Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

MAKE HEADLINES IN F1™ 2018

FayaFaya Member admin
Hi all! You can also find a copy of this on our blog here.

The day you’ve all been waiting for has arrived, and we’ve got it here hot off the press! We’re very happy to announce F1™ 2018, the official videogame of the 2018 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP will release onto PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) worldwide on Friday 24th August 2018, the weekend of the FORMULA 1 2018 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX at the iconic Spa-Francorchamps Circuit.

We can’t wait to reveal more news on what’s to come, but in the meantime, we’ve got all the headline information on today’s announcement: “We were delighted by the reception that the highly-acclaimed F1 2017 game received, and are extremely excited to be able to further build on such a strong starting point with F1 2018” said Paul Jeal, F1 Franchise Director at Codemasters. “Over the past few years we have engaged heavily with our fan-base to understand what is important to them, and we cannot wait to unveil more details on features we know our fans will love. Career mode has been further expanded to immerse players even deeper into the world of F1 than before, with the return of a highly requested feature back into the franchise. We are also adding more classic cars, again listening to our fans as to which of the historical F1 cars they would most like to virtually drive next. Outside of those headline additions there are many other great enhancements to be revealed before the game launches.”

We’ve been very busy behind the scenes here at Codies, so here’s a little snippet of what we’ve been doing in the build up to announcing F1 2018 today:

#MakeHeadlines in F1 2018 – Behind The Scenes

We think you’ll agree that the 2018 season has started off in style, with victories for Scuderia Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel at both the Australian and Bahrain Grand Prix™, and then for Red Bull Racing’s Daniel Ricciardo in China. Lewis Hamilton then won a thrilling and dramatic race at the Baku City Circuit in Azerbaijan, and most recently he also won last weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix. You can relive all of this weekend’s racing action with the race highlights here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFjwSP4zUR8 

This year also sees the return of the French Grand Prix for the first time since 2008, at the Circuit Paul Ricard, which last hosted the French Grand Prix in 1990. The German Grand Prix also returns to the Championship after not featuring last year, with the Hockenheimring hosting the race in July, and we cannot wait to be driving on these in 2018’s cars!  F1 2018 will feature all of the official teams, the drivers and circuits of the 2018 season.

We’ll be giving you all the news here, so to get the first scoop on all things F1 2018, make sure you’re checking out the blog here, and following us on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.

Comments

• robin8frobin8f Member Wheel Nut
    Thanks for the announcement, looking forward to it as always! Hopefully more focus on online this year compared to career. Career is great in the 2017 game, now it's time to improve online, even more so with the esports.
  • LSKoneLSKone Member Wheel Nut
    More classic cars is a good thing. Still it can not be stressed enough, that it is not the Career mode which needs the most improvements...
  • FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    You know it's been a while since I've posted here and today of all days I decided to check in with the mind set of seeing some much overdue news about F1 2018, and it seems that someone read my find, cause, VOILA, here it is! I'm happy to see that at least the classic cars are returning to the game, especially the MP4/4 et al, because these cars should be a standard feature going forward. With a new F1 circuit to master this year and the new halo crowned cars, hey, what else can you ask for in this game?! (it's a rhetorical question...LOL).  Nice job Codemasters and looking forward to the game this year. 
    If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired us all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory!

"Gone in 60 Seconds"
  • JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Wheel Nut
    @Faya

Safety Car will be fixed in this F1 2018 game or will be broken another year???

Of course I will not buy the game until the last patch will be runned and fixed the most important esport issues that will be broken at the launch. Sorry, but 8 years buying the game at launch year after year is enough.
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Race Steward
    I know it probably doesn’t mean a lot but is anyone surprised there was no trailer video or sceeenshots from the upcoming game?  
    It seems that from the previous few games there was a lot more to show when the games got officially announced?

I'm sure there’ll be a lot more info incoming and we still have a good 3 months until the release date.
    I know it probably doesn’t mean a lot but is anyone surprised there was no trailer video or sceeenshots from the upcoming game?  
    It seems that from the previous few games there was a lot more to show when the games got officially announced?

I'm sure there’ll be a lot more info incoming and we still have a good 3 months until the release date.
    Which is exactly why I don't like announcements like this. Give out proper information or nothing.

You know that thing about first impressions? Well, F1 2018 didn't even attempt to make one. It's like it sneaked into the room, farted, left, and all we have is a little bit of stink. So, again, not a whole lot.

Hahaha. Couldn’t help but laugh.  I can only guess that Codemasters are holding back on more details for a bigger reveal a little later down the line :)
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer

Which is exactly why I don't like announcements like this. Give out proper information or nothing.

You know that thing about first impressions? Well, F1 2018 didn't even attempt to make one. It's like it sneaked into the room, farted, left, and all we have is a little bit of stink. So, again, not a whole lot.
    They simply officially anmounced what we already knew, that F1 2018 exists. That's really not enough to be honest. There isn't a single info about the game apart from one or two empty promises and press talk
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • martblokemartbloke Member Co-Driver
    So 3 months until launch and beta testing hasn't even begun? Bugs, bugs, bugs!
  • SeriouslySeriously Member Petrol Head
    edited May 15
    "Career mode has been further expanded to immerse players even deeper into the world of F1 than before, with the return of a highly requested feature back into the franchise."

Interviews and/or press conference etc. comeback!? I hope so.                                                
    Why so Serious?? - Youtuber with 9000+ subs
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCpGFqMUvjA3XYR47hsRzoQ
    F1 2017 Beta Tester
    F1 2018 Beta Tester

I don't care too much what happened in the past. I prefer to focus on what is coming next and I am really looking forward to it.

Simply racing a Formula 1 car is an achievement.

You can't change what happened. But you can still change what will happen.

• Razer12hopRazer12hop Member Pit Crew

Multiplayer will be broken like 2015, 2016 and 2017. This will be another scam game.

Something I really wish Codemasters would do, more to add variety more than anything else, is to allow the player to play the circuits backwards. I know they’re tied to the officially licensed circuits from the official calendar but surely being able to race the circuits backwards would make for a very interesting feature. 
    Of course it would have to be only in separate events or time trial but would definitely add a bit of variety to the official circuits. 
    Just imagine Spa backwards and coming down Eau Rouge flat out instead of up hill, or even Monaco in reverse ;) 
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    carpa said:

They simply officially anmounced what we already knew, that F1 2018 exists. That's really not enough to be honest. There isn't a single info about the game apart from one or two empty promises and press talk
    Indeed until they detail what it is that's been changed I'm staying on the fence.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• Dboyking1Dboyking1 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    TL;DR: More classic cars, 'some enhancements', 24th August release date

So, yeah. Not much happening here.
    Maybe to just break the ice a bit and stop the 12 year olds from repeatedly spamming when the release date will be on the forum.

Sure there's not a whole lot here and imo thats a little bad but at least we got a bit of news, and maybe this is a "tease" of something happening the next few days.

"I've always believed you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Micheal Schumacher

#KeepFightingMicheal