Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

MAKE HEADLINES IN F1™ 2018 | Codemasters Blog

CodiesBlogBotCodiesBlogBot Member, Codemasters, Drivers admin

imageMAKE HEADLINES IN F1™ 2018 | Codemasters Blog

MAKE HEADLINES IN F1™ 2018

Read the full story here

I am the Codies Blog bot, bringing you all the latest news from www.codiesblog.com. I am not human.

Comments

• RockhammerRockhammer Member New Car Smell
    "The day you’ve all been waiting for has arrived". What? The day I've been waiting for is the day we can get a working F1 game. And given the current state of F1 2017, which has seemingly been left with bugs and glitches that have been in the game since the beta, there is no reason for me to get F1 2018. Now it's one thing have bugs and glitches in a game, but the fact that Codies don't breathe a word about it to the general public and put their hands up and say 'oh well we've made a mistake here' is an utter disgrace. The Esports is a shambles, the event at Spain, you can literally take the old circuit and forget turns 14 and 15, and get no penalty or warning for it. And where are Codemasters? No where to be seen. No word uttered. It's horrific. It seems all you guys care about is the money, and don't care what the community have to say, because we have been completely ignored. The Safety Car which was pretty much fine on F1 2016, is now pretty broken in F1 2017 to a point where it can't even be used. Once again, Codemasters have said nothing. It's disgusting the way this company have treated the F1 community, publishing a game that clearly wasn't ready to be published, and then they went into silence until this "announcement". What a disgrace.
    ex-SRL, ex-PSGL and ex-AOR league racer | AOR Season 11 PS3 Champion
  • JuanEtxebJuanEtxeb Member New Car Smell
    edited May 15
    Another Codemasters racing game announced without VR support, another Codemasters racing game I'm ignoring. I'll keep playing DiRT Rally and Project CARS 2.
  • ThyBountyHunterThyBountyHunter Member New Car Smell

JuanEtxeb said:

Another Codemasters racing game announced without VR support, another Codemasters racing game I'm ignoring. I'll keep playing DiRT Rally and Project CARS 2.

I recall this same rant when 2017 was announced, the person however doesn't realize that with the lack of head movement and that the field of view is limited in real life, means that VR is pointless.

Depending on what this game is bringing I would hope the price reflects that, if the cars are the only major change and some thing may be tweaked I would hope for a low price. If the game has major changes all around then I would expect what I paid for 2017.

I recall this same rant when 2017 was announced, the person however doesn't realize that with the lack of head movement and that the field of view is limited in real life, means that VR is pointless.

Yeah, pointless lol, so you are saying that even with limited head movement, is better to watch a monitor than feeling inside the car, in a real 3D cockpit? Try a Formula car in Project CARS 2 in VR and you will know what I mean.
  • mic5824mic5824 Member New Car Smell
    I hope i will be part of the beta in F1 2018

• breezyskells22breezyskells22 Member Unleaded
    Have everyone forgot we get to race on Paul Ricard for the 1st time in ages if it has been in a F1 game before plus as we know also the Halo making its game debut
  • TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member New Car Smell
    Please please please include all circuits that Codemasters has had since 2010 and give the option of career mode altering the calendar 
  • conornaughtonconornaughton Member New Car Smell
    I can't wait 😁😁😁 I love '17  I just hope they improve damage to other parts of the car
  • ThyBountyHunterThyBountyHunter Member New Car Smell

JuanEtxeb said:

Yeah, pointless lol, so you are saying that even with limited head movement, is better to watch a monitor than feeling inside the car, in a real 3D cockpit? Try a Formula car in Project CARS 2 in VR and you will know what I mean.

I have done project cars 2, doesn't seem real. Having sat in a to scale and simulated F1 cockpit, too much movement.
  • F1ITACommunityF1ITACommunity Member Unleaded
    Good to hear!                           
  • Wede99Wede99 Member New Car Smell
    Will there be any VR support this year?
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited May 16

JuanEtxeb said:

It appears some game companies have weighed the options & decided they would not recoup the cost involved to build in VR support with enough sales from VR-using customers. In other words: the VR market isn't deemed profitable enough for some game companies to cater to. Game companies aren't going to spend money to build VR support into their games if they don't expect to make that money back (& then some). If VR was cheaper to develop for and/or if the VR customer base was larger, then I might guess there would be more games with VR support.

I'll say one thing though: although I'm not a VR user myself, I respect the dedication of the "no VR = no buy" crowd because at least they've got the fortitude to send a message to game companies by voting with their wallets... unlike the masses who complain about functional quality issues but still pre-order every year & perpetuate the cycle by funding more buggy releases.

Post edited by Operator1 on

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's preposterous that consumers have to BEG game companies to simply make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of a paid professional tester. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games that reliably function properly at launch just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." A game's "success" is measured by how much it sells, not by how much it's played & enjoyed, so they listen to money more than requests & complaints, and they'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. #VoteWithYourWallet

• nicolas16hwonicolas16hwo Member New Car Smell
    edited May 15
    I hope that they can make transfers in all the teams, to which I refer, that the other riders can also be transferred to other teams, I doubt that Kimi follows 10 seasons More, If not, why a career mode with 10 seasons?
  • ark13700ark13700 Member Wheel Nut
    Please make sure there are no serious bugs in this entry. I'll be waiting a few weeks before buying the game.

Operator1 said:
    Game companies aren't going to spend money to build VR support into their games if they don't expect to make that money back (& then some). If VR was cheaper to develop for and/or if the VR customer base was larger, then I might guess there would be more games with VR support.

As a developer, I can tell you that cockpit games are much easier to adapt for VR than other games. And if you consider that Codemasters already added VR support to Ego Engine for DiRT Rally, it's even easier for them. Simulation fans are slowly moving towards VR, but Codemasters doesn't want to follow them.
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Race Steward
    "the return of a highly requested feature back into the franchise"

Everyone seems to want VR, so I'll guess this will be splitscreen instead :-p
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Race Steward
    I can't wait 😁😁😁 I love '17  I just hope they improve damage to other parts of the car
    I agree, although they might be limited with the license at the very least, getting a puncture from another car's front wing should be added.
  • thegreatdaneno1thegreatdaneno1 Member New Car Smell

"the return of a highly requested feature back into the franchise"

Everyone seems to want VR, so I'll guess this will be splitscreen instead :-p

More likely to be interviews I Think "Make Headlines" etc
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists - You are no longer a racing driver"
    Ayrton Senna

"If you go for a gap that no longer exists - You are LORD MALDONADO!!!"
    Any F1 fan with sense and a good enough memory to remember the good old days...
  • Smu3l3ySmu3l3y Member New Car Smell

ok so 3 things 1 my suggested list of classic cars and additions 

1985 McLaren tag Porsche - (Alain Prost 1st title winning car)

1986 Lotus 98t- 

1987 Williams Honda -

1988 McLaren MP4/4

1990 Ferrari 641 - 

1990 Layton house Judd -
    1991 McLaren MP4/6
    1992 Williams FW14B

1993 McLaren Ford MP4/8  -

1994 Benneton Ford B194-
    1995 Ferrari 412 T2
    1996 Williams FW18
    1998 McLaren MP4-13

1999 Jordan Mugen Honda -
    2002 Ferrari F2002

2003 Williams BMW FW25-
    2004 Ferrari F2004

2005 McLaren MP4 20- 
    2006 Renault R26

2006 STR1 Cosworth - the last v10
    2007 Ferrari F2007
    2008 McLaren MP4-23

2009 Braun GP 001 - 
    2010 Red Bull RB6

Please could codemasters update the sound of the engines (in particular the Ferrari engine it has had a screamy whistle since 2016 but in the games it still sounds like 2015)

3 Please Please Please could codemasters fix the formation lap and safety car bug that has prevented our league from using the safety car bug in our online league  

• GeoffVanDamageGeoffVanDamage Member New Car Smell
    Get in, love the classic cars and the fact that it was more than an extra feature, it gives the player much more to do than just career or season mode, any word on classic tracks?