Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 MBKF1 Monaco Grand Prix

Comments

• ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    What a borefest. Jewel in the crown my arse.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    Vandoorne chasing Ricciardo who is in the lead is the kind of stuff McLaren was dreaming about. Just ignore the part where he's a lap down.
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    I hate Monaco. I always will. Most overrated track together with Suzuka.

Also, Williams are pathetic.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
    Some say that somewhere in this world, Lance Stroll just came in to do another pitstop.
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Ricciardo had to work for that, deserved the win and has dominated all weekend. When Seb half spun I half celebrated but he managed to hold it the lucky bugger.
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Team Principal
    What a race Congrats to Ricciardo deserved that win.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

I hope @MBKF1 Is going to post lots of photos of his day at Monaco.
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    I really enjoyed that. Danny Ric was incredible.

@Hughesy I missed the Vettel half spin, is that why he dropped back so far after the VSC?
    edited May 2018
    Vettel proper squirted his juice into the princess of Monaco :trollface:

@RevolvingPrawn No it was after the restart, at the corner before the hairpin, he almost parked it where Rosberg went. It was a full on 4 wheel drift around the corner.
    Vettel popped off a bit prematurely, but no shame, it happens to the best of us apparently.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    That was actually a really good race! Brilliant drive from Ricciardo but I suspect he'll be getting a gearbox penalty at the next race.

Awful direction throughout though, you can tell it's not the FOM director.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

She looked a little bit annoyed about being sprayed lol. And that fake drink of the champagne (can't blame her though, I wouldn't have touched it either).

Oh right, yea I deffo missed that. I kinda saw him going slowly through there, but I was looking at Ricciardo and praying that Vandoorne didn't run into him at the hairpin.
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    Feel like Ferrari and Mercedes let Red Bull off the hook today. Two stop was the way to go, not sure Ricciardo would've held back cars going 3-4 seconds a lap quicker with low power. 

That said, I'm glad Ricciardo won because he deserved it. 

• couger1981couger1981 Member Team Principal
    I think both Vettel and Hamilton pushed to hard on the Ultras resulting in Vettal nearly spinning around at La Rascasse.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    I really enjoyed that. Danny Ric was incredible.

@Hughesy I missed the Vettel half spin, is that why he dropped back so far after the VSC?
    Yeah I agree got to say well done to Ricciardo keeping it together while his car was losing power. He deserved that win in the end.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    I hate Monaco. I always will. Most overrated track together with Suzuka.

Also, Williams are pathetic.

Yeah I'm not a fan of it either watching or racing it in game.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

edited May 2018
    The current team is a disgrace to the Williams name. When I was growing up they were the team, they had the best designers, best engineers and best drivers, now they have none of that. We all knew they were going to be rubbish with the current drivers, but the shockingly poor results aren't solely the drivers fault. They are just terrible.

Also McLaren, it's becoming very clear Honda weren't completely to blame for the lack of pace. Not sure what Alonso is going to do next year, but it's such a waste of talent, he should be fighting for championships. He's already out driving the cars pace, because Vandoorne  isn't a bad driver and is nowhere near as quick.
    Hughesy said:
    Also McLaren, it's becoming very clear Honda weren't completely to blame for the lack of pace. Not sure what Alonso is going to do next year, but it's such a waste of talent, he should be fighting for championships. He's already out driving the cars pace, because Vandoorne  isn't a bad driver and is nowhere near as quick.
    I'm hoping that Alonso ditches F1 next season to spearhead a full season of IndyCar for a new McLaren IndyCar team. That way if Norris wins the F2 championship he can jump straight in to the McLaren and get a couple seasons experience before either McLaren can get back to the front, or whichever teams are at the front sign him up. And it also means Alonso actually has a chance of winning a championship.
    Man I'd love that, it would also be a huge worldwide boost to the series.

• GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion
    Jiggy said:
    Vandoorne chasing Ricciardo who is in the lead is the kind of stuff McLaren was dreaming about. Just ignore the part where he's a lap down.
    It's the new nose, I'm telling ya!