Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Easy Mode option for Career Mode?

While I like the that engine management was implemented into F1 2017 to add the strategic uncertainties of F1, it can also be kind of a turn off. I know if I was a new player and new fan to Formula 1 and I saw that in the game I might not want to play career mode. So, what if there was an option to play an 'easy mode' in career mode that took out the engine management completely. So that new players, and even casual ones don't have to worry about parts and can just play. Just an idea I had 

Comments

• Fiore1213Fiore1213 Member Unleaded
    It's not a bad idea.It will generally help new players to be more comfortable.For instance only 22% of the Playstation 4 players have completed a full season.As long you can have a full brake assist,why not switching of the component wearing.
  • Nicko2012Nicko2012 Member New Car Smell
    I find it very difficult to manage component wearing on my PS4 controller - I think its a great idea don't get me wrong but as a casual player, I find the controller to be a negative in regards to throttle control which impacts wear and traction obviously
  • pijinpijin Member Race Engineer
    Yeah! Something like “arcade career”. As an option you can toggle each season would be great! Have parts selection, and maybe even development be automated/assisted. I personally wouldn’t use it, but I’m sure many new folks would love it.
  • pijinpijin Member Race Engineer
    Nicko2012 said:
    I find it very difficult to manage component wearing on my PS4 controller - I think its a great idea don't get me wrong but as a casual player, I find the controller to be a negative in regards to throttle control which impacts wear and traction obviously
    On Xbox, but how does the controller cause component wear? Maybe control electronics if you struggle to stay on the road.. The actual balance of things is that controller is better on traction and wheel is better on precision streering. Which components does your controller “wear” and how? not saying you’re wrong, but just curious
  • Nicko2012Nicko2012 Member New Car Smell
    @pijin I find it difficult where the trigger buttons do not represent true acceleration so will affect traction and engine revving which will impact wear and tear on the engine components.
  • OxWearingSocksOxWearingSocks Member New Car Smell
    Fiore1213 said:
    It's not a bad idea.It will generally help new players to be more comfortable.For instance only 22% of the Playstation 4 players have completed a full season.As long you can have a full brake assist,why not switching of the component wearing.
    That's a misleading stat (I assume from the trophy?). This number include people who borrowed the game for the night, or played with friends on a night in. I have FIFA 17 linked to my PS account - I played for 20mins when a mate brought it round for a few "co-op" matches and I have no trophies but will count to the full player base. The fact that the season is so long with no option to skip practice sessions from the main laptop over view is also a big contributing factor.

But that aside, it's a fair point. The engine reliability is shocking in the first season. I was way put off when I was close to 50% energy wear after 2 races. I am an avid fan but it took me to play F1 2017 to understand how engine components work. How a non-fan, or a casual fan would figure that out is beyond me. Either have a slider to decide how much realism is desired (i.e. turn engine wear off), or something like an "auto mechanic" to handle putting appropriate engine parts in your car for you?
  • JK300602JK300602 Member New Car Smell
    There is Championships mode

• Body is 13 characters too short.
  • LubukillerLubukiller Member Unleaded
    JK300602 said:
    There is Championships mode

• Body is 13 characters too short.
    Yes, but there is no car R&D there, and no personal character. This idea is mainly for people who want to play career mode, but don't want to worry about the engine parts and penalties.