Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Small Idea From MotoGP 18 for the F1 Games

In the new MotoGP game right above the minimap there is a text box the lists the number of the turn you are in and has the name of the turn if it has one as well. I just think that would be a pretty cool idea to implement into the F1 games so that the players of them can learn the circuits a little better, being that there is so many historic circuit turns. Just small details like that can go a long way.

Comments

• MikaTvBMikaTvB Member New Car Smell
    In the new MotoGP game right above the minimap there is a text box the lists the number of the turn you are in and has the name of the turn if it has one as well. I just think that would be a pretty cool idea to implement into the F1 games so that the players of them can learn the circuits a little better, being that there is so many historic circuit turns. Just small details like that can go a long way.
    Don’t think this is the best idea, the HUD is already filled. Maybe something for spectator mode in online or in replay mode
  • Reub09Reub09 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    I mean they introduced it in the IRL broadcast feed so possibly but I agree that there’s probably no space for it..
     #15 | PS4 | Irish | Red Bull | #blessed

• Fiore1213Fiore1213 Member Unleaded
    It's a nice idea, but I think as well that there isn't free space.
  • kyrillos152kyrillos152 Member New Car Smell
    Well it would be nice if in F1 game's we had the chance to begin from low category ( F4 or F3 ) and promote to better category season after season something they done in MotoGp
  • MikaTvBMikaTvB Member New Car Smell
    Well it would be nice if in F1 game's we had the chance to begin from low category ( F4 or F3 ) and promote to better category season after season something they done in MotoGp
    Could be possible but there are 2 problems.

1. Is licensing, they probably would never get licenses for F3, F2 and other categories.

2. The idea is just not realistic. If Codies can’t even have this years game bug/glitch free I wouldn’t want to see how bad it would be if they had such a big career mode.
  • vincenzo19vincenzo19 Member Wheel Nut
    Licensing shouldn't be a problem for this... they are all under the FIA umbrella. Though I also doubt codies ability to implement any other category into a game. They can barely get F1 right.

I've always thought the game should come with a career where you progress through the junior categories. Maybe not as far as karting (a la project cars) but certainly the official FIA categories. Lazy imo.
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Yep, I've been asking for an optional turn number/name display for years as well. Not holding my breath.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.