Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 Grande Premio de Spain

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
I'm so **** off, just found out I need to be at some obligatory uni event on Sunday, 2-4pm.

THE **** COULDN'T HAVE TIMED IT ANY WORSE.
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

Comments

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    I've got a rehearsal on Sunday so I can't watch live either  :'(

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    Obligatory uni event? That's a new one :p In my experience of living under the unwritten student code, no event is truly "obligatory" more "optional" depending on the effects of the night before. 
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited May 10
    That was my brothers experience as well. Those uni bars are too hard to resist and then not yet drunk. Compared to a normal bar or pub the drinks were so cheap, id go to visit  him just to go to the bar lol.
  • JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    MBKF1 said:
    I'm so **** off, just found out I need to be at some obligatory uni event on Sunday, 2-4pm.

THE **** COULDN'T HAVE TIMED IT ANY WORSE.
    A price had to be paid eventually for the Monaco GP.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Well you're right Seb, nothing is truly obligatory at uni, but I'd be in some **** if I didn't go :p  And yes Jiggy, also true!!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    edited May 12
    So apparently those Ferrari mirrors will be forced off for the next race, I remember when a McLaren was a few mm too wide they were disqualified, so it's very generous that they can use them for this race.
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    edited May 12
    Ahhh, good ol' FIA, the killer of innovation.

I'll miss ya weird looking halo mirror winglets, together with the double decker diffuser and the blown diffuser and all the other banned stuff.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
    Small reminder that Barcelona is a trash track and I hope it gets removed off the calendar asap. I don't think it has ever delivered a good race. Only **** races with funny meme moments, like everybody but Schumacher drowning in 1996, Hakkinen suffering an engine breakdown in the last lap in 2001 and Mercedes self-destructing so that Mad Max could win his debut race for Red Bull in 2015.
    edited May 12
    Ahhh, good ol' FIA, the killer of innovation.

I'll miss ya weird looking halo mirror winglets, together with the double decker diffuser and the blown diffuser and all the other banned stuff.
    Pretty much all innovative things get banned these days. Go back to the 70s-80s and cars all looked so different and whacky. Even though I'm not a Ferrari  fan, I thought the idea was cool.
    Post edited by Hughesy on
    BOOM!

Max in third though, so maybe he'll wreck them so that Magnussen can get a meme win.
    VetteIfan said:
    Pirelli change tire construction under advice from Mercedes. Mercedes go 1-2.

*pretends to be shocked*
    FIA let Ferrari use illegal aerodynamic parts

*Pretends to be shocked*
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion
    Weird how as long as Merc were struggling with these unpredictable tyres everything was fine, but once that changes for one quali, it's a disaster. But don't worry, they will only use these modified tyres on like 3 circuits this season. For most of the season the italian tyre manufacturer will bring tyres which suit the most prestigious italian team more than anyone else.
    Weird how as long as Merc were struggling with these unpredictable tyres everything was fine, but once that changes for one quali, it's a disaster. But don't worry, they will only use these modified tyres on like 3 circuits this season. For most of the season the italian tyre manufacturer will bring tyres which suit the most prestigious italian team more than anyone else.
    I know you're not an idiot Dan but I'll point out the obvious that there is a bit of a difference between suiting tyres which were given to the teams before the season with no prior knowledge and suiting tyres which you specially suggested because you were munching through the old ones in pre-season. 

But sure, we'll go with the cast iron narrative that Pirelli want Ferrari to win cause they're Italian. Makes perfect sense. 

• GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion
    I was just giving you some of your own medicine, Seb. And surprise, surprise, you didn't like it.

Merc weren't the only ones blistering tyres in winter testing IIRC. Apart from that, I remember Pirelli saying that they would have changed the tyres with or without Mercedes's statements. To say that Pirelli specifically and exclusively made those changes to help Mercedes - as you seem to imply - seems like a bit of a stretch to me, if you take the previously mentioned facts into account.

Then again, I didn't hear you complain about Pirelli changing pressure guidelines routinely last season whenever Ferrari struggled on fridays... I guess you overlooked that, right?

Not like Pirelli and Mercedes ever pulled any shady **** in the past, right? What? Really? They did? No way!
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Remember when Pirelli changed the tyres back in 2013 and Vettel won 9 of the 10 races?
    Yeah, so do I.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

That was some ****, too. I mean, Ferrari wouldn't have been able to get the championship no matter what, but Nando and my boys would've at least gotten a few more victories. Probably.

edited May 12
    I was just giving you some of your own medicine, Seb. And surprise, surprise, you didn't like it.

Merc weren't the only ones blistering tyres in winter testing IIRC. Apart from that, I remember Pirelli saying that they would have changed the tyres with or without Mercedes's statements. To say that Pirelli specifically and exclusively made those changes to help Mercedes - as you seem to imply - seems like a bit of a stretch to me, if you take the previously mentioned facts into account.

Then again, I didn't hear you complain about Pirelli changing pressure guidelines routinely last season whenever Ferrari struggled on fridays... I guess you overlooked that, right?
    Mercedes were definatly the most prominent team that was blistering their tyres and the only big team doing so to such an extent (because let's be honest no-one cares if Sauber are killing their tyres). Even if Pirelli would've changed the tyres without Mercedes' "advice", it stemmed from the fact that the tyres on the Mercedes' were blistering. Imo that's a team issue, not a safety issue and that brings me on to the next point...

fIsince08 said:
    Remember when Pirelli changed the tyres back in 2013 and Vettel won 9 of the 10 races?
    Yeah, so do I.
    I've been waiting for someone to bring this up. That tyre change was brought about by 4 different cars' tyres exploding in the British GP at high speed (with several others receiving cuts) and a tyre carcass nearly hitting Alonso. That was an obvious safety issue amongst all cars and a reaction was necessary. You cannot compare that situation to this one.