Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Pit stops/practice starts in F1 2018

will there be any changes for F1 2018 to allow us to do practice pit stops and practice starts during /end of session as I feel that would increase the likelihood of actually doing the practice sessions

Comments

• K3VINLK3VINL Member New Car Smell
    edited June 11
    I do think this is a good idea, However I don’t feel like this will be implemented in to the game. I usually do Practice session 1 and 2 in career mode to get the maximum amount of R&D points, I rarely do Practice 3 and just skip it....however having practice starts would give me another reason to do them, some times I feel it can get a bit repetitive, boring and drawn out, however I do think if they allowed us to do practice race starts during practice sessions it would encourage more people to do them as it well help improve their race starts ( which is on of the most important part of a race)  as well as being a pretty cool feature.

Practice starts are done in real life where they line up on the grid after practice sessions so why not introduce it in the game? 
    Post edited by K3VINL on
  • Dez0808Dez0808 Member Pit Crew
    I think they have added new R&D programs. This maybe one of them 
  • SlimboDudeSlimboDude Member New Car Smell
    In my opinion it’s not needed in offline but in league races, if you have a practice session before and your doing a race simulation then you’ll want to fuel up for the whole race distance and test a strategy in practice. This is something I want but not nessessarily I’m career mode
  • kmw350kmw350 Member New Car Smell
    I'm all for adding any items of realism, and would definitely like to see practice pitstops & starts in offline / career mode.
  • cpayne32cpayne32 Member Unleaded
    Dez0808 said:
    I hope so because the current programs are just so boring after a few races
  • auroborosauroboros Member Wheel Nut
    This has been brought up before, suggested that it should be part of a practice program. Hope they considered and implemented it. It's missing without it.
  • Fiore1213Fiore1213 Member Unleaded
    This is a pretty good idea. Hopefully Codemasters could add some more indepth tutorials, not just short videos.A driving school, such section is present in almost all racing games.I'm sure it will help both the veteran and new players.
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Wheel Nut
    I would also like to have a practice mode. Now i‘m using time trial but you don‘t have the possibility to change tyres, fuel etc., so you can‘t make a long run for example. 
    An additional mode for practice with the possibility to have the track acclimatisation within would be perfect.  
    Another way would be to have in carreer mode as a simulation program from the team within the race weekends. Would be better as to end carreer, do time trial to get used to the track and proceed carreer. 
  • Dman944Dman944 Member New Car Smell
    I feel it is essential for practice in all phases. Much of the requests and complaints cater towards the experienced here and advanced features are great for those who can master them. However there is a number of new drivers here and the struggle to be at that level is hard, daunting in some cases. The best way to promote more drivers is by education, practice and a mode in which both can be accomplished. I would even suggest a GP 2 game for those new to Formula racing. Many speak of having good immersion, realistic experience and there is no better real life feature in where all have to start in a GP 2 like game, then move onto F1. ...Not to mention it is one more game CM could market!
    Retired club racer,so I took up Sim racing to fill the void. I can now enjoy Martini's while driving at break neck speeds and not care when I place P20!
  • MJB5990MJB5990 Member New Car Smell
    I'd definitely like to see a practice start feature. It should be one of the practice programs.
  • martblokemartbloke Member Co-Driver
    Dez0808 said:
    In all honesty I hope it's not! Can you imagine how boring doing practice starts or even pitstops as a practice program would be. I'd be done with those after Australia!

To implement both I think these need to be before the race i.e. allow us to drive out if the garage, to the end of the pit lane and do a practice start. Then allow us to drive around the track and back into the pits for either a practice pitstop (if these become manual of course) or another practice start - you could do this as many times as you like as it also helps recon the track and the weather as you continue. Once you're ready for the race, either a skip to race button in the start menu or you drive round the track to the grid (not entering the pits this time).
  • Fiore1213Fiore1213 Member Unleaded
    martbloke said:
    Dez0808 said:
    In all honesty I hope it's not! Can you imagine how boring doing practice starts or even pitstops as a practice program would be. I'd be done with those after Australia!

To implement both I think these need to be before the race i.e. allow us to drive out if the garage, to the end of the pit lane and do a practice start. Then allow us to drive around the track and back into the pits for either a practice pitstop (if these become manual of course) or another practice start - you could do this as many times as you like as it also helps recon the track and the weather as you continue. Once you're ready for the race, either a skip to race button in the start menu or you drive round the track to the grid (not entering the pits this time).
    Totally agree with you!As an official licensed product I don't believe they will be even allowed to implement something like this in the career's mode practice programs.In my imagination :D it should be a separate mode /career,championship,time trial, training etc./
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    cpayne32 said:
    Dez0808 said:
    I hope so because the current programs are just so boring after a few races
    Yeah, maybe they can add a few more and allow the team to set you some additional programs. All tracks could do with Acclimatization, Tyre wear and qualification runs, but would be nice if it could be mixed up with some pitstop practice, standing starts from pitlane, possibly something like the Ferrari / McLaren drivers giving each other a long range tow somewhere like Monza - I'm sure there are quite a few specific tests that would apply well to certain tracks.

Track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race, track acclimatization, tyre wear run, qualification run, qualifying, race gets very boring over 20-21 races. 

Add a few more to mix them up.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • patronaspatronas Member Wheel Nut
    I would love it to be more of a team game were at certain times in the practice sessions ur team tells u ur teammate is about to do a long run giving u the option to join him on ur long run programe then giving u the option to see his data and so on same for quali runs were every one goes out about the same time first practice is about car set ups aero and development but then 2nd practice is long runs were every one does it round about the same time and afterwards u can look at ur teammates data and do practice pit stops as an rnd take the tyre wear out as u get that in the long runs same as fuel programe u also get that in long runs replace that with practicce starts when coming out of pits and at end of one of the practice sessions on grid u can be someone who works with ur team mate or for your self to inprove the team and also ur team mate should start with an standard set up for every track which u start with and if ur set up is quicker than ur teammates he should be able to copy it also they should add mod support for consoles then have modding competition and so on and the best ones get put up on play store but should also have the options to buy the tokens of the store say enough to get the rnd prices down and reliability so if u dont want to play the long game which u are forced into with 2017 u can propel a team to the top if wanted to but it would be mint if we could get the practice provrammes as real life and see other teams data 
  • kmw350kmw350 Member New Car Smell
    edited June 12
    patronas said:
     and afterwards u can look at ur teammates data 
    I like this idea, being able to see your teammate's data (with the possiblity that they refuse to share it?) or choosing whether to share your data - this could also affect your rivalry and R and D scores in some way, and maybe your reputation when other teams are considering offering a drive.
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    I would love normal pitstops in practice too, if you simply wish to try a different compound without loosing so much momentum off track that would be awesome.
    Practice starts are a must! I have tried everything, different revs, power, I always drop back at the start off.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • hyjalhyjal Member Unleaded
    Last qualification I participated I said Jeff: "Hey Bono I have enough fuel for another lap so let's do race pitstop, since we're running out of time if we carry the car into pit".
    Guess what Bono said.
    Bono: "Okay, no."