Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Steering wheel size & gloves model in F1 2018

TomskiPlTomskiPl Member Wheel Nut
Filally we have correct steering wheel size! New gloves looks wery good!

Comments

• kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    TomskiPl said:

I might be mistaken but that looks like two different FOV setting or at the very least different seat position settings that would make the wheel appear larger. 
    Xbox one, controller
  • Tunari89Tunari89 Member Wheel Nut
    kevinkirk said:
    TomskiPl said:
    I might be mistaken but that looks like two different FOV setting or at the very least different seat position settings that would make the wheel appear larger. 
    The steering wheels appear indeed to be slightly bigger, than before, but indeed. That's more of different FOV setting/seat position, that make it look bigger. That being said, it doesn't mean, that the steering wheel wouldn't be bigger.

I personally will make slight changes to the FOV anyways, to make it easier to see what's around me, and to see the mirrors better...
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    Tunari89 said:
    kevinkirk said:
    TomskiPl said:
    The steering wheels appear indeed to be slightly bigger, than before, but indeed. That's more of different FOV setting/seat position, that make it look bigger. That being said, it doesn't mean, that the steering wheel wouldn't be bigger.

I personally will make slight changes to the FOV anyways, to make it easier to see what's around me, and to see the mirrors better...

yea, I realize im wrong about that seeing how the bottom edge of the steering wheel stays in the same place in both photos. Unless your TV is the size of a movie screen, You are going to ruin your FOV trying to fit your mirrors on the tv screen. Just turn your head like the real drivers need to and check your mirrors. With a super wide FOV like that trying to fit the mirrors on the screen, corner entry will resemble trying to thread a needle hole.
    Xbox one, controller
  • Tunari89Tunari89 Member Wheel Nut
    kevinkirk said:
    Tunari89 said:
    kevinkirk said:
    TomskiPl said:

yea, I realize im wrong about that seeing how the bottom edge of the steering wheel stays in the same place in both photos. Unless your TV is the size of a movie screen, You are going to ruin your FOV trying to fit your mirrors on the tv screen. Just turn your head like the real drivers need to and check your mirrors. With a super wide FOV like that trying to fit the mirrors on the screen, corner entry will resemble trying to thread a needle hole.
    It's only for them to be seen with the function that makes the "head" of driver turn same way, as your steering wheel is turning, so small and insignificant change in FOV, that it's barely noticeable. That way I can actually see something from the mirrors. Plus I do adjust the mirrors corners slightly too, which has been possible to do in the last 2 games anyways... Mainly I use "look back" button to see what's directly behind me. 
    And, I just realized, it looks, like the camera positioning in the 2018 game is slightly lower, than it was on 2017 game...