Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

First E3 Presentation & No Info about Online - I am worried

As you all know, F1 2017 was a big disappointment with the desync, bugs and safety car issues.

They have just had their first E3 presentation of the game and it looks and sounds REALLY good.
A lot of already known info for the career mode has been given to us from Lee Mather, however, apart from the fact that there will be a super license, there was nothing regarding online.
This really worries me because of the bad state of F1 2017.

I really hope they made improvements and useful additions like saveable replays, worn/fresh tyre icons for the race director, a minimap for the spectators with colored driver icons and colored indicators for the teams in results. A live timing table for exporting would also be awesome when spectating, so you do not have to go to the racedirector all the time. Just small little details like that can make the online gameplay just as immersive and fun as the career mode.

What are your thoughts of the first presentation?

Comments

• MrGhostO1OMrGhostO1O Member Co-Driver
    Well, looks like F1 2018 did get some color for the teams and minimaps.
    Awesome! :D 

Let's hope the rest will also be included.
  • f1fan0543f1fan0543 Member New Car Smell
    aslong as games stable online im happy last year was a nightmare bugs and trolls modders i stopped playing online completely and dropped out of league I've competed in for 3year. i just hope codies have fixed the crazy mario kart setups 1 11 wings etc  because f1 17 game turned into yoke.  
  • JR6492JR6492 Member Unleaded
    I’d like to have an equal car performance setting without having to create a lobby so you could practice different strategies, test tyre wear, setups and quali pace by yourself for league racing. 

Like the fact ERS is manual now though
  • robin8frobin8f Member Wheel Nut
    JR6492 said:
    I’d like to have an equal car performance setting without having to create a lobby so you could practice different strategies, test tyre wear, setups and quali pace by yourself for league racing. 

Yes THIS please!
    edited June 14
    f1fan0543 said:
    aslong as games stable online im happy last year was a nightmare bugs and trolls modders i stopped playing online completely and dropped out of league I've competed in for 3year. i just hope codies have fixed the crazy mario kart setups 1 11 wings etc  because f1 17 game turned into yoke.  
    Yeah hopefully online will be a lot more stable.

JR6492 said:

This would be fantastic. I also dislike the way it is handled in F1 2017. You have to make a lobby and can only do practice and qualifying but once the lobby progresses to the race your are kicked from it because there have to be at least two players in it. It really sucks if you want to practice the race alone for online.
  • JR6492JR6492 Member Unleaded
    f1fan0543 said:
    Yeah hopefully online will be a lot more stable.

JR6492 said:

This would be fantastic. I also dislike the way it is handled in F1 2017. You have to make a lobby and can only do practice and qualifying but once the lobby progresses to the race your are kicked from it because there have to be at least two players in it. It really sucks if you want to practice the race alone for online.
    Yeah I do that myself it’s pretty annoying. Usually after the practice session is when you start to get a rythm going. It would be nice to be able to do a mock race by yourself in changing conditions to get a good idea when the crossover point is too instead of waiting for drs to be disabled
  • hyjalhyjal Member Unleaded
    2018 will be the same as it has been so far. What do you think how long did they had to spent time to make new animation to hand over the tablet to the driver? Although I wouldn't be surprised if the tablet goes thru the halo.
    hyjal said:
    2018 will be the same as it has been so far. What do you think how long did they had to spent time to make new animation to hand over the tablet to the driver? Although I wouldn't be surprised if the tablet goes thru the halo.
    I don't think the animations have changed. The cars and tyres have the same width so a change would be unnecessary, however having different animations for different transitions would be cool and immersive. I just hope they at least added more animations for podium and crowd celebrations.