Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 French Grand Prix

couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
edited June 23 in World of Motorsport
Welcome back to the French GP for the first time since 2008 at Magny-cours and 1990 at this years track Paul Ricard.

The talking point from both FP1 and FP2 has been the tail wind between turns 3 and 6, almost every driver has been spun around once they navigate the tight turns.

FP1 saw Ericsson's Sauber spin at high speed at turn 11 resulting in the car slamming into the tyre barrier then catching fire.

FP2 saw Perez's FI have a Left rear wheel failure at high speed going through turn 7 onto the Mistral straight, the left rear wheel just came off and rolled all the way down the straight before coming to stop near the chicane.
At the time it was suspected to be a wheel nut failure but the team later said it was the actually wheel/rim that failed.
Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
Member since 2011
RIP Bianchi
The Future is Now!

Comments

• JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    OH MY **** GOD CHARLES LECLERC TOOK A SAUBER TO Q3
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    I am done with Mclaren.                     
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    I know Ferrari don't sign young drivers to the team, but they really should sign Leclerc up for next season.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Hughesy said:
    I know Ferrari don't sign young drivers to the team, but they really should sign Leclerc up for next season.
    I'd argue Ferrari HAVE to sign Leclerc next season, otherwise they'll lose him to someone else.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

Good, he can come to Mercedes and I won't be forced to support Ferrari :joy:
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion
    I doubt Vettel will allow Leclerc to join Ferrari. Old and useless bottle-master Kimi will have to saddle up for yet another year.
    edited June 24
    That was fantastic  teamwork, by Bottas sticking right next to Vettel, Vettel couldn't get by and around Hamilton. Vettel locks up, he could get a penalty but that would be very harsh.
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Looked like Bottas turned into Vettel as he was on the racing line at the corner.
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

edited June 24
    No Vettel locked up which sent him into Bottas.
    Now confirmed, he has a 5 second penalty.
    edited June 24
    Disagree with that penalty, Mercedes doing dirty tactics if indeed Hamilton did slow down Vettel causing him to lockup.
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    I'm sick and currently taking cough syrup containing Codeine. You wouldn't believe how little I care about this trainwreck of a race.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
    Ricciardo needs to sign a piece of paper with a different team, it's easy to see their favoring Verstappen even if Horner downplays it.
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

edited June 24
    Disagree with that penalty, Mercedes doing dirty tactics if indeed Hamilton did slow down Vettel causing him to lockup.
    What did he do wrong? If not for the lock up there was plenty of room for Vettel to take the corner 

See exhibit A

With out the lockup there was loads of room...
    Not a good look for F1 with VSC ending half a lap before the finish they might lose more fans, like the Canadian GP the only action was on the first lap.
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

I'm sick and currently taking cough syrup containing Codeine. You wouldn't believe how little I care about this trainwreck of a race.
    Mix it with some Sprite bro.
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    Haven't got much of an opinion on the race but I **** love codeine.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
    Haven't got much of an opinion on the race but I **** love codeine.
    JUST DON'T OVERDO IT you don't want to end up like Pimp C or Lil Peep.
  • Gunnar20Gunnar20 Member Unleaded
    I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned the track itself, bordered by psychedelic red, blue and white patterning.........AWFUL!!  When Sky cameras panned away for a long shot, I thought someone was trying to hypnotise me......"You are feeling sleepy". I did fall asleep. :|