Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Virtual Reality

It would be great if the F1 2018 had virtual reality, to use the Samsung HMD Odyssey. Anyone know if F1 2018 will have virtual reality? Codemasters puts virtual reality please.

Comments

• armiguelarmiguel Member New Car Smell
    I will only buy F1 2018 if it has virtual reality. Project CARS 2 has formula cars and I can use virtual reality. F1 2018 is the same as F1 2016, 2017. The most important thing is to race in the circuits and in Project CARS 2 I can do this. F1 2018 and others ahead, only valid if it is with virtual reality.
  • bporionbporion Member New Car Smell
    if you have Assetto corsa just get the formula hybrid 2018 mod whit removable halo , get some f1 tracks and there you go 2018 f1 cars in vr ! 
  • martblokemartbloke Member Co-Driver
    armiguel said:
    I will only buy F1 2018 if it has virtual reality. Project CARS 2 has formula cars and I can use virtual reality. F1 2018 is the same as F1 2016, 2017. The most important thing is to race in the circuits and in Project CARS 2 I can do this. F1 2018 and others ahead, only valid if it is with virtual reality.
    Or do 1 better - work hard, get your super licence and become a racing driver if the most important thing is to "race in the circuits" as 1 would say! Validity of a game based on VR? That's interesting. Not a lot of games to choose from for you then I'd assume.
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    edited July 13
    armiguel said:
    Im not saying the game shouldnt have VR but project cars and assetto also has option features tv users can use to fix the issues caused by added VR. Features like a full range moving camera adjustments to fix the cockpit views that are not centered on the screen and so on. Those option features are not something this F1 games have. Another example of adding VR issues for TV users is the left of the screen VERY slightly doesnt match or line up with the left side of the screen as we see Pcars and Assetto. It isnt just as simple as adding VR. The cars and tracks needs to be modeled differently for VR and is why most of the cockpit views in Pcars and Assetto are not centered correctly on the tv screen.As mentioned a easy fix for tv uses with the camera options those games profide. Like i said, of course VR should be in this game but as of right now the game doesnt have to tools needed for both the VR user and regular TV users.
    Xbox one, controller
  • FrancisnfFrancisnf Member Unleaded
    kevinkirk said:
    armiguel said:
    Im not saying the game shouldnt have VR but project cars and assetto also has option features tv users can use to fix the issues caused by added VR. Features like a full range moving camera adjustments to fix the cockpit views that are not centered on the screen and so on. Those option features are not something this F1 games have. Another example of adding VR issues for TV users is the left of the screen VERY slightly doesnt match or line up with the left side of the screen as we see Pcars and Assetto. It isnt just as simple as adding VR. The cars and tracks needs to be modeled differently for VR and is why most of the cockpit views in Pcars and Assetto are not centered correctly on the tv screen.As mentioned a easy fix for tv uses with the camera options those games profide. Like i said, of course VR should be in this game but as of right now the game doesnt have to tools needed for both the VR user and regular TV users.
    What on earth are you going on about lol. You're just butt hurt you only have an Xbox.
  • bporionbporion Member New Car Smell
    Francisnf said:
    kevinkirk said:
    armiguel said:
    What on earth are you going on about lol. You're just butt hurt you only have an Xbox.
    no need for that , an opinion that is well worded is what we need to talk about this .  

• kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    edited July 13
    Francisnf said:
    kevinkirk said:
    armiguel said:
      Are you butthurt for having VR and the game not supporting it? What the hell good would having VR do me for this game to be butthurt Im on xbox? 
    Post edited by kevinkirk on
    Xbox one, controller
  • FrancisnfFrancisnf Member Unleaded
    Im not actually that bothered to be honest, PC2, AC and RF2 fill my VR needs + they have far better handling and physics.