Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

E3 Interview F1 2018 Footage with Lee Mather

Here's a link to the cut version of IGN's livestream for those that don't want to waste time searhing but rather want to get straight to business:

Quite interesting indeed imho.

This time we get the correct car details + glove designs, the front bar of the HALO supposedly gets a option to either be turned on or off but only in cockpit cam, lots of gameplay chnages which Aarava and Lee Mather thoroughly speak about in their videos respectively, the engine sounds seem to have been massively improved, track details + color saturation and lighting are much more realistic, tyres seem to look perfectly round shaped and have a more vibrant hue to them etc. etc. etc.

Sadly there seems to be no official HUD once again unfortunately, who knows maybe they will surprise us?!

------------------------------

PS: Here's the link to the original footage for those that do want to get the full video:

Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
Tagged:

Comments

• Joethe155Joethe155 Member Pit Crew
    Amazes me that there's people that still hope the official HUD, ever since F1 2010. CM's graphics do a good job and there's nothing the official ones wuld do any better.
  • BrokenAlvesBrokenAlves Member New Car Smell
    Are the tracks laser scanned? Because Austria looks amazing there !
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Race Steward
    Joethe155 said:
    Amazes me that there's people that still hope the official HUD, ever since F1 2010. CM's graphics do a good job and there's nothing the official ones wuld do any better.
    "OFFICIALY LICENCED F1 PRODUCT"

MotoGP / FIFA / PES / NASCAR / NFL / NBA / NHL / MBL etc., all these sports games make use of the official HUD as it improves immersion and realism tenfold, but Codies are immune to such a commitment?

Ridiculous.

PS: Codemasters could easily offer both the generic HUD and the official one in the game if they wanted to, the players could then choose which to take, but of course it's too much to ask i guess.....

#NukeHumanity
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Race Steward
    No info as of yet it seems, if they did laserscan the tracks, it'd be amazing!

#NukeHumanity
  • Cap10Cap10 Member Wheel Nut
    edited June 14
    more footage and info from the square enix E3 lee mather interview
    starts @ 1:20:50

• gabsn123gabsn123 Member New Car Smell
    had lee mather something sad about the damage model and pre season testing?
  • JoeLeeJoeLee Member New Car Smell
    Will Vettel’s gloves be black for game release as they are in real life??
  • gabsn123gabsn123 Member New Car Smell
    yes, it will be included

body is too short
  • Flazh92Flazh92 Member Pit Crew
    Wow... 8 years and still no official HUD..  I really don't get it why he even went there to just show some time trial gameplay and talk about stuff we already know.
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Co-Driver
    Found the Square Enix stream a lot more in-depth than the IGN one :smile:  
    Amazes me how different older tracks from previous games look this year, very fresh look to everything, it does look amazing. 
    In the SE one Lee has a go at the game playing on PS4 whilst being interviewed and having to contend with the lag caused by the recording setup which was quite funny.
    One thing that really caught my eye was not seeing any traces of screen tearing at all :smiley: (something that was still noticeable at the E3 presentation last year).

Okay I know the halo was always going to be less than ideal from the perspective of the games but I am very impressed with this years game from what I’ve seen of the streams. This definitely does seem to be shaping up to be the best F1 game we’ve seen so far.
    Spa looks a lot more realistic and also the overly high sloped chicanes from last year seem more tamed and realistic this year. Canada looks so stunning this year it almost looks like a completely different track. The wet weather looks incredible too.  
    Really curious to find out some more details of the classic cars now but know Codies are holding off on them until we get closer to the release :smile:
  • JupiterJoeJupiterJoe Member Pit Crew
    edited June 14
    Yes it looks great, but if it has fundemental flaws, like the Safety-car and mulitplayer issues of previous years, then what? 

I guess the people who drive like it's Super Mario Kart, with all assists and T-Cam view won't mind about that.  They're only interested in superficiality anyway.
    PC...but not politically correct.
  • martblokemartbloke Member Pit Crew
    Was funny to see the game crash in the Square Enix interview. Yes I know it's an early build but still....things don't change! Lol
  • robin8frobin8f Member Unleaded
    No they definitely aren't laser scanned. Austria was resurfaced in 2016 but it hasn't even been updated in the game, with still the old tarmac. The kerbs are also not updated, just like it's the case every year with Codemasters. From Mexico i could also already see that they haven't updated the kerbs (no sausage kerbs at turn turn 1 & 2 for example). It's really a massive shame that every year the circuits are so outdated on the F1 games, you'd expect the F1 games to be an accurate reflection of real life F1 but unfortunately that is not the case.
  • Ujhelyi91Ujhelyi91 Member Wheel Nut
    Joethe155 said:
    I agree. I was looking forward to an official HUD years ago and while it was good while you were watching, the CM interface isn't intrusive at all while driving.
  • robin8frobin8f Member Unleaded
    Ujhelyi91 said:
    Joethe155 said:
    I agree. I was looking forward to an official HUD years ago and while it was good while you were watching, the CM interface isn't intrusive at all while driving.
    Yep. I would like to see some improvements to the spectator mode though, such as showing whether a driver is going green, purple or yellow in each sector during qualifying, like they do in real life. They should also implement the mini map (including the great new addition that each car/dot is now coloured) in spectator mode.
  • MrCosta96MrCosta96 Member Unleaded
    edited June 14
    The lack of information about online stability worries me, especially with what Beta testers have been saying.
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    Codemasters don't use the official hub because by using their own graphics they have greater flexibility. I'm sure this is what was said. Clearly they feel that the best experience they can offer requires their own graphics, which function perfectly well and have done since 2010. 

Why does it matter anyway, surely the racing and the driving is the important part? 

They showed some good stuff off at e3 and it sounds like the career mode has made some positive strides and yet we still get endless whining about non issues. The real issues are online and the safety car, not the HUD.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• HalukbayHalukbay Member Unleaded
    There was no news about teammate R&D bug. I hope this will get fixed in F1 2018. 
  • martblokemartbloke Member Pit Crew
    Halukbay said:
    There was no news about teammate R&D bug. I hope this will get fixed in F1 2018. 
    This is most likely the reason for why R&D now resets randomly in F1 2018, haha 😂

Nah on a serious note, from what I've heard on the new game it sounds epic (single player wise) however, I heard the same last year. No pre order from me and no buy until I know it's working OK once released. This is what you've done to me Codies!
  • dirt3joedirt3joe Member Petrol Head
    Joethe155 said:
    "OFFICIALY LICENCED F1 PRODUCT"

MotoGP / FIFA / PES / NASCAR / NFL / NBA / NHL / MBL etc., all these sports games make use of the official HUD as it improves immersion and realism tenfold, but Codies are immune to such a commitment?

Ridiculous.

PS: Codemasters could easily offer both the generic HUD and the official one in the game if they wanted to, the players could then choose which to take, but of course it's too much to ask i guess.....

Since an F1 race driver never sees the "official HUD" (which by the way is not a driver HUD but an audience information screen) while racing how can having the "official HUD" improve realism tenfold ?