Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Ranked Mode issues

Hi folks 👋

I just wanted to let you all know that we're aware of the issues that some of you have been experiencing with Ranked Mode. 

We're currently looking into them for you. Thank you for bringing them all to our attention 👍

Comments

  • App13533dApp13533d Member New Car Smell
    Thanks Arook :)

    Do you want us to continue to report them in this thread, or in the previous one? https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/136065/ranked-season-play-issues#latest
  • ExcaIiburExcaIibur Member New Car Smell
    I've played an fair few ranked matches now, I just hit platinum, however the rank system needs a lot of tweaking. A lot of the time it keeps jumping me from game to game, ones that have already started or nearly finished and I've lost most of my matches when this happens. It then counts as a loss and you end up get de-ranked, which is just silly. Another issue is this (see screenshot), the other team won, yet I easily outscored everyone on both sides, but I don't get MVP... Brings me to another point, if I get MVP or come top on my team, surely I shouldn't get de-ranked. Also if the team I'm on win and I get MVP, shouldn't my rank move up more than one notch (division)? Like I said before, the scoring overall needs tweaking too and shouldn't any new players have to complete some sort of basic training first, before being allowed into rank matches... because a lot of people have no clue what they are doing. 

  • arookCMarookCM Community Manager
    App13533d said:
    Thanks Arook :)

    Do you want us to continue to report them in this thread, or in the previous one? https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/136065/ranked-season-play-issues#latest
    The thread you guys created is the place we've been pulling issues from, so let's keep it there! 

    Thanks :) 
  • arookCMarookCM Community Manager
    ExcaIibur said:
    I've played an fair few ranked matches now, I just hit platinum, however the rank system needs a lot of tweaking. A lot of the time it keeps jumping me from game to game, ones that have already started or nearly finished and I've lost most of my matches when this happens. It then counts as a loss and you end up get de-ranked, which is just silly. Another issue is this (see screenshot), the other team won, yet I easily outscored everyone on both sides, but I don't get MVP... Brings me to another point, if I get MVP or come top on my team, surely I shouldn't get de-ranked. Also if the team I'm on win and I get MVP, shouldn't my rank move up more than one notch (division)? Like I said before, the scoring overall needs tweaking too and shouldn't any new players have to complete some sort of basic training first, before being allowed into rank matches... because a lot of people have no clue what they are doing. 

    Thanks for this. 

    Firstly, congrats on hitting platinum! Secondly, thanks for the feedback. We're already looking into the issues you've raised around balancing in Ranked Mode. 
  • ExcaIiburExcaIibur Member New Car Smell
    edited August 18
    Just got back up to platinum ace division 3 again, we win the game and then a connection error pops up and I get de-ranked once again. I've even recorded all this stuff.


    Edit... finally got there, knowing my luck, I'd probably lose the next game I play and go back down lol...





    Post edited by ExcaIibur on
  • LeeOnydasLeeOnydas Member New Car Smell
    edited August 25
    Ranked play should not allow players to join in progress. A majority of the races I join at the very end. Often in defeat. Which of course drops my rank. This must be addressed or I can say for certain I will not be playing this for very long. I cant be the only one who is frustrated that rank seems to be based more on a roll of the dice than my skill as a driver.  If we must join in progress at least limit it to only the first minute or two of the match. There has got to be a way to check if a match is seconds away from ending before I join. 


  • ExcaIiburExcaIibur Member New Car Smell
    I hadn't played for a week, went back on today, first game we're winning and it freezes. De-ranked. Then network errors after, and then it freezes two more times in game, while winning. De-ranked yet again. 

    I wont be back on till you fixed it. Its just plain ridiculous.
  • spectrumfoxspectrumfox Member New Car Smell
    LeeOnydas said:
    Ranked play should not allow players to join in progress. A majority of the races I join at the very end. Often in defeat. Which of course drops my rank. This must be addressed or I can say for certain I will not be playing this for very long. I cant be the only one who is frustrated that rank seems to be based more on a roll of the dice than my skill as a driver.  If we must join in progress at least limit it to only the first minute or two of the match. There has got to be a way to check if a match is seconds away from ending before I join. 


    Agreed. It's complete BS that they do this.
    It's almost like they've never made a MP game before.
  • App13533dApp13533d Member New Car Smell
    edited August 28
    Just in case no-one else has reported these glitches on XBox One- they have carried over from the Pre-Season into Summer Slam:

    Occasionally after choosing a vehicle & entering the "Joining Game" phase, rather than progressing into the "Waiting for Players" phase, it will instead report "Match Ended", without showing any result. When this occurs, about half of the time rather than returning you to the lobby again, it instead returns to the Event announcement screen and gets stuck ie. doesn't progress any further- even if you wait several minutes. The B button to leave & return to the lobby does not respond, nor does any other aside from the XBox Main Menu button, and the only fix I have divined is to completely quit the game from the XBox Main menu & relaunch.

    Also a few times today I have started a match without incident, but by 30 seconds into the match the game replaces my session with an AI competitor, from whose perspective I can only watch the remainder of that match, without any input or control. Pressing the = button allows you to quit the match, return to the lobby & rejoin the match, but you are penalised a Rank for doing so- even though you otherwise have no further control or input into that match.
    Post edited by App13533d on
  • spectrumfoxspectrumfox Member New Car Smell
    I haven't experienced any crashing or disconnects with Summer Slam so far. Been playing for the last three or so days.
    It's like night and day compared to Pre-Season.
  • App13533dApp13533d Member New Car Smell
    edited August 29
    The second issue that I reported yesterday above did not present in my play today, but some of that first issue again;

    Also a few matches never progressed past the "Waiting for Players" phase after several minutes- ie. within at least 3 cycles of the music intros/incidentals. This required to quit the game entirely & relaunch.
    Post edited by App13533d on
  • sanderjksanderjk Member New Car Smell
    The crashes seem to only get worse. I have had 5 or 6 today. It is really annoying to log back into "You have been penalized for for leaving a ranked match"

    I
  • JaexenJaexen Member New Car Smell
    So, the timer has went all wonky. The summer slam cards went from the right times to ebing all OVER A MONTH AWAY. PLZ TELL ME THIS IS A ERROR AT THE STUDIO. I WANT MY WAVE RIDER XL AND GREASER BADLY!!!
  • App13533dApp13533d Member New Car Smell
    edited September 6
    Just in case CM hasn't seen it mentioned elsewhere, Server connection on XBox has been very spotty for about the last 7-8 hours, and still at the time of writing- currently stuck in "Waiting for Players" for several minutes (same issue I reported on August 30 above)

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2069002993387907/?multi_permalinks=2163702273917978&notif_id=1536173097353721&notif_t=group_activity
  • App13533dApp13533d Member New Car Smell
    edited September 12
    Still ongoing regular, random loss of connection with server. You might get a few games in before it kicks you out... would someone from CM care to comment?

    As a Motorstorm tragic that missed the PR & AE MP, I'm really enjoying the game, but I can't really recommend it to any of my friends yet due to these continuing server issues. Having achieved Platinum Ace Division 1 & then slid down to King again- due in part to being "Penalised" for lost connections that I'm pretty confident has not been due to any interruption at my end- I'm thinking of putting this aside for a few weeks... fortunately there are a few SP titles coming up for release that will keep me occupied in the meantime.
    Post edited by App13533d on
  • App13533dApp13533d Member New Car Smell
    edited September 12
    I'm loath to mention it in case I jinx it, but there has been a marked reduction of loss of connection with server, on XBox since the weekend- thanks CM Team! The aforementioned issues are still happening, though less frequently- the most prominent now is a lengthy "Waiting for Players" phase for several minutes, although even that seems to have improved (or perhaps I've just become more patient ;)

    However, today I have encountered a new issue- the game will freeze mid-match for a few seconds, then briefly flash to black- presumably due to crashing, as it next returns to the XBox menu. This has occurred for me at least 3 times today, most recently just prior to this post.
    Post edited by App13533d on
  • App13533dApp13533d Member New Car Smell
    edited September 18
    That RAGE you feel when you win & MVP a long-fought match, then get a network error before the spotlight presentation- and get penalised a rank division instead :|
    Post edited by App13533d on
Sign In or Register to comment.