Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 It's Coming Home British Grand Prix

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
You've got to hold the multi-functional steering wheel
But press the buttons at the right time
You can be slow or fast
But you must get to the DRS detection point line
Max'll always hit you and hurt you
Defend and attack
There's only one way to beat him
and that's around the outside of Stowe corner
Catch me if you can
'Cause I'm the #blessed England man
And what you're looking at
Is the x4 world champion and x5 British Grand Prix winner
I ain't no hooligan
This is a terrible gag and awful excuse for a Formula 1 song
Three pointed star of Mercedes on my chest
I know we can't go wrong unless the power unit fails
We're racing for England {In-ger-land}
We're playing the team radio messages
We're singing for England {In-ger-land}
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

Comments

• DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    So Ferrari are determined to kill Mercedes Silverstone Magic. I hope they can accomplish that this weekend. FP2 looked promising. If Ferrari can put it on pole or start from the front row I think they will have a great shot at the win. Ferrari are also really good with tire management so that might play in their favor.
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    This deserves more appreciation :lol:               
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Stroll causing a red flag, don't need that when football starts at 3. Maybe he wanted to get the sesh started early.
    And people think he's a bad guy....

Already in the top ten, crazy, every overtake you can hear the cheers. Going to need a Mansell drive to get this done.
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Hughesy said:
    Already in the top ten, crazy, every overtake you can hear the cheers. Going to need a Mansell drive to get this done.
    Unlikely to be a win without a very lucky safety car, but you reckon possible 3rd or even 2nd? That's what I'm hoping for at least.
    3rd is what I'm hoping for with a race without a safety car.
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    Ffs, every turbo driver I pick has a string of bad luck. First Nando, now Leclerc.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    Here comes the safety car then. This is going to be interesting then.
    Grosjean is a **** muppet.                      
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    Scenes if Vettel's engine goes now.               
    Well those safety cars spiced it up. Wow if Hamilton finishes 2nd that it one amazing drive, driver of the day surely. Although I will say Vettel has done very well, a bad neck is bad at the best of times, but pulling 5Gs must be horrible.
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    That race was brilliant, those last 10 laps were proper nailbiters! I always want Hamilton to win at home, but 2nd after that first lap still feels like a win :)
    Those last few laps cost me a few years of my life. Best race of the season so far IMO.

Nice to see a driver actually admit his mistake.
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    England in a World Cup semi final and Vettel winning at Silverstone.  

I. am. dreaming. 

This was supposed to be the track where Mercedes tore Ferrari to shreds, and instead Ferrari have punched them in the mouth and stolen one. I accept they were very lucky with what happened to Hamilton who had a good chance at the win otherwise but man, for now I'm thrilled. As already mentioned, amazing last 10 laps too. 

I love sport. 
    Had to have a nice cold beer after that, whilst sat in my garden, the thermometer says it's 31c here, bonkers. Beer and sun go so well together. Once I'm finished melting myself I'll go back into my air conditioned room to re-freeze.
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    Awesome race!!! Well done to Vettel and Ferrari. Finally a win in Britain. Even without the first lap incident I think that would have still been Ferrari’s race.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    That was bloody incredible! In a rather last minute decision, my Dad decided he wanted to go and see the race (he hates the cold, and every time we go to Silverstone it seems to be windy and chilly), so he thought this was good a year as any weather wise to go and see it, so we got some late tickets for the Beckett's grandstand (which were actually so good, we could see T1, T3, T4, T5, Wellington straight, and then all of Maggots / Becketts / Chapel). He hasn't been to a Grand Prix since the 2008 British GP, so he's definitely seen two Silverstone classics!

The atmosphere in the stands was amazing. We were cheering Lewis on every lap, huge round of applause every time he made a pass, and there was an even bigger cheer when the Safety Car came out... we all knew the win was back on!

Just incredible, I was on the edge of my seat all the way through, and that was the fastest race I think I've ever watched, it just flew by!

Got some nice bits of video, might make a little compilation video for y'all soon.

Walked part of the track afterwards too. We tried to get near the pit wall but there were just so many people it was hopeless, so we called it a day and went home (after sitting in traffic getting out a field for an hour). But a brilliant day!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating