Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

"eSports ready" bug :D

Has never happened, and I believe it was caused because of a desynced laggy car in the lobby with a potato internet. I just send this in to make your day a little bit happier, I do not know if there would be any solution to this, its not common at all, so at no point I would like to tell down the game, because if somebody knows me he knows that I am in love, lol! :D 

Comments

• MrGhostO1OMrGhostO1O Member Pit Crew
    Welcome to Codemasters F1 2017 where you can be surprised by new bugs every day.
    Have fun.
  • marosimarkmarosimark Member Wheel Nut
    @DaniBereznay Unfortunately this bug was already reported by me half a year ago, seems they didn't care about it. The only difference was that I couldn't even continue the race. Check it out:
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/60170/stuck-on-pit-lane-online#latest
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Pit Crew
    Don’t usually follow the esports side of the game that much sadly but this GT Sport event really caught my eye the other day ... https://youtu.be/zIi807mwbds

absolutely blown away by how cool it all looks game-wise, and the whole presentation in general.  
    As much as I enjoy the F1 games, I just don’t feel that gripped by the whole esports thing unfortunately, and comparing it to how this event looks by comparison, it does seem Codemasters need to do a lot of work bringing the game up to the same level as the competition (something I have faith they can do in time :smile: )
  • ChromaticChromatic Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited May 14
    Has never happened, and I believe it was caused because of a desynced laggy car in the lobby with a potato internet. I just send this in to make your day a little bit happier, I do not know if there would be any solution to this, its not common at all, so at no point I would like to tell down the game, because if somebody knows me he knows that I am in love, lol! :D 

I wouldn't blame your internet even it was only 1mb. From what has been seen on their esports in 2017. You still get lag on a friggin LAN. 

How many different racing lines will you take 

Originally Withyman on the old forum's 

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TBCFormulae 

Manor may be gone but the history they made lives on

• Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited May 14

Nobody should fool themselves into thinking "eSports" is anything more than marketing. It exists only for brand exposure, and lots of companies/brands are still experimenting (& failing) at trying to capitalize on that. Just because some game companies might like to slap "eSports" labels on their games, that doesn't necessarily equate to better functional quality in the games they sell.

Post edited by Operator1 on

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's preposterous that consumers have to BEG game companies to simply make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of a paid professional tester. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games that reliably function properly at launch just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." A game's "success" is measured by how much it sells, not by how much it's played & enjoyed, so they listen to money more than requests & complaints, and they'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. #VoteWithYourWallet

• DaniBereznayDaniBereznay Member Unleaded
    With this comment I did not plan to criticize the game at all, I actually really really do enjoy it.  I think I have only met with 1-2 bugs so far, maybe I am lucky, but I play it properly and it works for me. 
    I was not raging, its just a fun thing, and if Codemasters can solve it I will be happier, if not, that not. The player who was desynced had a potato PC and internet tho... sooo :D 
    I believe this game has made massive imrpovements and on the right path! Much much better than anything before! 
  • DiscoDaveDiscoDave Member Wheel Nut
    "esports ready". Questionable
    "beta ready" probably better.