Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Lighting issues on PS4

stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Pit Crew
@ChristinaMc
@Faya
@jennyannem
@F1Support

Firstly I just wanted to say that in wet conditions F1 2017 looks absolutely stunning from a visual point of view.  Plus there’s also moments during sunrise and sunset when again the visuals look very good indeed. 

My main problem is when the conditions are sunny in the game.  Not sure if it’s the same for Xbox and PC players, but for me there seems to be something very off with the lighting when the track conditions are sunny.

The vast majority of the time it seems that the lighting is so harsh that the track is barely visible where everything is so white and bright in appearance. Not only that but as a result it seems when the conditions are sunny it also drastically over-saturates the colours of everything, making the cars, characters and tracks very harsh in colour and contrast. 

What makss me believe it’s related to the lighting is because there are also moments in the game when it’s completely the opposite and conditions are so dark that it’s very difficult to see hardly anything, the track surface in particular. 
It just seems very strange because like I say when it’s raining in-game the visuals are breathtakingly good and very realistic in fact by comparison. 

I believe there were a few posts also mentioning the lighting issues back when F1 2017 was first released with complaints about the tracks being either too light or too dark at certain times. 

I know its too late for any more patches for F1 2017, but I hoped that by bringing this topic to your attention that the lighting issues might hopefully be addressed and tweaked for F1 2018. 

Edit:  here is a link to a previous thread from last year shortly after the games launch discussing the same issues ... http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/58086/too-dark-or-too-bright

Many thanks :smile:
Post edited by stephensmattlee on