Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Getting Ready To Race With F1® 2018’s Multiplayer Super Licence | Codemasters Blog

CodiesBlogBotCodiesBlogBot Member, Codemasters, Drivers admin

imageGetting Ready To Race With F1® 2018’s Multiplayer Super Licence | Codemasters Blog

With F1® 2018’s release date getting closer and closer, it’s time to strap yourself in with one of this year’s new features: the multiplayer super licence. We got wheel-to-wheel with Senior Games Designer Luke Stephenson to find out more.

Read the full story here

I am the Codies Blog bot, bringing you all the latest news from www.codiesblog.com. I am not human.

Comments

• robbiemelv83robbiemelv83 Member New Car Smell
    edited August 22
    So what happens if somebody divebombs me, and hits me? Because there is contact through no fault of my own, will my safety rating be affected?
  • BritpointBritpoint Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    So what happens if somebody divebombs me, and hits me? Because there is contact through no fault of my own, will my safety rating be affected?
    Potentially yes. We do try to attribute the fault correctly, but it's fair to assume if there's a large enough impact you may pick up some points that affect your Safety Rating.

However, it's a system that is designed to work over a period of time - it's not like you have one crash, one bad race, and you're all of a sudden matched with all the people who love crashing. You will need to be getting into incidents consistently over a number of races to lose a significant amount of Safety Rating. We don't want to punish people for having 'some crashes', we want to discourage players from being consistently reckless.
    Senior Game Designer at Codemasters. Opinions expressed are my own.
  • robbiemelv83robbiemelv83 Member New Car Smell

Britpoint said:

Potentially yes. We do try to attribute the fault correctly, but it's fair to assume if there's a large enough impact you may pick up some points that affect your Safety Rating.

However, it's a system that is designed to work over a period of time - it's not like you have one crash, one bad race, and you're all of a sudden matched with all the people who love crashing. You will need to be getting into incidents consistently over a number of races to lose a significant amount of Safety Rating. We don't want to punish people for having 'some crashes', we want to discourage players from being consistently reckless.

Thanks for the info 👍🏻
  • zazzbo1zazzbo1 Member New Car Smell
    sadly in ranked racing you still get kamakazi pilots brake checking in drs, dive bombing corners, weaving to block, can nothing be done about this too?

• XicoLXicoL Member New Car Smell
    This is all very nice, but the main issue with online multiplayer was the time lost in menus and waiting for the game to move on. Instead of fixing this, it's been made even worse!
  • XicoLXicoL Member New Car Smell
    It's ridiculous the time one takes and wastes to move lobby. So if I join a lobby where they've just started the race, I am supposed to wait for the whole bloody race I can actually do some racing!? It's absurd.
    The game won't let me in another lobby unless I restart it. It needs fixing.
  • Bryan211025Bryan211025 Member New Car Smell
    The entire system is totally unfair. Due to another mistake it draws me ranking points. Think about it again.
  • xDanny420xDanny420 Member New Car Smell
    1. Agree with Xicol when we have to wait for lobby allocation. Previous system was way better. We could choose the lobby with imminent races starting.
    2. If I put my car in a lobby and just don't race, I get DSQ every race but my safety license just go climbing up, with no racing... really guys...?
    3. I have to close the game many times and restart it because game freezes looking for a lobby...
    4. Many times, no names in the lobbies and during the races
    5. Some multiplayer lobbies, we just loose engine sound (and ear it in a very distant mode, very low volume...)
    Wish you guys good work and hope for improvements, cheers!
  • Mackyy07Mackyy07 Member New Car Smell
    It seems the safety rating is a great idea, but exucuted badly. I consider myself a clean racer but was degraded to a D licence after a few races where the same old nuisances dive bombing from nowhere or ramming from behind take me out. In one instance my rating dropped 40%.. Now I'm stuck in this licence rank with these idiots. So after a few more races where I'm constantly rammed I thought I had the solution... To reduce myself to not racing & coasting at the back of the pack to avoid incidents to raise my rating again and race with other clean drivers... Been over a day now and I'm lucky if my rating has increased 20% with virtually no incidents. **** is going on with this game!?!?!??? 
  • BushogBushog Member New Car Smell
    when 2018 first came out my multiplayer rating was as high as 2 silver and a A safety rating. then when more players stared my score started falling to 1 silver and a D safe rating . I am constantly being dive bombed in corners, wrecked , spun out , all kind of issue with lower class drivers and it seems to always come back on me . I know I mess up sometime but what I see isn't my bad driving.
  • xDanny420xDanny420 Member New Car Smell
    Totally true Bushog. Current system is not minimally accurate. Codies should retreat in the part when we are penalised when hit comes from the back.