Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Aircraft !

Lets hope 2018 sees those low flying airliners disappear. Virtually none are seen at GP's as depicted in the game so totally unrealistic and distracting I feel

Comments

• Jaden728Jaden728 Member Wheel Nut
    Would never have known they were in game till this thread, normally too focused on the race
  • mceci1mceci1 Member Pit Crew
    I don't think there is a need to remove it.
  • Sn0beastSn0beast Member New Car Smell
    I only noticed the shadow of one last weekend. I have no problem with it at all
  • VPnorfolkblueVPnorfolkblue Member New Car Smell
    I never really thought about it but I guess it depends on track location. I've only seen them at china, I assume that track might be close to an airfield?
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Champion
    It's distracting and I think that's the whole purpose for it to be in the game. See that in similar games as well. It should be removed because it doesn't add a single thing to the game.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

Max Verstappen

• CatPower85CatPower85 Member Unleaded
    Perhaps because i am an aviation enthusiast i notice them and get annoyed because you wouldn't see them at an actual race
  • inspiretheworldinspiretheworld Member Petrol Head
    Yeah, get rid of the silly aircraft.       
    PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast
  • pbrstreetgangktpbrstreetgangkt Member New Car Smell
    I don’t have any problem with the aircraft I’m focused on the apex, they are most notable at China and Brazil, both circuits are near airports, and im sure that if you were at those GP’s in person you would see multiple aircraft per hour as São Paulo and Beging are very large cities, so I think it’s a great touch by Codemasters.
  • inspiretheworldinspiretheworld Member Petrol Head
    Surely though due to the airspace being closed off for the camera helicopter and in case there is an emergency, you wouldn't see big aircraft flying over ? 
    PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast
    Absolutely correct ! I have been to many GP's and can conirm this
  • Fiore1213Fiore1213 Member Unleaded
    If wasn't this thread I would never knew there were airplanes in the game  :smiley: They should add dog fight :smiley:  

• TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Pit Crew
    Fiore1213 said:
    If wasn't this thread I would never knew there were airplanes in the game  :smiley: They should add dog fight :smiley:  

Haha nice one :D
  • Fiore1213Fiore1213 Member Unleaded
    TAKIINOUE said:
    Fiore1213 said:

Haha nice one :D
    I have many more ideas for a better distraction  :D  >:)
  • JaydenMHJaydenMH Member New Car Smell
    They should think about location relative to the tracks like mentioned above. Brazil and China are near airports so planes would make sense there. Also, take Monaco. I went to this years gp and there were helicopters everywhere out over the harbour and just off the coast! Another little touch of realism we might like...
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    edited June 10
    Well... As an Italian I'd love to see these kind of airplanes flying over the circuit

"I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Team Principal
    carpa said:
    Well... As an Italian I'd love to see these kind of airplanes flying over the circuit

They're the sort of planes I'd like to see but I think they already have something similar in the intor sequence anyway don't they?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    haydn23 said:
    carpa said:

They're the sort of planes I'd like to see but I think they already have something similar in the intor sequence anyway don't they?
    No, not really. I don't think they have any smoke on the circuit at all, not even the smoke on the grandstands coming from the crowds

"I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • thombrouwer90thombrouwer90 Member Co-Driver
    Surely though due to the airspace being closed off for the camera helicopter and in case there is an emergency, you wouldn't see big aircraft flying over ? 
    Wow exactly they should have the camera helicopter fly over during the sessions😱
    • Steering wheelThrustmaster T300 RS GT Wheel with F1 wheel add-on
    • SeatingPlaySeat Revolution (Black edition)
    • Attended Events: Abu Dhabi 2016 GP / Hungary 2017 GP / Barcelona Winter Testing 2018
    But the constant 'wap wap wap' of the rotors   is annoying at the GP so trust me you don't want it in the game
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Pit Crew
    At Abu Dhabi they fly overy ever lap the same places, I really don't see how they can be distracting though, I'd only want them gone if they affected performance quality, otherwise environmental additions are always a good plus.