Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

What the **** is that safety car doing?

online lobby, qualify, more than often that safety car is driving on track and massively slow on the racing line and 9 out of 10 time right in a braking zone which will screw up your lap...

i guess i’m not the only one having this?
If it ain’t dutch, it ain’t much 

#GOMAX33

Comments

• echo321echo321 Member Wheel Nut
    Don't use safetycar in online. as soon as 1 person leaves it will glitch and be unplayable...
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

AlexTT said:
    ...i guess i’m not the only one having this?

Indeed you are not the only one:
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132911/f1-2018-will-we-get-a-functioning-working-safety-car/p1

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of paid professional testers. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable functional quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback; they don't care if it works properly as long as it SELLS, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. Money talks louder than requests & complaints. #VoteWithYourWallet

• AlexTTAlexTT Member Pit Crew
    echo321 said:
    Don't use safetycar in online. as soon as 1 person leaves it will glitch and be unplayable...
    This was public lobby 5 laps

#GOMAX33
  • AlexTTAlexTT Member Pit Crew
    Just now started 5 lap race australia, there he was again, first corner, i saw cars flying! Hahaha

#GOMAX33
  • karting111karting111 Member Wheel Nut
    Safety car has been broken pretty much all year. Best not to use it in online lobbies.
  • speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Team Principal
    Safety car has been broken pretty much all year. Best not to use it in online lobbies.
    You’re missing the point it was in a public lobby where safety car is turned off,it just randomly appears on track sometimes mostly in one shot quali.Its quite funny actually when it happens 
  • NesjamagNesjamag Member Unleaded
    edited July 11
    Only had this once.
    But I've only done maybe 60-70 qualifying sessions online.
  • DiscoDaveDiscoDave Member Pit Crew
    Safety Car is broken. CM won't acknowledge it, as others have suggested you're best off disabling it from the start.

• MrCosta96MrCosta96 Member Wheel Nut
    It doesn't seem to be working in the Beta as well, so don't get your hopes up.
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    MrCosta96 said:
    You don't even have the beta do you..
  • MrCosta96MrCosta96 Member Wheel Nut
    MrCosta96 said:
    You don't even have the beta do you..
    No because other people have told me it doesn't work.
  • Hawkeye407Hawkeye407 Member Wheel Nut
    @AlexTT

You must be new here. The safety car is completely broken. Conmasters don't care, or acknowledge the issues. You mention it, you provide video footage, replays, they don't care. I'm sorry for this as you sound like a new player, and you had to find out this way. If you can get a refund do it asap, and find other games to play.