Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Grally

Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Pit Crew
Anyone getting his "sim" today on Steam ? Thoughts? Ill be downloading when i get off work .
Seems like it has a good hope for future with moddability.

Comments

• KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    I'm a little concerned about the co-drivers through. They seemed really bored in that trailer
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • DytutDytut Member Champion
    Yep, I'm going to try it out tonight.   
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
                                                         Gameplay video on VR

• Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Pit Crew
    looks ok , ill try tonight to see if its any good :)
  • boganibogani Member Champion
                                                         Gameplay video on VR

Did they rip Nicky Grist's voice from a Codies game?!

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

Yep, and that's footage from last year too
    -Mario Andretti
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    £2.89 the price is amazing but kinda cautious cause its so low. tempting.
    thats a no brainer for any rally related stuff  for me 
  • Ha3aPHa3aP Member Unleaded
    Why car dont start? ((                               

lot of bugs , if you watch Sim Racing paddocks stream..........................almost unplayable after 8 years in the oven :(
  • DytutDytut Member Champion
    Did a quick test on my T300. Force feedback was.... weird. I had a really hard time figuring out what the car was doing. Tarmac physics seemed OK at first glance, gravel was incredibly strange and I had no idea what the car was doing. Also very little audio or graphical feedback, so there are very few cues about what's happening.

If they manage to get the force feedback to an acceptable level I'll give it another try and see how it feels, but for now it was just strange. If the engine is good and they have that level of modding support it might take off and be a great game in a year or so, but it has a long way to go.
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• fabzviifabzvii Member New Car Smell
    FWD physics on tarmac are amazing. FWD on Gravel is decent. Game runs good. Graphics are okay. Pacenotes are bad. They are way to late or just plain wrong.. Calls hairpin right when you are already driving out of it. Pacenotes are either to early or way to late. Reece dont work for me. FOV Settings reset sometimes. I havent tested RWD yet because it resets my settings all the time when i choose it and also want to wait for my new pedals. But i still enjoy it for 4 $. Lets see what the game will look like in 6 months

Honestly, I didn't like it at all. But considering the price I'm just gonna sit on it until it gets better. I see the potential in there and i want to support that
    -Mario Andretti
    so i fired it up , after a bit of fiddling i was able to play it .NOT without bugs ,so if you cringe $3.99 game with bugs ,dont do it.
    I just hope the modding/building community will take notice and the physics model is moddable.
    Right now , it drives ok ,nothing to write home about....................
    Th graphics are a bit of a disappointment ,so i really hope teams like Simtraxx will look at this .
  • SamRWDSamRWD Member Race Engineer
    edited May 23
    bogani said:
                                                         Gameplay video on VR

Did they rip Nicky Grist's voice from a Codies game?!

Dunno about that (for me it sounds like audio ripped from onboard, I remember using codriver audio pack for RBR that sounded awful like what you can hear in that gameplay), but whole pacenotes tech was supposedly "borrowed" from WorkerBee's pacenote plugin for RBR without permission. 

EDIT: BTW you can play with F keys to enable some settings menus etc.
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    Wait what's the name again???                          

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• DarhourDarhour Member Pit Crew
    edited June 13
    gfRally said:
    btw I really want you to re-upload a rallying video you made and once uploaded on vimeo. I remember it was edited with a song called Born to run by bruce springsteen. If you still have it of course, could you please upload on mediafire or something?
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    Darhour said:
    gfRally said:
    btw I really want you to re-upload a rallying video you made and once uploaded on vimeo. I remember it was edited with a song called Born to run by bruce springsteen. If you still have it of course, could you please upload on mediafire or something?

I will have to dig it up.. PM me in a few days 

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• DarhourDarhour Member Pit Crew
    gfRally said:
    Darhour said:
    gfRally said:

I will have to dig it up.. PM me in a few days 
    Certainly! Thank you so much!