Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Marchants of Cheltenham Spa's Bus Crash: Optare Versa - YJ59 NNR (20/04/2018)

McStanleyMcStanley Member Unleaded
edited September 16 in Off-topic Discussion
On Friday 20th April 2018, just after 6:00pm, one Optare Versa bus (YJ59 NNR), from a local bus and coach company in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK; Called 'Marchants of Cheltenham Spa', caught a cyclist and went front first, into a house on the other side of the road. The damage to the bus is bad and is a real eye opener into how safe buses actually are, which proves they are not very safe.

The bus involved was purchased brand new in 2010, by a long gone small bus and coach company called 'Castleways', from Winchcombe, Gloucestershire, UK. They were put up for sale in 2014, with Marchants of Cheltenham Spa buying them, keeping the four buses and some of coaches. Now Marchants of Cheltenham Spa, only have three of the four buses in the fleet, that came from Castleways.

Please click on this link, to view images of the wrecked bus: https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/gallery/emergency-services-dealing-bus-crash-1484285.

McStanley
Post edited by McStanley on
A DiRT Games Fan

Comments

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    The poor bus company :( Whatever will they do now with just 3 buses?
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • McStanleyMcStanley Member Unleaded
    This bus has confirmed it will be scrapped.

Castleways owned four buses. They no longer exist. Marchants who bought the Castleways buses, own about 20 buses, well one less now, from this nasty crash.

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
    Oh, that is awful news.

My life isn't worth living now that they have lost that bus :(
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    It is awful. The fact I used to see YJ59 NNR, from when it was brand new, until 2013 travelling back and forth to school, makes it all the more sad for, that's life has ended this way. I wouldn't care if it was a bus that Castleways never owned, but because it one, that's why I am sad about this crash.

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
    edited October 23
    No, I haven't.

McStanley                 

Post edited by McStanley on
    A DiRT Games Fan
    edited April 24
    Marchants of Cheltenham Spa have reported that the driver of bus that crashed, is now at home, recovering from her ordeal. Appears that this crash has caused no deaths, which is surprising, due to the wreckage of the bus looked after it.

McStanley

A DiRT Games Fan
    That is genuinely good to hear, I'm glad she was ok.

The bus on the other hand.
    Yes, despite this being nasty crash, nobody has been killed from it; Apart from the bus, which is a complete write off.

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan