Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 MBKF1 Monaco Grand Prix

13»

Comments

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Can't post much right now because I'm being charged for data for some silly reason (I thought it was included in my usual allowance), so posting from a cafe with WiFi.

But oh man, what a weekend. I'll write a full report when I'm back home at the weekend, but it was great. Brilliant grandstand view on Saturday of all the crashes at the swimming pool (Verstappen, Galael in F2), got a selfie with Felipe Massa by absolute fluke too.

Then yesterday having lunch and wine at the Café de Paris... AMAZING! Our friend who works there put our table right near the circuit too. Can't tell you how fortunate I feel.

Girlfriend enjoyed it too which is a bonus, she'd never watched F1 before but she loved it!

Photos to come soon I promise!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    I thought that Monaco was a pretty good race and that it was better then Spain. There were times during Monaco that I was actually a little bit nervous. Ricciardo defiantly deserved that win. Lets hope we can get back to some great action in Canada.

• ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    I must've suffered a stroke midway through the race, 'cos the people calling it a decent one is quite astonishing.
    Sure, Danny's engine problem was a headache, but only for a few laps. As soon as it was clear that it's not going to get worse, it was pretty clear who was going to win.
    Yeah, Seb was faster, so what? Kimi was quicker than Lewis, Bottas quicker than Kimi. This is Monaco. You can win the race in a **** Nissan Micra as long as you start on pole. It's an old, outdated track, and it has no place in a modern F1 calendar.

That being said, I have to admit, it was hilarious watching the Williams pair essentially disintegrate.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    Instead of getting rid of awesome classic tracks they should ax Monaco and put in a Grand Prix Cuircut. No more street cuircuts.
13»