Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Freezes every 10 seconds.

PiuxupaPiuxupa Member New Car Smell
Hello, as I stated on the title, whenever I try to play a race my fps goes from 100 to 0 (freezes) every 10-20 seconds. This drop only lasts for about 1 second but most of the times ruins my laps. This issue mainly affects me when I am playing CO-OP with my friend or any multiplayer session.

My PC:

*Windows 10 
*i5 7400 Quad Core
*GTX 1050Ti 4Gb 
*8 Gb RAM
*120 GB SSD
*1 TB HDD
*Asus Strix B250G Gaming

I think with a system like this I should be able to run the game pretty smoothly as my friend has a GTX 750 and he can run the game with the same quality as me with 60+ fps. I would appreciate any help at all. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Piuxupa on

Comments

• PiuxupaPiuxupa Member New Car Smell
    Can you give me any help with the problem guys??
  • kyrillos152kyrillos152 Member New Car Smell
    @Piuxupa

What graphics do you use? ( low-high-very high-ultra)?

• PiuxupaPiuxupa Member New Car Smell
    Mostly Ultra with some High and Medium definitions.
  • MrGhostO1OMrGhostO1O Member Co-Driver
    • Try verifying the integrity of the game files if you have not done so yet. To do that, right click on your game in your Steam Library and select Properties. Switch to the Local files tab and click on Verify integrity of game files... Steam should then start to check your game directory for missing or changed files. Once it is finished you can start F1 2017 again and check if the problem is still there.

• Try closing any other software running in the background while playing the game. Freezes like that usually occur when the either the CPU or RAM clocks 100% usage. In other words either your RAM or CPU may be overloaded. I suggest you keep an eye out on your task manager while playing, if you have a second monitor to put it on.

• It may also be a defective RAM. So it could be a hardware related issue.