Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

MotoGP

I'm kinda surprised a MotoGP thread hasn't popped up yet :p

Interesting start to the season at Qatar! Marquez winning with a recently healed leg, Rossi going p10 to p2, Lorenzo falling from the lead and Bradl doing the same shortly after. Far more exciting to watch than F1 atm :D

Comments

• Matthew77258Matthew77258 Member Race Steward
    Completely missed both Qualy and the Race at Qatar however i'm going to try to watch a lot more of it this year. Last year missed out on a good 50% of the races. :/
    Twitter | Member since 2011 

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Please tell me you at least saw Silverstone and Valencia last season? :p 2 fantastically good races!
    edited April 2014
    Yes I remember both of those Fez. Silverstone was great.  :D

• Tylerrnty1Tylerrnty1 Member Unleaded
    Marquez is the next Rossi imo, just incredible stuff from him at the moment.
    TYLERRNTY1 
    Number #16 
    F1 LEAGUE STATS - 27 Wins (AF1 S1 CHAMPION) and (VRL GP1 RUNNER UP)
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Marquez is on top form, I reckon he'll be champion again this year
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
  • alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward
    Completely missed both Qualy and the Race at Qatar however i'm going to try to watch a lot more of it this year. Last year missed out on a good 50% of the races. :/
    You missed an incredible race. Almost as good as Silverstone last year.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    And too many crashes as well!
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
    Well apparently the race could be more boring than F1 in Australia/Malaysia..
    Go Honda!
    You were nearly right Mike :p A few decent scraps here and there, Yamaha need to get their act together, gutted anout Lorenzo's jump start, and Crutchlow buggering his hand... I swear that Ducati is gonna kill him.
    I missed the race again... :/

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113442

"Distracted by Mosquitoes" 
    Best.Excuse.Ever. :P

Lol! Think I may have to rewatch the race and see if Lorenzo is swatting at them just before he jumps :p
    Looks like we're in for another display of Marquez dominating @mike96. Good to see Lorenzo on the front row at least!
    Wait, Marquez is dominating me? :P

Yeah it should be exciting at the start with Lorenzo being first after T1 possibly but it will be a matter of time before Marquez grabs the lead and wins the 3rd in a row.
    Go Honda!
    That's not the kind of display I had in mind lol :p 

3 in a row without a doubt. The only hope is for both Pedrosa and Lorenzo to jump him at the start, and then do their best to hold him off. 
    Did you see quali? Those Tech 3's were nutty on the final corner haha :D Gonna predict Pol and Bradl to come off in the race, and for a Ducati to injure another rider.
    Yup I saw it, actually Espargaro (Pol) had a crash there in free practice but yeah he just kept pushing a lot through that kink. And once again Bradl crashed when he had the opportunity to do something really good.

Btw that Rio Hondo track, it's not that bad, is it?
    Go Honda!
    I fear MotoGp is set to become even more boring than F1.  Come on Jorge !
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    Missed the free practice sessions this time, but fair shout to him for still pushing there even with the crash! 
    Bradl seems to do that a lot when he's in a good position. Like Valencia 2012, running 3rd and looking good for his first podium, only to crash out. I can't help but feel sorry for him when it happens though cos he definitely has the skill to be one of the top guys.

Not a bad circuit for sure :) Should produce some really good battles further back in the pack in the race! Though I wish it had a little more elevation change :p

Looking like it this season SA, I'm actually hoping that some of the rumours for next season are true, might spice things up a bit! With all the contracts coming up I'd love to see this line-up:

Honda
    Marquez
    Lorenzo

Yamaha
    Rossi
    A.Espargaro

Suzuki
    Pedrosa
    De Puniet

Obviously being British I'd love to see Crutchlow or Smith at Yamaha instead of Espargaro. But there's no denying that Aleix would be better there, he has some serious talent!
    I want to see Maverick Viñales in either the Yamaha or the Suzuki ride. I think he could challenge Marquez.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL