000 - 2010>
  • VandinghyVandinghy Member New Car Smell
    To play devil's advocate... Last time we said we were working on stuff behind closed doors, everyone complained that the Road Books contained no real news. And now we're now we're not sharing those kinds of Road Books, you want them back? :P We can't talk about what's cooking at the moment, but something is! The feedback you're providing is all going to good use. Promise. 
    Im excited for whats to come!
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    Putting the hammer down! Nice job. It seems like patients does not exist anymore. The long silence will only make it sweeter. I can’t wait see what you guys have cooking.
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    I wouldn’t want updates to DiRT 4.  Hopefully the guys have started with a clean sheet and ‘our feedback’.

Dirt Rally got me back to gaming, I’m gutted D4 didn’t go to plan.  I’m craving something good to play as iv done DiRT Rally to death now.

Whats in the oven guys?  Can we have a peek?? 
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    KevM said:
    I wouldn’t want updates to DiRT 4.  Hopefully the guys have started with a clean sheet and ‘our feedback’.

Dirt Rally got me back to gaming, I’m gutted D4 didn’t go to plan.  I’m craving something good to play as iv done DiRT Rally to death now.

Whats in the oven guys?  Can we have a peek?? 
    I still feel like D4 could've been updated to be more than it is. Even some post release map tiles to expand the stages and some tweaks in how they're generated would be good.