Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

New Speedometer Design (T-Cam)

LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Co-Driver

Slick and futuristic just as the new HUD, would be cool to have in the "officially licenced" F1 2018 game this year imho.

#OfficialityMatters

------------------------------

What is your opinion, do you like it or do you suggest a different design?

Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
Tagged:

Comments

• AdamFreemanAdamFreeman Member Co-Driver
    I hate it covers the view up even more. 
  • hyjalhyjal Member Unleaded
    I hate it covers the view up even more. 
    lol. You must be kid. There's nothing to see. lololololololololololo
    Joke aside, you can actually now see what they are doing, like back in the days when you had to swipe your eyes all over the place if you wanted to know how much throttle/ brake or any of those thing they were applying.
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Race Engineer
    That HUD would only really work as a replay function, or as an option. I love it when applied in the right scenario, however it is true it obstructs the view quite majorly and sometimes can get a bit annoying when applied in the wrong scenario.
    Other than that it is a really nice way to capitalise on the halo, and still apply the telemetry to the broadcast.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • UP100UP100 Member Pit Crew
    I don't really like it, it's too distracting as it takes tol much space above the halo and the always blue color can look bad with for example a red car. I'd like to see a version with the background color being almost the same as the team's color.
  • CatPower85CatPower85 Member New Car Smell
    We should only see what the driver sees  ! We are supposed to be racing as drivers not watching  tv
  • carpacarpa Member Petrol Head
    We should only see what the driver sees  ! We are supposed to be racing as drivers not watching  tv
    Playing with T-Cam doesn't help much with this idea, does it?
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
    carpa said:
    Playing with T-Cam doesn't help much with this idea, does it?
    You can't fix the stupid.
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Race Engineer
    T-Cam is the easiest, which is why it's the most used camera. 
    Does your life have a TV-Cam? No, it doesn't.
    T-Cam is the easiest, which is why it's the most used camera. 
    Easiest maybe. But I prefer it most, since it looks "good" whatever that means and gives the best racing experience for me. Driving with pad some reason it just feel the right thing to do. Back in the days 2015 and start of 2016 I used wheel and of course I drove from cockpit, since that's the way to do it. Driving with wheel and t- cam is just wrong, since I was slower driving from there than cockpit. And vice versa now when I drive with pad I'm faster using t- cam than cockpit.

I might be broken or something.
  • CatPower85CatPower85 Member New Car Smell
    T cam is definitely easier I feel but I prefer a realistic approach hence I use cockpit. F1 drivers dont sit in the T cam position do they
    T cam is definitely easier I feel but I prefer a realistic approach hence I use cockpit. F1 drivers dont sit in the T cam position do they
    Last time I checked yes they do, Vettel is good example. oh wait...
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    edited April 29
    F1 drivers also don't have such weird tunnel vision that they can barely see in their mirrors because they can't move their heads, but that's what cockpit view gives you (unless you're playing on a multi-screen setup).
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    F1 drivers also don't have such weird tunnel vision that they can barely see in their mirrors because they can't move their heads, but that's what cockpit view gives you (unless you're playing on a multi-screen setup).
    I turn my head all the time in the game to look at my mirrors and real drivers also need to turn their head to see the mirrors in real life. You can clearly see them having to do it. You have the wrong idea of how wide your vision is sitting in a open cockpit car. Sitting in these cars cockpit, your entire vision to your left and right is filled with the left and right front wheels. You cant see around them and in the current F1 cars case you cant see over them from the tires being so tall and you sitting so low. Combine that with the removable padded head rest thing on each side, and the Hans, Your vision is very much tunnel vision like 
    Xbox one, controller
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Co-Driver

Just a comparison how it could look like in the game.
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
  • EncarniaEncarnia Member, Drivers Co-Driver

A game doesn't have the same requirements for HUD that a tv had. For one on tv you are just watches. While in the game you are controlling the car. The new HUD the FIA uses looks nice. But while driving I prefer not to have the speed indicator being positioned in a place where it limits my view of the track (if driving in t-cam view).

Encarnia said:

A game doesn't have the same requirements for HUD that a tv had. For one on tv you are just watches. While in the game you are controlling the car. The new HUD the FIA uses looks nice. But while driving I prefer not to have the speed indicator being positioned in a place where it limits my view of the track (if driving in t-cam view).

Yeah those fool F1 drivers who have anything front of their vision in steering wheel.
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    edited April 30
    Encarnia said:

just pointing out it doesnt block any real amount of the track. 
    Xbox one, controller
    This guy cruises around and looks what's next to track. Let's go and buy minecraft for him.