Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 Canadian Grand Prix

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
McLaren podium this weekend, calling it.
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

Comments

• GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    Meh. McLaren have been further away from a podium than I have been from dating Rita Ora these past years.
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    Meh. McLaren have been further away from a podium than I have been from dating Rita Ora these past years.
    Now now, this year's McLaren doesn't suck *that* much.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Hulkenberg hasn't had the best of luck this year his Renault seems to be off the pace compared to Sainz.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited June 9
    Why didn't F1 red flag the session so they could move the groundhog, it was sat watching for ages before it went on track. Not only did it cause the animal to die, it cost Haas money. They red flag for a small bit of tyre yet not for  pretty large animal.
    Mercedes is taking a gamble for using Hypersofts in FP3 when they only brought 5 sets for the weekend. As soon as Raikkonen set the fastest lap Bottas came out on Hypers.
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

Funny how McLaren always claim they have the best chassis, can't blame the engine now considering how slow they are compared to the other Renualt cars....
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    Great qualifying! Hammy was off the pace, but I will not complain about that. Glad Ferrari got the pole. Looking forward to the race tomorrow. I hope Verstappen doesn’t ruin the race by crashing into Bottas and Vettel. Please just stay out of the way Max, no one cares for your stupid driving.
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    McLaren's new nose-design doing wonders. Oh wait...
    Did Stroll figure out that using DRS doesn't inflate a tyre lol
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

Vettel is being typically German today, only his own car can lose him the race today.
    MCLAREN YOU LOSERS

Poor Nando deserves better.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
    Can't believe how dull this race has been, very unlike this track. Not because Vettel is clear, but nobody else is really fighting each other, more DRS zones and yet nobody is zooming past..
    **** race, good result for the Scuderia.

Leclerc definitely is the real deal. Can't wait to see him on red.

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    I've kept an eye on Leclerc for a while, he's fantastic.

They need to stop getting utter donuts of celebrities to do important parts of the race though...

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Well my McLaren podium prediction spectacularly failed lol. Was a bit of a long shot anyway!

Don't expect Alonso to be in F1 next year, especially after the last two races. He knows he's got no more chances at any wins, let alone championships. I expect he'll do a full IndyCar campaign next year.

Not a great race, but they can't all be classics. However, the gap between the top 3 teams and the rest is worryingly huge. I do hope Renault can close the gap in the next couple of years though. I like how Renault are being realistic with their return to winning ways though, they aren't promising immediate success like McLaren have the last 4 years. They're taking their time. I hope it pays off.

Great to see the top 3 teams so close now though, I hope it continues this way until the end of the season!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    fIsince08 said:
    I've kept an eye on Leclerc for a while, he's fantastic.
    You talk as if he's some driver that no-ones heard of before.

I think most people expected this with his rise through the ranks but my only concern was that he didn't follow the path of the other apparent life changing talents that have come in to F1 during the past 5 years.

Magnussen, Wehrlein, Vandoorne all fell in to irrelevancy or worse so quickly. Fortunately Leclerc doesn't look like he's following the same route and he's creating and holding attention on himself with his performances. 
  • JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    The only worry for me about Leclerc was that he was always in the best team in lower formulas and that a move to a team as disorganized and incompetent as Sauber would take him out of his comfort zone to say the least, so predicting how he would respond to a situation he hasn't been in before, was always going to be difficult.

However, Sauber since Alfa Romeo has improved and despite a rocky start (because he was slower than Ericsson at the start), Leclerc has adapted and improved exponentially quick to the point he's exceeding expectations. Ericsson is not even doing a bad job these days, but Leclerc is a regular challenger for points and that should make no sense in the Sauber. In comparison, Wehrlein could never shine in the Sauber like Leclerc is doing now. It depends on how much Sauber will progress, but Leclerc's form is basically telling us he should be in a better car and it might be Haas if one of their drivers keep **** up (Grosjean) or maybe he'll even straight up get a seat at Ferrari.
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    I'm really hoping Leclerc gets Grosjeans seat as well, looks like a real talent. 

Shame the race was boring, Canada has had some fantastic racing over the years, but yesterday you could have fallen asleep on lap 3 or 4 and not missed a thing.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |