Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Ranked Season Play Issues

I just started the new ranked season play for Onrush, and it's very fun and competative at times. Although, for my place,met matches it put me in an already losing game which I don't think is fair. Also, I noticed ranked play can have bots, which takes out the competitiveness of ranked play. Lastly, there seems to be a bug that causes the game to freeze before a ranked match starts, keeping everyone at the loading screen. 

Comments

• ExcaIiburExcaIibur Member New Car Smell
    I can vouch for the above problem too, it just stays on the loading screen and then you have to quit the game to the dashboard. It would happen in quick play too.

There's a bug where the race finishes, it goes to the scoreboard and then throws you out and you get penalized and de-ranked, even though the match had finished and I just won the match. 

Another issue is you get put in a game, but the A.I bot is playing for you, all you can do is watch and if you don't move your controller, it threatens to kick you out of the game for inactivity. 

The scoring on the game is dreadful too, takedowns have very little value towards your overall score to whether or not you get MVP or score higher... yet taking people out, can affect the outcome of the game greatly. The scoring needs to be changed to reflect this.

• spectrumfoxspectrumfox Member New Car Smell
    edited August 14
    Ugh, I was looking forward to Ranked Mode so much, but the game has turned into a buggy turd.

This is ridiculous. It's hardly worth playing anymore.
  • CRUSADERZORROCRUSADERZORRO Member New Car Smell
    ExcaIibur said:
    I can vouch for the above problem too, it just stays on the loading screen and then you have to quit the game to the dashboard. It would happen in quick play too.

There's a bug where the race finishes, it goes to the scoreboard and then throws you out and you get penalized and de-ranked, even though the match had finished and I just won the match. 

Another issue is you get put in a game, but the A.I bot is playing for you, all you can do is watch and if you don't move your controller, it threatens to kick you out of the game for inactivity. 

The scoring on the game is dreadful too, takedowns have very little value towards your overall score to whether or not you get MVP or score higher... yet taking people out, can affect the outcome of the game greatly. The scoring needs to be changed to reflect this.

I can confirm these issues occur as well. Also, I had an issue where the game would not update the score, so our team was driving around basically doing nothing while the game had already ended. 
    edited August 14
    It wouldn't be so bad if they left Quick Play enabled during Pre-Season. But it's like, right now the only way to play MP is the buggy Pre-Season mode. And if you're unlucky enough to get a bugged match, there goes your rank.
  • RaylanGivensRaylanGivens Member New Car Smell
    Ranked Mode is hilariously bad. Why do I get thrown in ongoing/losing games all the time? 

I've managered to get one game in so far today, the game just froze mid game and threw me back to the dashboard. Which again is gonna result in another de-rank. 

I've yet to see a response regarding all these issues... (playing on Xbox One X)
  • beezobeezobeezobeezo Member New Car Smell
    Signed up just to express how terrible my experience with Onrush has been since the 3.0 update. The game crashes far too often to be considered functional. This happens more frequently in ranked mode which then penalizes the player. That is, if I can even get into an online game. Codemasters was a bad choice for the ex-Evolution studios team. This in no way will look bad on Rushy or his crew -- only Codemasters. FYI running on base PS4. Will any of our concerns on here make any difference to the current development team? I hope so. I hope they're getting a lot of feedback of how bad this is. Truthfully I want this to succeed because when I can play it I enjoy it quite a lot. No Pacific Rift but it'll do til Rushy comes back.
  • arookCMarookCM Community Manager
    Hi guys. Thanks for all the feedback. 

We're aware of the issues and are currently looking into them all. Sorry for any de-ranking and any inconvenience caused by the issues. 
  • Dazaric87Dazaric87 Member New Car Smell
    For those of us that have waited for this game spent hard earned money on the game and had high expectations for this game I'm sorely sorry to admit....have been let down....look I get it making and maintaining any kind of video game these days is hard I could go on and on about buggy this what in God's name is that....and I'm going to because like other gamers that enjoy good games the only way things get fixed is if it's brought to the attention of the developers yes the whole ranked gameplay is no where near optimal....for one no ranked game should be started unless all slots are filled with players not bots.....no you should not be thrown into a game that's ongoing if I have to wait 5 minutes to start a whole game from the beginning so be it it's ranked it's to be expected until the player base grows but what y'all have tried to do in ranked so far is gonna lose you player base extremely fast I among other players have waited months for ranked gameplay paid my money and I feel no thought if any was put into ranked for a match you just joined and it's already in the end phase of the match and you lose and it counts against your record is uncalled for...this is a amazingly fun addictive game unfortunately for me I will no longer play onrush until the developers have revamped ranked and put some actual thought into it .......P.s. please for the love of God do something about respawns it's rather annoying respawning and getting taken out again as soon as I fully respawn
  • App13533dApp13533d Member New Car Smell
    edited August 15
    CRUSADERZORRO said:
    Also, I had an issue where the game would not update the score, so our team was driving around basically doing nothing while the game had already ended. 
    Yeah, this happened to me in a game today too (on XBox)
    Had to quit the game entirely, and on relaunch & sign-in got the message that I would be penalised for quitting the game- in this case the XP & possible increase in rank from the win in that match.

In a few other cases 13-14/8 my connection with the server seems to have been interrupted at the conclusion of a match after Rank and/or XP have been awarded, returning me to the launch & sign-in screen with the same "penalty" message before the main menu loads, and I've lost a few Gear crates I'd earned in leveling up from XP gains & hadn't yet opened.

I've now taken to leaving the lobby immediately after I've earned a crate to open it before playing any further ranked games. It's possible that my internet connection is to blame, though I do note that this issue has repeatedly & only occurred at the end of a match after Rank and/or XP have been awarded, and not at any point prior or during the match.

I've played ~123 Ranked matches now & been on a winning team for half of them... I would guess that same number (the half) of them I've joined after the match commenced, though rarely close to the end beyond my having a chance to influence the outcome. I'd also estimate I've been dropped into an equal number of teams the were ahead or behind at the point I join in those matches in progress.

I appreciate being able to get back into the action ASAP at the end of a current match, but can understand that would not be everyone's preference.

Any chance CM would consider finessing the Ranked match lobby so you could be given the option to choose to join a match in action, or wait to start a fresh match? The draw to join a match in progress could be that the type (eg. Overdrive, Countdown etc) & possibly even current score is visible- though the server would still decide which team you would join. Otherwise, the type of fresh match you would wait for will be randomised by the server... which I assume is the case currently for all multiplayer matches.
    Post edited by App13533d on
  • sanderjksanderjk Member New Car Smell
    I just want to add that I have been both dropping connection at the end of match I'd estimate 1-4th of the time, and I have now crashed out of the game as I get taken down in Ranked Mode 4x in the last 48h.

And I also just now joined a game in progress where the graphics didn't load in. I can feel my rumble activating, I hear the sound of catching up and the occasional crash.
    edited August 17
    Like wow, I had got up to platinum ace rank division 3 today. However I've had the game freeze in the middle of matches, most of which I'm wining, over 10 times so far today, its ridiculous. I even started the game back up and it put me back in one of the matches I was winning, just for the game to freeze again within a minute of each other. Then I start the game again and it puts me in a losing match right at the end.

As I currently write this, I'm stuck on the "waiting for players" loading screen, yet I can hear cars or bikes going around each time and my controller is vibrating non stop. Looks like I'm gonna get de-ranked again. 

Edit... so after 15mins, it went into the match and it came up with being defeated, it was obvious the other team were in the match because of their extremely high scores.

I then made it up to platinum ace rank division 2, I won 2 games, it held rank and then it put me in a game where they were 2-0 down and it de-ranked me (okay lol). Then after that it went down hill from there, back to division 5. Constantly being put in matches that were already started and the teams were so uneven. 
    Post edited by ExcaIibur on
    edited August 19
    As of right now, there's connection issues going on, it kept throwing me back to the main menu when the match ended and in game, peoples connections were coming up as poor. Think there's servers issues happening...

Edit... so far today, I've de-ranked so many times due to network errors and the game freezing mid match, I've nearly gone back down to king platinum.  All the games it froze in and network errors that pooped up, were games we were easily winning. 

There is also a round glitch, we won the first round in over drive, it got stuck on 0 - 0, then it said we lost the next round, even though the round didn't even start. I have video evidence, although it doesn't allow me to upload on here.

Post edited by ExcaIibur on
    Cross-posted from other thread.
    I haven't experienced any crashing or disconnects with Summer Slam so far. Been playing for the last three or so days.
    It's like night and day compared to Pre-Season.