Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 German Gross Prize

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
Unfortunately, it's highly likely I'm gonna miss this race and the Hungarian GP as I'm going away to the USA for the first time in my life tomorrow! Doubt I'll have access to ESPN, unless by some miracle it's on in some bar. Hope it's a good race when I eventually get round to watching it!
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

Comments

• DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    What about using the Watch ESPN app? You could try that. Also, welcome to the USA. I could say some super cheesy stuff like, welcome to the land of the open road but then I would just sound like a dumb American. What brings you to this side of the pond?
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    Would F1 TV be no use to you @MBKF1

Too short.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Turns off qualifying, goes and plays Pcars2 in VR and wait for this to all blow over. Congrats to Ferrari for another win and the championship  ;)
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    edited July 21
    Hughesy said:
    Turns off qualifying, goes and plays Pcars2 in VR and wait for this to all blow over. Congrats to Ferrari for another win and the championship  ;)
    Nah, they'll start from 1 and 3, squeeze Verstappen, and crash into each other.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    Hughesy said:
    Okay, if Ferrari now dies tomorrow, I'm certain this forum is full of voodoo people. Every GP would be a race of who can reverse curse their least favorite team the best.
    I'm putting pins into a toy Ferrari car as we speak.
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    Correction: They'll start from 1 and 3, squeeze Bottas, and then crash into each other.

You heard it here first!
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    YES! Ferrari on pole position! I think Mercedes is putting to much focus on performance and not enough focus on reliability. I can't wait for the race tomorrow!

Hughesy said:
    I'm putting pins into a toy Ferrari car as we speak.

@Hughesy Now you know how I have felt for the last 4 years. :D
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    Hughesy said:
    The thing is there is actually Lewis fans out there that think like this. Acting as if he won't be up to 5th within 10 laps, and the Ferrari has a 200bhp advantage and is indestructible. 

Most sensitive and defeatist fan base I've ever seen. Matches the driver. 
    I also am a Verstappen-fan, so anything that either sees Bottas NOT leading or the top-3 eliminating each other is fine by me.

If that happens, we might even see a shock podium for a Haas or Hulkenberg.
    edited July 21
    Judging by this place Ferrari fans are no better, after a few races Hamilton apparently had the championship  ;) Don't throw stones at glass houses. People say stupid things in the heat of the moment due to passion and rage, every fan base is the same.

The reason you see it so much from Hamilton fans is because he has such a large and varied fan base, some of which are very young. If we had social media in the Senna, Prost and Schumacher days you would have seen the same things.

Also Hamilton didn't actually cause the issue, he had steering hydraulic failure, which caused him to go wide. Fun fact, I've done more laps at Hockenheim than Hamilton today :joy:

• GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion
    edited July 21

VetteIfan said:
    The thing is there is actually Lewis fans out there that think like this. Acting as if he won't be up to 5th within 10 laps, and the Ferrari has a 200bhp advantage and is indestructible. 

Most sensitive and defeatist fan base I've ever seen. Matches the driver. 

Pot, kettle, black. And that was after winter testing, mind you.

• VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer

Pot, kettle, black. And that was after winter testing, mind you.

Then we're all heathens. 

That comment at that time was pretty much the consensus of the whole F1 community and every F1 based forum, mind you. 

Right now we're in the middle of what has evidently turned out to be a tight championship battle, off the back of Mercedes getting 3 poles in a row, where they've now had one bad qualifying. 

So the statement calling them the most sensitive and defeatist fan base is pretty accurate. 
    edited July 22
    You declared not only this but the next two seasons as over for the rest of the grid before F1 turned one wheel in any competitive event. And you weren't the only one to do that in the red camp. The price for the most sensitive and defeatist fan base therefore goes to you and it's well deserved. Can't talk your way out of this one, Seb.
    I totally declared this season to be over. I don't care. Totally thought Mercedes had left Ferrari behind. After 4(?) years of Mercedes-dominance, I'm sceptic of any Mercedes-weakness, assuming they'll come back and figuratively slap the ops in their faces with their figurative ****. I feel like that's warranted. It was either that or other teams not even being a factor period.

This season, it seems like the catch-up game is legit for a change and Ferrari seemingly even has an edge. So unless Mercedes strikes back and wins just about every race after the summer break, this is the season where I was wrong and I don't really care, I'm happy to see a season where it looks like it'll go down to the wire between two teams. Basically a win-win. If Mercedes dominates, I can say "I told you so" although I don't really want to, if Ferrari kills that dominance, I get what I want too.

But yeah, I can see why you would point at that as a defeatist attitude when someone else points at Hamilton-fans for having a defeatist attitude.

On a side-note, I do think it's weird when Mercedes has a bad result and they start tweeting, you have people outraged in the comments demanding apologies from the team because they let Lewis down. Mercedes' tweeting-game in general is very teen girly and dramatic. Almost like a Korean boyband talking to their fandom. It's so not formal and it's so cheesy and corny and you have grown adults eating it up. You also have teams like Renault, Force India post silly **** on Twitter, but you don't have that High School Musical-vibe you get from Mercedes when it interacts with the Lewis Hamilton-fanbase. Maybe it's just me, but I just can't stand that ****. It doesn't sound genuine, it doesn't even sound like a human conversation, because no human talks like that in real life. You also see this Tumblr-y approach with football clubs, especially Arsenal and it's making me cringe there too. I'll probably never get over that. I don't know, interaction is cool, but I also want them to keep it formal to a certain degree.

Not to attack anyone here personally, I mean, you guys are normal, but since we're talking fanbases anyway.
    My only point in this thread was to shed some light on the hypocrisy of calling other people out for being defeatist, while being uber-defeatist yourself. It wasn't even directed at you, Jiggy.
    edited July 22
    My only point in this thread was to shed some light on the hypocrisy of calling other people out for being defeatist, while being uber-defeatist yourself. It wasn't even directed at you, Jiggy.
    I know, I didn't feel like it was directed towards me. I just wanted to give my random two cents. I don't even think most of it was even ontopic towards the discussion, I'm just really bored right now. I can see why it looks like I'm being defensive looking back at it.
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    I think it was understandable to be a bit defeatist after winter testing. 4 years of Mercedes dominance/superiority takes it's toll. It began to look like 2017 was a blip, a blip which they still won by a mile in the end. Thankfully we and the experts were all wrong!

Mercedes/Lewis fans getting defeatist now is a bit unwarranted as they don't really have a run of Ferrari dominance to back it up. And we've all watched the last 4 year's. 
    Anyone who has watched a season of F1 knows it very rarely goes to plan the whole year. There is always lows, and Mercedes have the ability to bounce back. Even now I wouldn't be surprised if Mercedes came back with the fastest car after the summer break.

| 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

edited July 22
    Ffs Ricciardo takes new bits and still breaks down, nice....

Now where is that rain? I fell asleep after 3 laps, not because of boredom, but because I was up until 2:30am racing Pcars2 in VR and then woke up at 7am. 

How did Kimi get ahead? 
    YEEEEEEESSSSZZSZ