Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 Press “feature”

Any chance this interview garbage will be optional in a career? I play a racing game to race not waste my time with poorly animated and scripted cutscenes. If I cant run a career without it then its just another reason (besides past failures from CM) pushing me towards not buying this year. Which is shame because I do enjoy a good f1 race and a good career. The latter of which CM seem incapable of producing. Watching ppl talk on cell phones in 2017 was bad enough. No way I’m gonna spend time chit chatting between 3 hour races. 

Best Answer

Answers

• mceci1mceci1 Member Wheel Nut
    Career mode evolves around this stuff, hence the name 'career mode'. It gives the feeling of career mode. Interviews were a commonly requested feature, you have two options, run quick races and championship if you just want to race, or don't buy the game and not rant here. It's really that simple, even better, if it's races you want, look at something like rfactor or automobilista 
  • R4pp3rR4pp3r Member Race Steward
    daemun said:
    Unfortunately on console CM’s title is the only option for F1 career on F1 tracks soooo....

and career mode in a racing title should be about racing and scoring points to win a championship not playing elderscrolls with race cars. 
    Start a quick race and just add all the races then then you can have you extremely basic career mode 👍👍👍
    Nothing better than watching a driver on the ragged edge. Nothing better than feeling a car right on the limits of its own performance.
  • HeinosHeinos Member New Car Smell
    I continue to amaze me that it is never good for some people. Your "career" is like a quick race or the championship race option as mentioned above.
    Pick the calendar and race separate races. Have fun! ;)

• MaxSpiltzMaxSpiltz Member Unleaded
    martbloke said:
    There's also an option to not do the interview (I'm sure I saw the B button for Xbox in the bottom right corner suggesting no interview). What effect skipping the interview has on your rep though I do not know.
    I think it depends on the question, but it’ll certainly change your reputation most of the time.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    MaxSpiltz said:
    martbloke said:
    There's also an option to not do the interview (I'm sure I saw the B button for Xbox in the bottom right corner suggesting no interview). What effect skipping the interview has on your rep though I do not know.
    I think ityeah depends on the question, but it’ll certainly change your reputation most of the time.
    yeah I think it has a negative impact on your reputation if you skip them too much I'm sure I heard Lee say that somewhere in one of his interviews about the game.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited July 13
    daemun said:
    Any chance this interview garbage will be optional in a career? I play a racing game to race not waste my time with poorly animated and scripted cutscenes. If I cant run a career without it then its just another reason (besides past failures from CM) pushing me towards not buying this year. Which is shame because I do enjoy a good f1 race and a good career. The latter of which CM seem incapable of producing. Watching ppl talk on cell phones in 2017 was bad enough. No way I’m gonna spend time chit chatting between 3 hour races. 
    Kimi, is that you?

Post edited by Worntoathread on
  • DPaton23DPaton23 Member New Car Smell
    God i hope they keep up with the off track career stuff.  Rpg elements, r&d stuff, reputation, contracts, interviews, love that about cm f1 games. Nobody else really does that stuff.

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    DPaton23 said:
    God i hope they keep up with the off track career stuff.  Rpg elements, r&d stuff, reputation, contracts, interviews, love that about cm f1 games. Nobody else really does that stuff.

yeah F1 2018 I starting t oreall ysound like a proper RPG/racer game and I have to admit I'm liking what I'm hearing but I'll wait until most of the patching is done before I get it especially after what happened to my 2017 career. So I don't think I'll be playing until around Christmas at the earliest.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto