Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Legacy cars... Any legacy tracks?

Guiaterzero1Guiaterzero1 Member New Car Smell
We've had a few iterations of the game featuring legacy cars, and more are coming in 2018. 

Is there any hope of having legacy tracks added to the game?

India, Korea, Valencia, Turkey, Malaysia etc.

Even if only the tracks that have fallen away since 2010 when codemasters picked up the franchise. Having 25-30 tracks to pick from in GP mode would give the game so much more variety and nostalgia for racing on these tracks we don't see anymore.

Other games have multiple tracks and track layouts so it can't be a licence issue?

Comments

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    We've had a few iterations of the game featuring legacy cars, and more are coming in 2018. 

Is there any hope of having legacy tracks added to the game?

India, Korea, Valencia, Turkey, Malaysia etc.

Even if only the tracks that have fallen away since 2010 when codemasters picked up the franchise. Having 25-30 tracks to pick from in GP mode would give the game so much more variety and nostalgia for racing on these tracks we don't see anymore.

Other games have multiple tracks and track layouts so it can't be a licence issue?
    no but it can be a financial issue because they still would have to pay to have the rights to use those tracks in the game. Whereas the tracks that F1 already use they can have in the game for free technically. It just depends on whether CM can afford it. Especially as it's not just about just paying for the rights they'd also need to be built in the new engine admittedly Malaysia has already been built in it as it's only just been taken off the calendar but the others would need to be built though.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    edited May 16

It's a licence issue unless their terms have changed this year. Previously, their licence allowed them to use only the current season's tracks, cars and drivers in any given year, and anything else had to be separately licensed. 
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    bvicenzo said:
    It would be nice if we had very old traks as Nurburgring Green Hell, Interlagos (old track), Jacarepaguá, Zolder, Monza 70's, Monza 80's, Donington Park, Brands Hatch, Hockenheim 90's and etc...
    Yeash I'd love to race the old Hockenheim again. The only way I seem to be able to do that atm is on PCars.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• Smu3l3ySmu3l3y Member New Car Smell
    it probably wont happen but one can dream 

1985 McLaren tag Porsche - (Alain Prost 1st title winning car)

1986 Lotus 98t- 

1987 Williams Honda -

1988 McLaren MP4/4

1990 Ferrari 641 - 

1990 Layton house Judd -
    1991 McLaren MP4/6
    1992 Williams FW14B

1993 McLaren Ford MP4/8  -

1994 Benneton Ford B194-
    1995 Ferrari 412 T2
    1996 Williams FW18
    1998 McLaren MP4-13

1999 Jordan Mugen Honda -
    2002 Ferrari F2002

2003 Williams BMW FW25-
    2004 Ferrari F2004

2005 McLaren MP4 20- 
    2006 Renault R26

2006 STR1 Cosworth - the last v10
    2007 Ferrari F2007
    2008 McLaren MP4-23

2009 Braun GP 001 - 
    2010 Red Bull RB6

• haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    My dream list of new cars and tracks are:
    '75 Lotus                          Brands Hatch
    '90 Ferrari                        Magny Cours
    '94 Benneton                    Valencia
    '99 Jordan                        
    '03 Williams                      Estroil 
    '05 McLaren                      
    '09 Brawn
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • ChromaticChromatic Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    bvicenzo said:
    It would be nice if we had very old traks as Nurburgring Green Hell, Interlagos (old track), Jacarepaguá, Zolder, Monza 70's, Monza 80's, Donington Park, Brands Hatch, Hockenheim 90's and etc...
    Yeash I'd love to race the old Hockenheim again. The only way I seem to be able to do that atm is on PCars.

I'm in the same boat to play Adelaide I have to jump on toca race driver 3 every now and again 

How many different racing lines will you take 

Originally Withyman on the old forum's 

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TBCFormulae 

Manor may be gone but the history they made lives on

• LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Petrol Head
    As long as Indianapolis is not gonna be in the hypothetical 'legacy track pack', i'll be disappointed big time.

#Indy4Life

PS: Imho 'ALL' F1 tracks from the whole history of racing should be included slowly but steadily from year to year.

If they decided to do this as a DLC pack, it'd most definitely be profitable for them to the dislike of many customers, but that's sadly how the modern gaming industry has turned out to be.

PPS: Tbh, before any additional legacy tracks or legacy cars are being added to the roster, Codies should rather try to improve the already existing tracks and cars drastically, the tracks should be "laserscanned" and the cars should be modelled correctly inside out, otherwise it'll look off and taint the tag "officially licenced F1 product" very badly, lel.

(Also just a reminder, please don't go stealing other artists work without properly compensating nor crediting the person behind the effort once again, the Ferrari 2002 scandal will never be forgotten....)

Just my opinion.
    Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    bvicenzo said:
    Automobilista has several generations of Hockenheim: https://store.steampowered.com/app/644210/Legendary_Tracks_Part_3_Hockenheim/
  • boothy1243boothy1243 Member New Car Smell
    I don't mind the classic cars

Would be love to see Adelaide, Hockenheim full, Imola, Istanbul and Korea back though 

Alternative a race track creator would be cool if gave you sections of track from existing circuits to build your own although seems a stretch with their budget for games id imagine :) 
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    I don't mind the classic cars

Would be love to see Adelaide, Hockenheim full, Imola, Istanbul and Korea back though 

Alternative a race track creator would be cool if gave you sections of track from existing circuits to build your own although seems a stretch with their budget for games id imagine :) 
    Automobilista also has:

Adelaide (2 versions): https://store.steampowered.com/app/599810/Legendary_Tracks_Part_2_Adelaide/
    Imola (4 versions through history): https://store.steampowered.com/app/544260/Legendary_Tracks_Part_1_Imola/