Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Halo here to stay (at least in F1 2018) so.... #justsayin

Didn't think I'd hear myself saying it, but....

....might as well put all the HUD on there. If Liberty give zero ducks about it obscuring sponsors then neither should CM. Get on it.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/135886/f1-to-experiment-more-with-new-halo-tv-graphics
You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com 

Comments

• stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Co-Driver
    As much as everyone hated it at first, including most of the drivers themselves, you can’t get away from the fact that the halo is now part of the car and here to stay. 
    I think all of us want the F1 games to be as authentic as possible and therefore the future games have to have the halo to be true to the real sport. I’m sure we’ll all adjust to seeing it, the same as the drivers themselves have done. 
  • LejmeLejme Member New Car Smell

....might as well put all the HUD on there. If Liberty give zero ducks about it obscuring sponsors then neither should CM. Get on it.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/135886/f1-to-experiment-more-with-new-halo-tv-graphics
    Totally agree. Atleast it's good for something. ;) And hud actually looks good imo. There's a chance we finally get official graphics, thanks to halo.
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal

I have only seen it shown on cars that doesnt have sponsors showing on there halo but im not sure of that. Besides, covering a sponsor on the halo isnt the reason the halo must be shown in the game. The reason it must being shown in the game is because its a part of the car.
    Xbox one, controller
  • dfg15dfg15 Member New Car Smell
    edited May 13
    Funny how people say that because the halo is part of the sport it needs to be there.

But if you watch almost every qualifying session the drivers on quite a few corners have all 4 wheels off the track and its fine, look at Verstappen in Spain yesterday on last corner, you take that line in the game your DQ  and almost most cars on the final turn of Bahrain last month, especially Lewis  who thought that line gained him more time and in the race same all 4 wheels of track,  again if you do that in game you'd get DQ. 

Im not saying any of it is right,  I'm saying its funny that some people cry realism and ignore other real life stuff, I suppose its just like the people that say you should drive in cockpit view, yet on a flat 2d tv screen that is utterly pointless, as the depth perception, cramped fov etc is completely wrong. And the people that go against that view by saying t cam gives you a better view on a flat 2d tv screen and is also like the view that you see on tv. 

Im not taking any side, I'm just pointing out that everyone has strong contrasting opinions of what they think is 'right'
    The arguments of 'for and against' could go on for years about the game lol
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    edited May 13
    dfg15 said:
    Funny how people say that because the halo is part of the sport it needs to be there.

But if you watch almost every qualifying session the drivers on quite a few corners have all 4 wheels off the track and its fine, look at Verstappen in Spain yesterday on last corner, you take that line in the game your DQ  and almost most cars on the final turn of Bahrain last month, especially Lewis  who thought that line gained him more time and in the race same all 4 wheels of track,  again if you do that in game you'd get DQ. 

Im not saying any of it is right,  I'm saying its funny that some people cry realism and ignore other real life stuff, I suppose its just like the people that say you should drive in cockpit view, yet on a flat 2d tv screen that is utterly pointless, as the depth perception, cramped fov etc is completely wrong. And the people that go against that view by saying t cam gives you a better view on a flat 2d tv screen and is also like the view that you see on tv. 

Im not taking any side, I'm just pointing out that everyone has strong contrasting opinions of what they think is 'right'

Your second point is completely invalid because that is the whole concept of a **** computer game. It's to be played on a 2d or 3d screen. And it is completely personal preference. The game is designed to be like what you see on TV. It's designed to be a re-creation of real life. I've never understood the t-cam argument cause it's all personal preference, if it's there and you can use it and it will give you an advantage why wouldn't you use it?
    Track limits yes, but have you note seen what you can do at the last chicane of Barcelona LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • dfg15dfg15 Member New Car Smell
    edited May 13
    Thanks for the reply. I actually use t cam, I was just giving one of the opinions people always throw about that gets old. I agree with recreating what you see on tv that why I like it. 

• peterf1peterf1 Member Unleaded
    one thing I do like about the halo in the real game (of life) is that they are often showing graphics on it, the brakes in particular I find interesting. in previous years they'd show this on the screen along with accelerator, revs.
     sooo,, there is an opportunity here for codemasters (in theory) to show some hud graphics there. either additional info or to clear up the screen with existing huds.
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    dfg15 said:

well of course the halo needs to be there because its part of the sport. The whole licensing of the game and cars orbits around that very thing and why a game license system even exists for games. Also 99 percent of the time you see drivers going over the lines it hurts their lap not helps it.  
    Xbox one, controller
  • NesjamagNesjamag Member New Car Smell
    I really hope the game won't allow the HALO to be turned off or to be made transparent.
    I also hope it ruins T-cam view so people finally go with cockpit view.
    Imo esports should also force cockpit view.
    The racing experience should as authentic as possible.
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Team Principal
    Partly disagree with you. The Halo should be in, and probably will be in, but the player has to be free in deciding what he likes the best. Don't make this mandatory. For Esports however, I think you are right; this should be as authentic as possible.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

Max Verstappen

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Race Steward
    Nesjamag said:
    I really hope the game won't allow the HALO to be turned off or to be made transparent.
    I also hope it ruins T-cam view so people finally go with cockpit view.
    Imo esports should also force cockpit view.
    The racing experience should as authentic as possible.
    If we have to go cockpit then VR should be the answer to ‘remove’ the halo. FoV distance if set correctly would highly negate its presence, according to drivers. They say they don’t notice it too much already.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com