Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Jeff I don't hear

Hi Guys
I have the F1 2017 game installed on my Mac Pro.
It runs very well and I would be very happy if I could still talk to Jeff.
When that game is started comes left in the corner below this message, (voice steering disabled)
Mien Mic is on and working. I listen to the motors and radio in the headphones. When you press the radio button, you see a small red chat box.

Best thanks for the help and greetings

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Race Steward
    Hi Guys
    I have the F1 2017 game installed on my Mac Pro.
    It runs very well and I would be very happy if I could still talk to Jeff.
    When that game is started comes left in the corner below this message, (voice steering disabled)
    Mien Mic is on and working. I listen to the motors and radio in the headphones. When you press the radio button, you see a small red chat box.

Best thanks for the help and greetings

Doesn't work very well if you have multiple sound devices. Set something as a system default and then select it in the in game options.

Can't do much more troubleshooting as I run Windows. Broken Kinect runtimes won't apply to you. If it loads some kind of speech libraries that could be it. Dunno if you can verify game files like on Steam (assume not). Reinstall the game I guess.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com 
  • dolphinnassdolphinnass Member New Car Smell
    How do you get pictures in here?
    New installation has brought nothing. I also tried different headsets. Also with clinker and USB port, always the same.

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Race Steward
    How do you get pictures in here?
    New installation has brought nothing. I also tried different headsets. Also with clinker and USB port, always the same.

Host them (pictures) remotely and paste a link (Dropbox, One Drive, Google Drive etc.)
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com 
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Unleaded

I use a Logitech headset. Important for me is to swing out the mic before i start the game. Windows need to recognize the mic first before game start. Otherwise i have no mic, but sounds on headphones.

Maybe ist a similar problem at your side.

• dolphinnassdolphinnass Member New Car Smell
    Thank you for your hints!
    Unfortunately, nothing has been done until now.
    I still got to the company feral and waiting for an answer.
    The support is trouble and is very friendly.
    Will describe the results here if I know more!

Best thanks to all and greetings dolphin_nass

• LSKoneLSKone Member Wheel Nut
    Maybe it was the latest patch? I don't hear Jeff since then too.
  • MrGhostO1OMrGhostO1O Member Co-Driver
    Before uninstalling/installing or adding any third party software to get it to work, try to enable your microphone manually on your headset.

I also had the same issue and figured out that if my microphone is raised vertically, therefore disabled, when starting the game then it will not work even when tilting it back horizontally to enable it. Always have your mic enabled in its horizontal position when starting the game.

If that does not work then try the other things.